thesuffering

Wake issues since Catalina?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What happens is:

When I press sleep from menu, or close lid, the screen will turn off and the machine will look to be sleeping. The fans eventually spin down and it's quiet. When I open the lid back up, nothing happens. Lid stays dark. Nothing will wake the machine back up, not pressing the trackpad, not pressing the power button. The only way I can get back up and running is to hold the power button and fully shut the laptop off (which is what I think caused my Finder issues). Interestingly, I did notice if I press the caps lock key, it lights on and off. Id assume this shouldn't happen if the machine is sleeping.  

I did check my DSDT, and I have a _WAK method in there, and in fact the DSDT I'm using was working just fine for sleep/wake in Mojave. Is anyone else having problems like this, or is there something wrong in my files?

Laptop is Dell Inspiron 11 3153

core i3 6100u

dw1560 wifi/bluetooth

I attached my debug files

debug_6657.zip

Edited by thesuffering

Advertisement

Well, obviously.  But I havent seen anyone else talking about sleep/wake issues so I wanted to clarify if something is up with my files (DSDT, kexts, config.plist) or if its just the beta being a beta.  If nobody posts about these things nobody will know there are issues.  

Same issues here. Login screen freezes upon wake.

One would think they'd fix such issues before the public beta, but then again, this is post-Steve Jobs Apple...