osy

[Guide] HaC Mini - OSX Mojave on Intel Hades Canyon (NUC8i7HVK/NUC8i7HNK)

204 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, jasegti said:

I cannot for the life of me get the usb installer to work. Followed instructions to create usb installer which works fine and running HaCMini.pkg and selecting patch osx ends in a failed installation. Not sure why things are going wrong. Have attached log file if anybody would be kind enough to have a glance.

Installer Log 12-Sep-2019.txt

Did you format the installer usb as GUID? Anyways please make a new issue in github since I don't check the forums often. Thanks. 

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, Schnubbi said:

I received the BCM94350ZAE DW1820A and installed it. It works fine in Win10 so it is not broken.

WiFi / BT adapter shows up in IORegistry Explorer on PciRoot(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x02)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

When I add the device to the plist, I get Wifi to run in combination with AirportBrcmFixup. 

Bluetooth won't work though.

I get the device displayed on USB HS09 as BCM2045A0 in System Information.

Nevertheless, it says Bluetooth not available and I can't use bluetooth. 

How to best integrate this with HaC Mini? Is there any WiFi/Bluetooth configuration already in HaC Mini that might interfere with my efforts?

THX 

Screenshot 2019-08-06 at 18.47.10.png

On 8/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, netx said:

Thank you for this. This is the only configuration during my last days of researched that really works.

Only left is bluetooth and wifi. These do not work and bluetooth keeps on searching and can't be turned off.

Appreciate any help.

I am using kowbot clover folder :) Thanks @kowbot

On 8/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, Schnubbi said:

Got it up and running now, including Handoff. (I don´t know if AppleWatch unlock works, since I don´t have an Apple Watch).

1.) DISABLE Wake on LAN and PCIE ASPM. Other threads say you need to tape some pins on your board, but this BIOS setting did it for me. Maybe only one of the two is required.

2.) Configure USB correctly, including bluetooth on internal USB (SSDT-UIAC + USBInjectAll) (Could this configuration maybe be merged into HaC Mini one day?)

3.) Configure WiFI PCI device correctly

4.) Add Boot options for BrcmFixup, actually works without these boot options as well on SOME DW1820 boards.

5.) Bluetooth in your FirmwareRepo should match Windows firmware, otherwise you will get strange effects when warm booting from one OS to the other.

For me, v7 c4096 works fine. Other threads say, you can also go for v5799 or v5803. For me, Handoff then never worked.

545025955_Screenshot2019-08-16at16_21_38.png.97368784ec2409cabfe2f44f924ea54e.png

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 16.26.07.png

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 16.27.45.png

HI ALL,

Regarding DW1820A difficulties: I was having the same problems with my DW1820A (CN-0VW3T3 version the "good" one). Latest Kexts do not seem to need anything special as it works "Out of Box" BUT I had the same problems with WiFi showing in PCI devices and BT showing as internal but nothing worked...

What DID work was:

Repairing permissions

Rebuilding kextcache

Rebuilding Kextcache

following this guide fixed it on a reboot
Repair permissions in /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and /L/E (Library/Extensions) folders

Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

Rebuild Kext Cache
Type the following command in the Terminal:
sudo kextcache -i /
Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Edited by CowberryCone6288

On 10/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, CowberryCone6288 said:

HI ALL,

Regarding DW1820A difficulties: I was having the same problems with my DW1820A (CN-0VW3T3 version the "good" one). Latest Kexts do not seem to need anything special as it works "Out of Box" BUT I had the same problems with WiFi showing in PCI devices and BT showing as internal but nothing worked...

What DID work was:

Repairing permissions

Rebuilding kextcache

Rebuilding Kextcache

following this guide fixed it on a reboot
Repair permissions in /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and /L/E (Library/Extensions) folders

Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

Rebuild Kext Cache
Type the following command in the Terminal:
sudo kextcache -i /
Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Seems I spoke too soon:

I rebooted into BIOS one more time just to change fan speeds again, and after that my BlueTooth Apple keyboard stopped working and the BT module is back to being unable to connect to any devices... Connection failed, attempts to connect, etc. No idea what was so perfect that time...

I did a mod where I added some decent heat sinks to the Samsung drives I had in mine, Made the world of difference.

top.thumb.png.e7ce16cd7af47cdb9d61317777e90908.png

cover.png

temp.png