LG gram 17 boots only after hard nvram reset.

Dmitry R

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have strange problem with my LG gram 17 (17z990, whiskey lake i7-8565U, uhd620, 16GB RAM, 512GB + 1TB SSD). I can boot it with the macos installer only once and only after disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and then pressing F11 in Clover to reset the nvram. Otherwise it stuck in the middle of booting process . Is there any other way to reset nvram (or whatever) to make it boot without battery disconnection?

Thank you.

Edited by Dmitry R

4 hours ago, Allan said:

Which method did you use to install and configure macOS?

I did it with clover uefi + 10.14.5 install on usb/gpt. Mojave installation disk was prepared with /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/macos

Hi Allan, it was a hard day for me. I bended the pin in the battery socket while switching the battery on and off and it was a nightmare to fix it. I did it, but decided not to disconnect battery anymore. Nevertheless, I managed to make the system boot all the times. I updated LG control Center in Windows and probably it changed something in bios (or may be updated it) After that the booting success frequency without battery disconnection increased drastically and I managed to find a clover config, that makes me boot every time. Now the graphics is what I'm working on. The graphic does not start. I can login to the system only remotely via screen sharing. Here is the file with the information I collected using you app. 

Send me dimas-Air.xirosterni.home.zip

• Like 1

Thank you. Meanwhile I've managed to make the graphics work with full QE/CI So I'm fine with that. The next topic in my list is I2C touchpad. I've just started reading the procedure and it doesn't seem to be too easy. Will see. I'll put updates here