HS only boots from USB. HELP!

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm a little desperate, I spent way too many days/hours trying to make 'Bella' work but no luck.

Z68X-UD3H-B3

i7 2600k

GTX 570

So OS X is installed but I can't boot from my system drive. It only boots through the USB. I searched and tried a lot of things but the issue remains. What I tried:
- replacing EFI partition from USB to my drive

- change boot drive to my drive's name in config.plist

- updated my bios to UEFI

- messed around with BIOS options

- reinstalled HS 5-6 times.

*Funny/weird thing is that in the beginning it worked! Booted fine! but then something was wrong with my mac account so I decided to reinstall. And then the issue came up. Also in the very first install it seemed like NVIDIA drivers were working fine but after I reinstalled they don't seem to work anymore. Makes me thing if something goes wrong with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

**I am using Legacy in clover but now I updated my BIOS to UEFI. Could this be an issue ? My motherboard is a 6 series.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you updated your BIOS to boot UEFI then you should in reality build your USB installer also as UEFI. Reading through your post it seems you're trying to boot a legacy built USB with a UEFI BIOS. Rebuild your USB as UEFI and I am sure you will have better results. Good luck.

Hey guys, thanks! I posted the same thread somewhere else and a guy gave me the solution:

"I will give you probably the best advice you can get: stop using tonymac tools. Especially if you don't know how they work.

Anyway, this is Clover's official page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Try to download and reinstall it onto your SSD/HDD.. Make sure you're installing it in UEFI mode (first two checkboxes in the Clover installer need to be checked), also select drivers64 UEFI. All the ones already checked are mandatory. You will also probably need ApfsDriverLoader and probably others too."

It worked!!!

Now I've actually never heard anything else than tonymac even though I'm into Hackintoshing since 2012. I just realized that probably a Vanilla install is the way to go. So my question, even though Bella now works, do you think I should do a Vanilla installation ?