fantomas

[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,735 posts in this topic

Advertisement
1 minute ago, anmool said:

how to get clean Catalina 10.15 GM 

when I press software update icon then Showed as Beta 11 for me

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 12.16.57 AM.jpg

remove the beta profile in your pic click details to remove click restore defaults

21 minutes ago, errorexists said:

remove the beta profile in your pic click details to remove click restore defaults

when I removed beta profile nothing get any update

I think that this is still beta 

6 hours ago, anmool said:

how to get clean Catalina 10.15 GM 

when I press software update icon then Showed as Beta 11 for me

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 12.16.57 AM.jpg

That is the GM. It's just not called "GM" in the Software Updater, but it's gonna be the same build number (19A582a).

For Dev builds (like yours), it's gonna say "Beta 11", for Public builds it's gonna say "Beta 10". But it's the exact same thing.

Hi All

Beta 11 (golden master version) represents the final version of the update that will be provided to the public at release soon. Right?

I do not remember if disconnecting from the developer program is enough when the public version is available or if it is better to install it. 

Sorry my meds I take are causing me memory problems.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi All

Beta 11 (golden master version) represents the final version of the update that will be provided to the public at release soon. Right?

I do not remember if disconnecting from the developer program is enough when the public version is available or if it is better to install it. 

Sorry my meds I take are causing me memory problems.

If you're referring to moving from Beta to Live build, yes, it should be enough to do this:

1930928168_Screenshot2019-10-04at17_19_58.thumb.png.7f3a788bfde4d3d7f39125825ce349f0.png

And yes, the live version (which I'm guessing would be very similar, if not the same with the GM) is rumoured to be launched tonight. :) 

As for clean installation, I would download the full installer when it's up, just in case I need to make a clean installation. Whether or not is better...I don't know. Cleaner is usually better. But I'm not sure if it's going to make a difference in this particular case. There are still bugs that Apple hasn't fixed in the GM. So...I doubt they will be fixed by the time the live version is released.

But that's just my opinion.

12 minutes ago, arsradu said:

If you're referring to moving from Beta to Live build, yes, it should be enough to do this:

1930928168_Screenshot2019-10-04at17_19_58.thumb.png.7f3a788bfde4d3d7f39125825ce349f0.png

And yes, the live version (which I'm guessing would be very similar, if not the same with the GM) is rumoured to be launched tonight. :) 

As for clean installation, I would download the full installer when it's up, just in case I need to make a clean installation. Whether or not is better...I don't know. Cleaner is usually better. But I'm not sure if it's going to make a difference in this particular case. There are still bugs that Apple hasn't fixed in the GM. So...I doubt they will be fixed by the time the live version is released.

But that's just my opinion.

I arrived at the same conclusions as you. If the final public version is launched tonight: God bless the rumors :w00t:

5 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Working just fine :D 

Screenshot 2019-10-04 20.06.53.png

Does it mean AMD Vanilla kernel for Catalina GM will be available soon ?

Or you have patched one in your forum ?

ever since i updated my macOS via software update to the latest catalina beta, the background of the login screen doesn't change anymore no matter how i change the wallpaper to. is this normal or a bug? anybody has a fix for this?

LWScreenShot 2019-10-05 at 10.14.45 AM.png

Edited by hohoho

3 hours ago, hohoho said:

ever since i updated my macOS via software update to the latest catalina beta, the background of the login screen doesn't change anymore no matter how i change the wallpaper to. is this normal or a bug? anybody has a fix for this?

Yeeep...that's a bug. Reported to Apple since two releases ago... Not fixed yet.

Good morning PPL

Which Clover version do you think is the best (stable) for the Mac'os Catalina ?

(I ask because I have tried twice to upgrade what I have and it has never boot again.)

and.. i use BCM 4352 Wi_Fi Working any news about ΒΤ ?

Edited by Moviemakergr

7 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

Good morning PPL

Which Clover version do you think is the best (stable) for the Mac'os Catalina ?

(I ask because I have tried twice to upgrade what I have and it has never boot again.)

and.. i use BCM 4352 Wi_Fi Working any news about ΒΤ ?

Latest Release r5094 works fine on Catalina like r5093 on Clover Github Repo

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

[EDIT] It's a clean Beta 11 / GM install.

Is someone too slow to boot with FileVault enabled? At beta 9 it was normal.

It takes 2 ½ minutes just to bring up the login screen.

I am using the same UEFI drivers since Mojave, of course always updating along with Clover.

If anyone can take a look, I have attached "gen_debug" before and after disabling FileVault.

I noticed that if I boot in verbose, the login screen takes the same time, but at left o screen a lot of lines pop up:

ERROR: LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol-> SmcReadValue failed for key '...

Important: In attachments the Kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/ but the behavior in /Library/Extensions is the same.

My laptop is from this guide that I wrote: 

gen_debug.zip

Edited by ludufre

21 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Does it mean AMD Vanilla kernel for Catalina GM will be available soon ?

Or you have patched one in your forum ?

When Catalina is released. It will be only for OpenCore though as we use mask patching to survive updates.

7 hours ago, ludufre said:

[EDIT] It's a clean Beta 11 / GM install.

Is someone too slow to boot with FileVault enabled? At beta 9 it was normal.

It takes 2 ½ minutes just to bring up the login screen.

I am using the same UEFI drivers since Mojave, of course always updating along with Clover.

If anyone can take a look, I have attached "gen_debug" before and after disabling FileVault.

I noticed that if I boot in verbose, the login screen takes the same time, but at left o screen a lot of lines pop up:

ERROR: LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol-> SmcReadValue failed for key '...

Important: In attachments the Kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/ but the behavior in /Library/Extensions is the same.

My laptop is from this guide that I wrote: 

gen_debug.zip

I did a clean install of Mojave 10.14.6 and FileVault starts almost instantly after Clover.

Updated to Catalyst Beta 11 / GM and now almost three minutes to request the FileVault password after Clover.

Definitely Beta 11 / GM broke FileVault. With Beta 9 it worked perfectly.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, hohoho said:

Not sure if it's the fix you're looking for, but you can replace /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.heic with your image (or a symlink to it).

5 hours ago, Shaneee said:

When Catalina is released. It will be only for OpenCore though as we use mask patching to survive updates.

Can you explain more about this mask patching?? Or any article about it for AMD

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.5

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management in the Energy Saver settings for notebooks, a new option to disable automatic prominence in Group FaceTime calls, and controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac. 

Battery Health Management
      Battery health management to help maximize battery lifespan for Mac notebooks Energy Saver preference pane now displays battery condition and recommends if the battery needs to be serviced Option to disable battery health management For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211094

FaceTime Prominence Preference 
      New option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls, so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks  
      Calibration Fine-Tuning for Pro Display XDR
      Controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR by adjusting the white point and luminance for a precise match to your own display-calibration target  
      This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements:
      Fixes an issue that may prevent Reminders from sending notifications for recurring reminders Addresses an issue that may prevent password entry on the login screen Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update Resolves an issue where the built-in camera may not be detected when trying to use it after using a video conferencing app Addresses an issue for Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip where internal speakers may not appear as a sound output device in Sound preferences Fixes a stability issue with uploading and downloading media files from iCloud Photo Library while your Mac is asleep Resolves a stability issue when transferring large amounts of data to RAID volumes Fixes an issue where the Reduced Motion Accessibility preference did not reduce the speed of animations in a Group FaceTime call  
      Enterprise content:
      Improves performance on certain Mac models when enabling hardware acceleration in GPU-intensive apps such as those used for video conferencing Addresses an issue where Microsoft Exchange accounts were unable to sign in during account setup when using Conditional Access Apple Push Notification Service traffic now uses a web proxy when specified in a PAC file via the Proxies payload Resolves an issue that prevented some displays connected to MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) from waking from sleep when the Mac wakes Major new releases of macOS are no longer hidden when using the softwareupdate(8) command with the  --ignore flag This change also affects macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra after installing Security Update 2020-003.

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F96)

Update
      Combo

View full article

• By tonyx86
      Due to the many problems with this forum (not searchable, Google no longer indexing it, slow load times...) I have started maintaining this thread in another forum.  Please Google "Catalina HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini" to find my other thread where my name there is deeveedee.  Thank you.

This guide is a work in progress and will be updated as I refine the installation.

Background
      This is my first "modern" hack supporting UEFI and my first hack using Clover "on-the-fly" patches.  My previous hacks (Laptop: Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m, Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 / Nvidia G3100m, Desktop: Gigabyte G31 / GeForce 9600, Desktop: Biostar TH55HD / Sapphire Pulse RX580) are all perfectly running Catalina and I patched them all "manually" - all DSDT patches applied with MaciSL with virtually no Clover on-the-fly patching and all booted Legacy Clover.  This UEFI hack was MUCH easier and took about 20 hours vs. a combined hundreds of hours for the old hacks.  I wanted a hack that was a little more future proof and I think this is it.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it.  It is a perfect MacMini8,1.

My system specs
      HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM) 3 x DP Ports (connected to monitors using DP -> DVI adapters) 6 x USB 3.1 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 2 x NVMe SSD (M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo ports) 1 x SATA6 SSD 1 x Intel Ethernet RJ-45 Conexant CX20632 Audio Codec SMBIOS MacModel MacMini 8,1 Unsupported M.2 PCIe x1 2230 Intel Wi-Fi (currently disabled in BIOS).  I may replace this with Brcm, but am using only Ethernet (IntelMausi) for now.  
      Installation Steps: To be provided
      See attached EFI and /L/E kexts in EliteDesk.zip archive See installation methodology here See references here  
      What is not working
      Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (intentional since I have not yet replaced my Intel card).  
      What is not tested
      USB c 3.1 port Microphone port  
      What is working
      Everything not mentioned above Sleep / Wake Multiple displays with IGPU graphics acceleration, hot pluggable display ports and DP->DVI adapters USB 3.1 ports Audio (internal speaker and headphone jack) Ethernet Auto-sensing headphone jack automatically switches to internal speaker when headphones removed  
      Known Issues and their solutions
      (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Some USB devices were not recognized. My SSDT-UIAC.aml was incomplete and did not specify all required USB port types (missing SSxx ports). The attached EliteDesk.zip archive includes this fix. (Reported this as a possible Clover issue - no solution yet) Clover boot loader may default to Recovery volume after a normal shutdown.  Work-around is to select your normal macOS volume.  This may only happen when Clover is configured to boot LastBootedVolume and may be "fixable" by explicitly setting a boot volume (haven't tested this). (Watching this - not sure it's a problem) At least one display blanks (sleeps) when plugging / unplugging USB device (observed in front USB 3.1 ports).  Display wakes immediately on keyboard and mouse activity, so this is a minor issue but may be indicative of another issue. (No solution yet - work-around is to use Firefox) Safari has problems loading insanelymac web pages after sleep / wake.  Work-around: use Firefox or reboot.  I have seen reports in forums where Safari issues are experienced after sleep / wake on a real Mac.  Not sure if the problems are related.  I suspect that it might be related to streaming video on InsanelyMac pages (since I haven't observed the issue on "static" pages).
      Also observed video problem in AppStore after sleep/wake.  Console: VideoDecodersUnavailable  (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Display does not fully wake after resuming from sleep (needs an extra mouse or keyboard stimulus to fully wake).  Solution is to change boot arg darkwake=0 to darkwake=2.  Other values of darkwake may work as well, but this is the first I tried and it worked. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) -disablegfxfirmware boot arg is not required with WEG.  I inadvertently left this boot arg after I encountered an endless gfx firmware update boot loop while working on my FB patching.  This boot arg is no longer necessary after completing FB patching with WEG. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive): Sometimes, CMOS time is lost on shutdown or restart.  Solution is to enable Clover's Apple RTC fix in config.plist. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) headphone jack doesn't work.  Solution is to change HDEF layout-id to 28. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) System freezes on wake from sleep because of a kernel panic related to hda-gfx (my system does not have HDMI and my DP->DVI adapters do not drive monitor speakers).  Solution is to add No-hda-gfx property to HDEF as described here.  This property is recognized as a Lilu flag and prevents loading hda-gfx. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Device (PMCR) is not defined.  Solution is a SSDT that "injects" the missing device. (Solved and included in the attached archive) eficheck is loaded (not sure why this is bad, but may be a privacy issue - see here). Solution is to add updated EFICheckDisabler kext that include Q370 chipset.  See here.  
      BIOS Version / Configuration: To be provided
      Version: 02.11.01 Rev.A  
      Clover Configuration: To be provided

UHD 630 Framebuffer Patching: To be provided

Current Versions
      Catalina 10.15.4.02 Clover (UEFI) r5118 Lilu.kext 1.4.4 WhateverGreen.kext 1.3.9 AppleALC.kext 1.4.9 IntelMausiEthernet 2.5.0  
      Credits To be provided

EliteDesk800 G4 Mini - Rev 0.6.zip
    • By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.5
      macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management in the Energy Saver settings for notebooks, a new option to disable automatic prominence in Group FaceTime calls, and controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac. 
      Battery Health Management
      Battery health management to help maximize battery lifespan for Mac notebooks Energy Saver preference pane now displays battery condition and recommends if the battery needs to be serviced Option to disable battery health management For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211094
      FaceTime Prominence Preference 
      New option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls, so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks Calibration Fine-Tuning for Pro Display XDR
      Controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR by adjusting the white point and luminance for a precise match to your own display-calibration target This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements:
      Fixes an issue that may prevent Reminders from sending notifications for recurring reminders Addresses an issue that may prevent password entry on the login screen Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update Resolves an issue where the built-in camera may not be detected when trying to use it after using a video conferencing app Addresses an issue for Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip where internal speakers may not appear as a sound output device in Sound preferences Fixes a stability issue with uploading and downloading media files from iCloud Photo Library while your Mac is asleep Resolves a stability issue when transferring large amounts of data to RAID volumes Fixes an issue where the Reduced Motion Accessibility preference did not reduce the speed of animations in a Group FaceTime call Enterprise content:
      Improves performance on certain Mac models when enabling hardware acceleration in GPU-intensive apps such as those used for video conferencing Addresses an issue where Microsoft Exchange accounts were unable to sign in during account setup when using Conditional Access Apple Push Notification Service traffic now uses a web proxy when specified in a PAC file via the Proxies payload Resolves an issue that prevented some displays connected to MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) from waking from sleep when the Mac wakes Major new releases of macOS are no longer hidden when using the softwareupdate(8) command with the  --ignore flag This change also affects macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra after installing Security Update 2020-003.

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F96)

Update
      Combo