Gigabyte, in their infinite wisdom, decided to remove the option to disable serial ports, and not being able to do so has been causing me some problems. I know that I have to either use a patch in clover, or create a custom SSDT to disable super I/O, but I honestly do not know how to go about doing this. One of the weirder problems I'm experiencing is the inability to connect to Apple Music (error 11556) unless I go into my network settings, and delete my serial connection. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be greatly appreciated; anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.
Hi again... I'm update to Catalina and my old config.plist to patch my laptop with new methods... all work fine. Only I have a little problem with may HDMI connection, when use it my laptop reboots. Please... Can anyone see my problem reporting files and tell me... Thanks in advance.
PD. I've noticed that I also have another problem, my laptop don't go to sleep.
Salve a tutti,
ho provato diverse volte ad installare macOS sul mio laptop ma sempre senza successo, non riesco mai ad arrivare nemmeno all'installer!
Ho tentato ormai diverse configurazioni/driver ma non capisco mai da cosa siano derivanti gli errori o i blocchi che mi trovo davanti e sto quindi cercando aiuto per capire come procedere
Nello specifico il config che sto provando ad utilizzare non mi trova per niente la partizione con l'installer, mentre un altro vecchio (presente sempre nella cartella di clover allegata con estensione .orig) si inchioda subito dopo la scelta della partizione di avvio.
Qualcuno mi sa dare una mano su come superare ciò?
Grazie in anticipo,
P.S. Le mie specifiche sono:
- Modello ASUS N552VW-FI202T
- Schermo 3840x2160
- CPU Intel Core i7-6700HQ
- RAM 16GB ddr4 2400mHz
- Intel HD Graphics 530 + nVidia 960m 4GB (anche funzionasse solo la Intel sarebbe perfetto)
- SSD 256GB
- HDD 1TB
OK, it's been a while since I posted something here. The new Catalina was out last month, the current version is 10.15.1. I decided to install on my HP Envy 13" Kaby Lake. This one should work for all Kaby Lake laptops out there and also with MOJAVE OS too. So read carefully and watch the videos.
1. You can't install Catalina on MBR unless you patch it, but it too complicated for me and I like to try the APFS system now instead of HFS. So, if you create the external USB drive using Boot Disk Utility, it won't install.
2. Replace original WIFI-Bluetooth COMBO with DW1560 or better.
3. Thanks to Lilu and people on Hackintosh world, things are much easier to install than before: Clover boot loader 5070, Lilu 1.3.9, Whatevergreen 1.3.4, AppleAlc 1.4.3, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, Bluetooth Patchram3 (I found BrcmPatchRAM3.kext + BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext), Hackintool is a must, VoodooPS2Controller.kext for trackpad, USBinjectAll , ACPIBatteryManager from rehabman, FakeSMC.kext.
4. Use a 1GB USB flash drive, use Boot Disk Utility to create an EFI folder, then copy it to the EFI folder of the External USB SSD hard drive.
I'll post more in details, but with these, you can boot Catalina without any problems.