find: 83E40F0F
replace: 83E43F0F

#2:
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
find: 83F90F0F
replace: 83F93F0F

Xnip2019-06-04_16-40-42.png

Hi,

I doubt #1 is really fine, are you even patching that bitmask?!

Correct my mistake if any, though.

Edited by PMheart

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Hi,

I doubt #1 is really fine, are you even patching that bitmask?!

Correct my mistake if any, though.

hi, @PMheart

I have confirmed, remove the #1 patch, just add the #2 patch. It works just like your patch.

Edited by daliansky

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, daliansky said:

hi, @PMheart

I have confirmed, remove the #1 patch, just add the #2 patch. It works just like your patch.

Yes, your #2 is identical to mine.

By the way, do we need to patch IOUSBHostFamily as used to?

Edited by PMheart

9 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

How are you fix the audio? tks!!! 

using the latest versions of lilu and it's plugins and using those boot args: -lilubetaall -lilubeta -alcbeta

14 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

using the latest versions of lilu and it's plugins and using those boot args: -lilubetaall -lilubeta -alcbeta

No need if you compiled  the latest Lilu and plugins.. Available Here

In case,  -lilubetaall  does it all

Schermata 2019-06-04 alle 11.40.21.png

2 hours ago, PMheart said:

Great! Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Just want to get everyone's forgiveness. :P

FakeCPUID is totally broken under Clover r4939, and r4940 is fine as confirmed by @Pene

If possible, please remove it and re-upload r4940!

Thanks,

PMheart

I edited my post and uploaded r4940.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PMheart said:

Yes, your #2 is identical to mine.

By the way, do we need to patch IOUSBHostFamily as used to?

The result of the final confirmation is that only two patches are required.

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find: 83FB0F0F
Replace: 83FB3F0F

Find: 83F90F0F
Replace: 83F93F0F

Edited by daliansky

Updated and running well on my Dell E7240.

I'm using those boot args: -lilubetaall -lilubeta -alcbeta and I can't check my battery indicator. I have VirtualSMC with SMCBatteryManager.

Anyone? 

10 minutes ago, daliansky said:

Good to hear, thanks!

11 hours ago, Tony Arnold said:

Has anyone had success with VegaGraphicsFixup? WhateverGreen doesn't work with dual DisplayPort connections like the LG 5K display requires.

Have you tried WEG with the 'agdpmod=pikera' boot argument? That works for my HP Z27q.

51 minutes ago, Stabi said:

Have you tried WEG with the 'agdpmod=pikera' boot argument? That works for my HP Z27q.

Ah, perfect! Thank you for sharing that - it works for my X299 setup!

Successfully installed Catalina 10.15.0 beta_19A471t on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH (Desktop 1 in my signature)...

Spoiler

804488529_Catalina10_15.0beta_19A471tonNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.408ff31b068a9af40ed9cb2149cdaf1a.png

Make sure to update Clover to r4940 and latest Lilu + Plugin kexts.

I cloned the system using Disk Utility and was able to boot the cloned disk on my Gigabyte P55a UD3 (Desktop 2 with unsupported non metal ATI HD 5770 graphics).  Unsupported MacPro5,1 SMBIOS still works with boot flags -no_compat_check and -nehalem_error_disable...

Spoiler

1203888508_Catalina10_15.0beta_19A471tonGA-P55AUD3.thumb.png.2a58bebe150b448619bd86882d10a65c.png

Some Observations on my old Wifi Cards

Unfortunately, the Wireless Networking Utility for my ASUS N10 USB wifi no longer works in 10.15, even though the associated RTL8192.kext loads OK (had worked previously from 10.6 to 10.14).  Anyone with a USB wifi dongle working in 10.15?

I also needed to replace IO80211Family, corecapture and CoreCaptureResponder kexts to get my Atheros 9287/TL-WN881ND Wifi card to work - unlike in Mojave, adding just AirPortAtheros40.kext from 10.13.6 was not enough.

Clover_v2.4k_r4940.pkg.zip

Kexts.zip

3 hours ago, daliansky said:

Hi

If I understand only 2 patches is needed instead of 4, for port limitation. Right?

Sorry for my bad English

Guys who already installed 10.15. Could you please install Blender and check if it is working there? Pretty please?

17 minutes ago, shrisha said:

Guys who already installed 10.15. Could you please install Blender and check if it is working there? Pretty please?

1138257364_Schermafbeelding2019-06-04om15_44_06.thumb.png.5228337487770d7df0a62f6a396712e0.png

It is working :) 

Hello, currently I have not enough time installing macOS Catalina on my mach. But I need your help providing me these 2 files for updating all of my Clover themes to support macOS 10.15 on GUI (Preview Purpose):

/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

I believe since r4941, Clover supports it but there's no current theme having "/icons/os_cata.icns". Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

If I understand only 2 patches is needed instead of 4, for port limitation. Right?

Sorry for my bad English

Yes, the latest 10.15 usb port limit is confirmed to require only these two patches.and my English is also very bad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.15 installation on MBR HFS+ partition.

Please read Readme-10.15.pdf first.

How to finish the Catalina installation.
      1. Use EasyMBR-Installer1015 to make USB Catalina Installer.
      2. Boot to USB Catalina Installer, open Utilities -> Disk Utility, format as MBR HFS+. 
          Install Catalina to blank MBR HFS+ "Target" partition.
      3. Boot to USB Catalina Installer, open Utilities -> Terminal, run the script command:
          copytempdata
      4. Boot to "Target" MBR HFS+ partition on single user mode (-s), run the script command:
          hfsupdatecache
      5. Reboot to "Target" MBR HFS+ partition, setup user name and login, finish the installation.

Also, you need to setup Clover as BooterConfig=0x28, CsrActiveConfig=0x67

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      List of known issues:
      1. iCloud Drive need APFS to work.
      2. Some app-pkg-installers can't install to HFS+, but install to APFS fine.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Pass the MBR check, allow macOS 10.15 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Pass the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. Pass auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.15.
      4. This MBR-Manual-Method will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+ partition.
      5. This MBR-Manual-Method works with both MBR HFS+ and GPT HFS+ partition (GPT+recovery).
      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
      As the following....
      1. createinstallmedia method,
          needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only, always convert to APFS format.
      2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),
          install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR HFS+ and GUID HFS+, will never convert the partition format.
          We can manually format as MBR HFS+ or GPT HFS+ on installation screen like as 10.12.
          We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 on installation screen now.
          Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 future versions, I think so.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.
      3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),
          End of MBR and HFS+, there is no more MBR HFS+ patch available for 10.15 native OSInstaller.

How to make 10.15 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?
      Just use EasyMBR-Installer1015 to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q4. How to patch to work with CPU SSE4.1 only for Mojave, Catalina?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.

Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      A6. Some people download installer app from App Store, and get only 18 MB size, not the complete installer app (5.68 GB). You should boot to 10.12, or 10.13 to download it again from App Store, or use script Q6-DownloadFullApp/installScript_fullapp to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com.

• By PippoX0
      Working in Progress

I want  that my Catalina  runs smooth

I run Catalina beta on MBr HFS+ (only one partition)

So what we can do ?

0. I have gained my Intel HD3000 QE/CI working
         - i have used Intel HD3000 High Sierra Kexts
          Done

1. Reduce size
        -  I have used monolingual and I have deleted all unwanted languages
        - i have deleted unwanted Speech voices
        - i have delete unwanted Fonts ( Japanese , Chinese, Emoji ...) 
        - i have delete unwanted Templates ( again speech voices)
        My Cat OS have been shrinked  from 16 Gb to 9,96 Gb
        Done

2. Disable all unwanted Deamons and Agents
        -  I'm looking for disable all Debug deamons or Agents running which are slowing my Os
         Still seeking ....

What's else ?

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip

• By ThatsMatt
      Salve, sono nuovo nel forum e mi serviva una mano nell'installazione dell' ultima versione di MacOs sul mio notebook HP Pavilion 15-ak112nl.
      Specifiche Tecniche: 
      CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.60 / 3.50 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3). 
      Scheda Grafica: Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4 GB DDR3.
      Hard Disk: 1 TB SATA 5400 rpm.
      Ram: 8 GB DDR3L-1600.
      Audio: altoparlanti stereo Bang & Olufsen PLAY. 
      Rete: LAN 10/100, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, bluetooth 4.0 (Miracast).
      Grazie in Anticipo a chi mi risponderà
    • By fantomas1
      Première bêta... macOS Catalina 10.15 beta (19A471t)

anciennes carte graphiques Nvidia + Intel HD 3000