fantomas

[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,735 posts in this topic

[mention=1303722]arsradu[/mention]
Im only using iGPU.
I think it must have something to with clover's theme changes on newer revs.

You see, i have my own custom theme which i have been using since sierra. I only update clover if needed, but i always retain my custom theme.
Problem only started when i installed catalina (dual boot) and updated clover.

Currently, i changed my theme on one of the available themes from the package and have yet to encounter the issue i was having.
So i guess my custom theme was the culprit.
And since this is now an off-topic, il stop here and probably fix my own theme.

Arsradu, as always, thanks again

You’re most welcome. :)

I was about to ask you which theme are using, since this could be indeed a theme issue. I also have a pretty old theme I’m still using (called Minimalism). Simple black and white theme. Perfectly matches MacOS’s boot screen.

Alright Ella. I’m glad you managed to figure out the cause of this issue. If anything else comes up, we’re all here to try and help. See you around. :)

Advertisement

Hi

Update to Beta 3--> succeed on i7 9700K.

I don't have Airplay under Catalina: UDH630

• patch used: GFX0 to IGPU Find: 47465830 Replace: 49475055
  • Inject-Intel selected
  • ig-platform-id: 0x3E920003 (I'm not sure of that)

Any idea, please

Capture d’écran 2019-07-03 à 09.03.57.png

Edited by Matgen84

7 minutes ago, Lundli said:

Sidecar still won't work but now I'm at least getting a sensible error message.. "Sidecar requires a newer version of iPadOS." :|

Do you running IPadOS 13? Using Sidecar requires a compatible Mac running macOS Catalina and a compatible iPad running iOS 13. 

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you running IPadOS 13? Using Sidecar requires a compatible Mac running macOS Catalina and a compatible iPad running iOS 13. 

12.3.1, I guess I'll have to install the iOS beta on the pad if I want to use sidecar

9 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Should work with these boot flags. Do you have IGPU enabled? If so, disable it and try again.

Tested several times before, retested now to confirm. The only way to get the HTML5 player working in Netflix with Safari in Mojave (for my hardware combination) is using the iMacPro SMBIOS with the iGPU disabled. When I use the shake-id parameter with the iMac 17,1 SMBIOS HTML5 is disabled in Netflix for Catalina and Mojave. In Catalina with the iMacPro SMBIOS and the iGPU disabled, just loading the Netflix front page is enough to freeze the computer! 

I'm starting to suspect that its a hardware problem related to the dGPU, since it seems like the people having this problem is using Nitro+ cards.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Update to Beta 3--> succeed on i7 9700K.

I don't have Airplay under Catalina: UDH630

• patch used: GFX0 to IGPU Find: 47465830 Replace: 49475055
  • Inject-Intel selected
  • ig-platform-id: 0x3E920003 (I'm not sure of that)

Any idea, please

Capture d’écran 2019-07-03 à 09.03.57.png

Hi Matt!

So you're physically connected to the iGPU, right? And trying to use Ariplay but not getting it displayed under Displays in System Preferences. Did I get this right?

For as far as I can see,...that ig-platform-id that you mentioned above is for headless connections (0 connectors reported to MacOS). I'm not sure that's ok for this case.

Also, 0x3E920003 is for 8th gen Intel CPUs, if I'm not mistaken. Yours is a 9th gen.

Try some Ice Lake HP platform IDs from here:

Edited by arsradu

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi Matt!

So you're physically connected to the iGPU, right? And trying to use Ariplay but not getting it displayed under Displays in System Preferences. Did I get this right?

For as far as I can see,...that ig-platform-id that you mentioned above is for headless connections (0 connectors reported to MacOS). I'm not sure that's ok for this case.

Also, 0x3E920003 is for 8th gen Intel CPUs, if I'm not mistaken. Yours is a 9th gen.

Try some Ice Lake HP platform IDs from here:

Thanks :) I don't connect physically to the iGPU. AirPlay works fine under Mojave (config i7 3770K)

You're right: 0x3E920003 is for 8th gen Intel CPUs. I try (after update Xcode) some Ice Lake platform IDS.

Thanks  I don't connect physically to the iGPU. AirPlay works fine under Mojave (config i7 3770K)  

You're right: 0x3E920003 is for 8th gen Intel CPUs. I try (after update Xcode) some Ice Lake platform IDS.

Yeah, I was a bit confused as to why did you mention all those details related to the igpu if you're not physically connected to it... I haven't used Airplay with any of my computers before. Is it linked in some way with the iGPU...? Is it dependent on the iGPU? Cause otherwise, maybe the issue is somewhere else..? I don't know. Anyway, I guess you could try some of those platform IDs anyway. Just in case. default_smile.png  

1 hour ago, dvil said:

Tested several times before, retested now to confirm. The only way to get the HTML5 player working in Netflix with Safari in Mojave (for my hardware combination) is using the iMacPro SMBIOS with the iGPU disabled. When I use the shake-id parameter with the iMac 17,1 SMBIOS HTML5 is disabled in Netflix for Catalina and Mojave. In Catalina with the iMacPro SMBIOS and the iGPU disabled, just loading the Netflix front page is enough to freeze the computer! 

I'm starting to suspect that its a hardware problem related to the dGPU, since it seems like the people having this problem is using Nitro+ cards.

Thanks.

For your iMac17,1 IGPU enabled I'd try agdpmod=pikera shikigva=60 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Edited by hardcorehenry

10 hours ago, Neo.aka.Darkman said:

On new beta during boot problem with EndpointSecurity on laptop.

14AE9738-C826-4A8E-998F-5BE13372401A.thumb.png.0678d7546bf7fd46508bd7ba58d8c12b.png

same here :/

13 hours ago, Neo.aka.Darkman said:

On new beta during boot problem with EndpointSecurity on laptop.

14AE9738-C826-4A8E-998F-5BE13372401A.thumb.png.0678d7546bf7fd46508bd7ba58d8c12b.png

I had to reinstall all just to realize that was a problem of virtualsmc. With fakesmc boots without problem

15 minutes ago, innerd said:

I had to reinstall all just to realize that was a problem of virtualsmc. With fakesmc boots without problem

Maybe try compiling the latest commit of VirtualSMC kext and driver and test. I have no issues using them.

macOS 10.15 beta 3 Release Notes:

macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 3 Release Notes
Update your apps to use new features, and test your apps against API changes.
Overview
The macOS 10.15 SDK provides support for developing apps for Macs running macOS Catalina 10.15. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 11 beta available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 11, see Xcode 11 Beta 3 Release Notes.
General
New Features
Installing third party kernel extensions now requires that you restart your Mac before they’re permitted to load. (50340461)
Known Issues
If you use Recovery Assistant to erase a Mac that has Activation Lock enabled, you won't be able to unlock it when reinstalling macOS. (52017040)
Workaround: Remove the Mac from the associated Apple ID account using the Find My app on another device or from iCloud.com, then restart your Mac and reinstall macOS.
If you used Migration Assistant to migrate your data to a Mac running macOS Catalina beta, you might see only third-party applications when clicking the Applications shortcut in the Finder sidebar. (51651200)
Workaround: In Finder > Preferences > Sidebar, select the Applications favorite, then remove the Applications shortcut from the sidebar that displays incorrect results.
Warning
Your Secure Token might be lost if FileVault is enabled on a non-APFS formatted volume while upgrading to macOS 10.15. You might be able to work around this by disabling FileVault before upgrading to macOS 10.15, then reenabling FileVault once the upgrade has completed. (51091312)
During installation of macOS 10.15 you might be prompted to enter your administrator password multiple times to allow installation to proceed. (51206649)
Resolved Issues
Apps consistently relaunch after installation or applying an update. (51228752)
Deprecations
macOS frameworks are now thinned for the x86-64 architecture. Apps that execute i386 code now fail with the EBADARCH error code. The remaining stub frameworks are nonfunctional and exist only for compatibility purposes. (51236070)
Accessibility
Known Issues
VoiceOver feedback sounds are currently unavailable while in macOS Recovery. (48218068)
App Store
Known Issues
You might receive an error when downloading or updating apps. (49755328)
Workaround: Sign out of your account using the Store menu, then sign back in and retry your download.
Some apps, such as Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, and iMovie can’t be found using Search. (51245576)
Workaround: If you previously purchased the apps, you can download them again from Account > Purchased.
Apple CryptoKit
Resolved Issues
Users are prompted to authenticate when using the SecureEnclave API with access control set on keys. (51279188)
Apple TV
Known Issues
Support for signing in with an account from a different country is currently unavailable. (51240948)
AppleEvents
New Features
To enhance security, AppleEvents and AppleScripts that target an app on a remote system must authenticate as the same user on the remote system. An AppleEvent that targets an app running as a different user receives a procNotFound error.
To allow remote AppleEvents to target apps in any user session, run the following command in Terminal on the server:
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AEServer RestrictAccessToUserSession -bool false
Then disable and reenable Remote Apple Events in System Preferences > Sharing. (5353592)
Audio
New Features
You can now enable voice processing mode on AVAudioEngine. (50906329)
You can use new AVAudioNode types to wrap a user-defined block for sending or receiving data in real-time.
A new method is available for an AVAudioEngine based app to retrieve a list of all nodes attached to an AVAudioEngine instance.
A new rendering mode in AVAudioEnvironmentNode selects the best spatial audio rendering algorithm automatically based on the output device.
A new AVAudioSession property allows system sounds and haptics to play while the session is actively using audio input.
A new property, AVAudioSession.PromptStyle informs apps which style of voice prompt they should play based on other audio activity in the system.
The AVAudioSession.RouteSharingPolicy enumeration is extended to allow apps to specify route sharing policies so their audio and video is routed to the same location as AirPlay.
Audio Unit Extensions now support user presets that are available across all host apps.
Deprecations
The OpenAL framework is deprecated and remains present for compatibility purposes. Transition to AVAudioEngine for spatial audio functionality.
AUGraph is deprecated in favor of AVAudioEngine.
Inter-App audio is deprecated. Use Audio Units for this functionality.
Carbon component-based Audio Units are deprecated and support will be removed in a future release.
Legacy Core Audio HAL audio hardware plug-ins are no longer supported. Use Audio Server plug-ins for audio drivers.
AVFoundation
New Features
AVFoundation now supports encoding video with alpha channels using HEVC. Videos encoded in this manner are broadly supported in AVFoundation APIs and by Safari within web pages. Technical details of the format can be found in the Interoperability Profile specification. (8045917)
Deprecations
The previously deprecated 32-bit QuickTime framework is no longer available in macOS 10.15.
The symbols for QTKit, which relied on the QuickTime framework, are still present but the classes are non-functional.
Books
Known Issues
After migrating, audio books might not appear until you restart your Mac. (50823065)
You might be unable to import books into your library until you restart your Mac. (50962112)
After upgrading to macOS Catalina beta, locally downloaded cloud items might move back to iCloud. (51306790)
Resolved Issues
If the ‘Restrict books with explicit content’ setting is enabled, your purchased books are no longer unexpectedly hidden. (51602141)
Books stored in iCloud Drive appear without delay in your Library. (51435740, 50776390)
Camera
Known Issues
Apps using Picture Taker must specify the NSCameraUsageDescription key to access the FaceTime camera. (47916725)
Console
Resolved Issues
Applying a filter to console messages consistently succeeds. (51524242)
Core Image
New Features
The init(imageURL:options:) and init(imageData:options:) initializers no longer support RAW decoder versions earlier than 6. Version 6 and later remain supported. (50911303)
Added new APIs for instantiating and modifying the built-in Core Image filters.
The CICoreMLModel filter is enhanced to support models with an input or output of type MLFeatureType.multiArray.
Metal CIKernel instances now support arguments with arbitrarily structured data.
Metal CIKernel instances now support returning a group of two by two pixels.
The integer values of CIFormat symbols, such as ARGB8, have changed to a new set of values which are consistent across platforms. The former values remain supported for backward compatibility; however, you should avoid dependancies on specific numerical values.
Core Media
Known Issues
You might see unexpected results when creating 10-bit HEVC video content. (50322535)
Device Management
Resolved Issues
Sending a Volume Purchase Program download request to a client from a Mobile Device Management server might cause an authorization dialog to appear on the client. (49376544)
DriverKit
Resolved Issues
The Filter Packet network extension type and NWEthernetChannel API now work with network interface drivers implemented using DriverKit. (48709552)
EndpointSecurity
Known Issues
If an EndpointSecurity extension containing the NSEndpointSecurityEarlyBoot key is installed and then uninstalled, your Mac might not start. (52010655)
Workaround: Start up your Mac in single-user mode and delete the file /Library/SystemExtensions/EndpointSecurity/.early_boot.plist. You might also need to disable System Integrity Protection.
Resolved Issues
The exec and open events are cached and invalidated correctly when the file is manipulated. (45497117)
The cache flag for es_respond_auth_result(_:_:_:_:) and es_respond_flags_result(_:_:_:_:) is no longer ignored. (49071387)
EndpointSecurity system extensions have access to early boot events. (49487645)
The original_ppid field of es_process_t is set properly. (50746916)
Deprecations
The kauth API will be removed in a future release. (50419013)
FileVault
Resolved Issues
Password reset for FileVault volumes from macOS Recovery functions as expected. (50455695)
Final Cut Pro
Known Issues
You might be unable to access content from your Photos library. (51600540)
Finder
Resolved Issues
Finder no longer quits unexpectedly when you try to restore using the Time Machine interface. (49398715)
Files can be copied from and deleted on an iOS device using the Files tab in Finder. (48649759)
You can now download folders from iCloud properly. (50855741)
When iCloud Desktop is enabled, attempting to drag a volume mounted on the desktop no longer results in the volume being copied to the Desktop. (51187890)
iCloud
Known Issues
Under certain conditions, your iCloud Drive might be missing data after upgrading to macOS Catalina beta.
Workaround: Recover deleted files on iCloud.com. (51787170, 51950018)
Certain documents might not download in iCloud Drive. (52295165)
The Cloud Files section in About This Mac > Storage > Manage might inaccurately represent the current state of files on your Mac. (50362095)
Even when Optimize Storage is switched off, iCloud Drive might fail to automatically download all files. (50667204)
Workaround: Download files individually.
When creating a new Pages, Numbers, or Keynote document in a shared folder, you might see the message “Couldn’t connect to iCloud”. (50827963)
Workaround: Close and reopen the document.
Resolved Issues
There are no longer multiple empty Application libraries within iCloud Drive. You can safely remove any empty folders. (51635803)
The content of folders inside an iCloud Shared Folder is available to other users viewing your shared folder. (51591135)
Turning off the Siri switch in iCloud settings correctly stops Significant Locations from syncing. (50908297)
Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents in shared folders correctly show an error message when you try to access them from iCloud.com. (50738067)
iPad Apps on Mac
Known Issues
MPMediaPickerController might not display the contents of your library. (51785735)
macOS and iPad Apps on Mac are currently view-only clients of PencilKit. (51146823)
In order to show a share sheet from a toolbar item using the UIActivityViewController, create the NSToolbarItem using the init(itemIdentifier:) initializer and pass it a UIBarButtonItem configured as a UIBarButtonItem.SystemItem.action. There is no need to set the barButtonItem property. (47292316)
The UIScreen class’s isCaptured API isn’t currently supported. (48360589)
The current property on UIDevice and the OS Product Name is currently returned as iOS rather than macOS, which can affect diagnostic logs generated by your system. (49792004)
Event handling in extension contexts may produce unexpected results, including failure to deliver trackpad pinch and zoom gestures. (50145462)
When sending Mail attachments via MessageUI, each attachment might appear as two icons when viewed by the recipient. (50369995)
Controls drawn with accent color incorrectly maintain their active color when the window is inactive. There is no need to work around this in your app. (50563638)
The UIKit module currently doesn’t import the newly added NSToolbar and NSTouchBar headers, NSToolbar+UIKitAdditions.h and NSTouchBar+UIKitAdditions.h. You can import these headers directly in Objective-C, or you can create a bridging header to import them for Swift. Be sure to import Foundation before importing these headers. (50704322)
When your iPad App on Mac is launched directly into the background, it experiences all the state transitions of a regular app launch — such as application(_:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:) and applicationDidBecomeActive(_:) — followed by state transitions to return to background state from there — applicationWillResignActive(_:) and applicationDidEnterBackground(_:). This will soon be updated to match iOS, where your app will receive only applicationDidFinishLaunching(_:), and only if it wasn’t already running. (50742219)
For iPad Apps on Mac to save to Photos Library, explicitly linking the Photos framework is required. (50781430)
Opening a CloudKit share URL might not launch an iPad App on Mac that’s present on the system. Additionally, the system might not take the user to the appropriate App Store page to download an app which isn’t present on the system. (50877241)
Action and share extensions might exhibit visual anomalies. (51005363)
All assets at 3x scale factor are currently ignored when compiling the asset catalog for iPad Apps on Mac. Because the search begins with the universal asset, assets for a specific memory or graphics class won’t be found. For example, if you provide an image and only give a 6GB and Metal 5v1 asset, it won’t be found at runtime. It’s recommended that you provide all images as vectors to allow generation of the correct scale factors, or at minimum provide 2x versions of the assets. If you’re classifying resources based on memory and graphics families then you should provide "Any Memory" and "Any Graphics”. (51033745)
CallKit CXAction instances might return an error. (51074735)
If your iPad App on Mac is launched directly into the background, a second background launch request launches the app into the foreground, making it visible to the user. If your app uses any of the supported APIs which might result in a background launch, this might cause your app to launch in the foreground without user input. (51287556)
In macOS 10.15 beta, the UIGraphicsRenderer class’s default() function returns the nonextended color range renderer format by default. To use-extended color range format for rendering, create an instance using preferred() and pass it to init(bounds:format:). (51303954)
When creating a Mac version of your iPad app, Xcode automatically generates a unique Mac bundle identifier. If you have an existing Mac bundle identifier you’d prefer to use, you can do so by using manual signing in Xcode. (51076014)
Follow these steps to configure your project, AppID, and provisioning profile:
Sign in to Apple Developer, then select Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles.
In the Identifiers section, select your iOS app identifier to edit.
Check the UIKit for Mac capability to enable it, then click the Configure button.
Choose Use an existing macOS AppID and select the identifier you'd like to use from the popup menu. Click the Save button to finish editing your AppID.
In the Profiles section, click the + button to create a new profile, select ‘macOS App Development’, and click Continue.
Select your iOS AppID from the popup, click Continue, and complete the rest of the profile creation flow. When finished, click the Download button.
In Xcode, select your project to view the Project Editor and select your app’s target. Then select the Build Settings tab.
Set the Derive UIKit for Mac Product Bundle Identifier setting to No.
Expand the Product Bundle Identifier build setting to view its configurations. Next to the Debug configuration, click the + button to add a conditional value.
For the build setting condition, select Any macOS from the popup menu. Edit the value of the conditional build setting to match the macOS bundle identifier you want to use. Repeat this step for all configurations in your project.
In the Signing & Capabilities tab, uncheck Automatically manage signing.
For your macOS app, select Import Profile from the Provisioning Profile popup and then select the profile you downloaded earlier.
Resolved Issues
You can now import AppKit and UIKit modules in the same compilation unit. (48094910)
The completion handler is no longer invoked with an error when donating interactions using the INInteraction class on macOS. (48371526)
The productsRequest(_:didReceive:) method from StoreKit currently returns with didFailWithError and products aren’t loaded. (51028870)
MTKView objects might render correctly. (51084042)
iWork
Known Issues
Attempting to open iWork documents in Finder will unexpectedly create a .cpgz file if the corresponding iWork app isn’t installed. (40693892)
Workaround: Install the corresponding app from the App Store before opening the document.
Localization
Known Issues
Certain languages might exhibit clipped or misaligned layout. (51068688,50983852)
Certain languages might display unlocalized text. (47765173,51196633)
Mail
Known Issues
If your Mac contains both macOS Mojave 10.14 and macOS 10.15 volumes, you might experience issues searching in Mail. (46611310)
Workaround: While running macOS Mojave 10.14, open Terminal and execute the following command:
sudo touch /.metadata_never_index_unless_rootfs
Reboot into macOS 10.15, open Terminal and execute the following command:
sudo touch /System/Volumes/Data/.metadata_never_index_unless_rootfs
Reboot into macOS Mojave 10.14, open Terminal and execute the following command:
sudo mdutil -E /
Depending on the size of your Mail database, it might take many hours to reindex all content.
Music
Known Issues
Navigating using the back button might produce unexpected results. (51248128)
Music might take a long time to launch for some users. (51207753)
You might be unable to scroll content on shelves. (51248128)
Artwork changes might not immediately appear; playlists will be added in an upcoming beta. (51201715)
Music might not remember the previously selected tab when it’s relaunched. (50922604)
Resolved Issues
You can log into the store regardless of whether you're logging in from the country in which you’re currently located. (51105585)
Networking
New Features
All NSURLSessionTasks with a GET HTTP method which contain a body will now produce the error NSURLErrorDataLengthExceedsMaximum. (46025234)
Known Issues
An active Network Extension content filter configuration might interrupt the boot process indefinitely following a kernel panic. (50965627)
Workaround: Boot into macOS Recovery, launch Terminal, and execute the following command:
rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkextension.necp.plist
The NWEthernetChannel API doesn’t currently support VLAN interfaces. NEPacketTunnelProvider will see both tagged and untagged frames arriving on physical interfaces. Depending on the Ethernet driver, VLAN tags might be processed by hardware and thus stripped off the Ethernet frames thus NEPacketTunnelProvider won’t see the VLAN tag. (51275655)
Deprecations
Support for FTP and File URL schemes for Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) is removed. HTTP and HTTPS are the only supported URL schemes for PAC. This affects all PAC configurations including but not limited to configurations set using Settings, System Preferences, profiles, URLSession APIs such as connectionProxyDictionary, and CFNetworkExecuteProxyAutoConfigurationURL(_:_:_:_:). (28578280)
SPDY support is removed from the URLSession and NSURLConnection APIs. Servers should use HTTP 2 or HTTP 1.1. (43391641)
The Network Kernel Extension API is now deprecated. (49284108)
NetBIOS is disabled in macOS 10.15 to speed up mounting, browsing, and connecting to SMB shares. Some older printers and file servers may require NetBIOS to connect. (51119111)
To enable NetBIOS, you can create or edit the /etc/nsmb.conf file. If your system doesn't already have an /etc/nsmb.conf file, use the following Terminal commands while logged in as an Administrator:
echo "[default]" | sudo tee -a /etc/nsmb.conf
echo "port445=both" | sudo tee -a /etc/nsmb.conf
To disable NetBIOS, you can safely delete the /etc/nsmb.conf file.
Photos
New Features
To improve the Photos upgrade experience, Photos is testing database upgrades using a clone of the Photo Library. This clone doesn’t include the content of each photo, but does include faces metadata and a thumbnail image of each person in your library. It also contains metadata such as the asset name and the geographic location of the photo. It is created at ~/Pictures/macOS 10.15 Pre-Upgrade Backup, and you can manually remove this backup at any time. The clone will be removed automatically before the final release of macOS 10.15. (51033690)
Podcasts
Known Issues
The sidebar might render unexpectedly until quitting and relaunching the app. (51340728)
Deleting podcasts using About This Mac > Storage > Manage doesn’t update what’s shown in the Podcasts app until it’s relaunched. (50354510)
Setting “Automatically Download Episodes” to “Never” might not take effect. (50960777)
Writing a review isn’t currently supported. (46173722)
Manually checking for feed updates when Option-clicking the Podcasts app in the dock isn’t currently available. (50958585)
Workaround: Quit and relaunch the app.
If Podcasts is placed in Full Screen mode, some UI elements might be obscured by the toolbar. (47125303)
Resolved Issues
Browse and Top Charts consistently display content from the expected country. (51681853)
A migration is no longer triggered even if there’s no content to migrate the first time you launch Podcasts. (51145044)
Quartz Composer
Deprecations
Starting in macOS 10.15, the Quartz Composer framework is deprecated and remains present for compatibility purposes. Transition to frameworks such as Core Image, SceneKit, or Metal. (50911608)
Screen Sharing
Resolved Issues
If the Mac you’re screen sharing with is running macOS 10.15 beta, you can now drag and drop onto the screen share. (50791710)
Screen Time
Known Issues
Users can click ‘One more minute’ multiple times per day instead of only once each time they reach a limit for that app. (48773803)
Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content > Web Content > Allowed Websites Only isn’t currently enforced in macOS 10.15 beta. (50462899)
Scripting Language Runtimes
Deprecations
Scripting language runtimes such as Python, Ruby, and Perl are included in macOS for compatibility with legacy software. Future versions of macOS won’t include scripting language runtimes by default, and might require you to install additional packages. If your software depends on scripting languages, it’s recommended that you bundle the runtime within the app. (49764202)
Use of Python 2.7 isn’t recommended as this version is included in macOS for compatibility with legacy software. Future versions of macOS won’t include Python 2.7. Instead, it’s recommended that you run python3 from within Terminal. (51097165)
Spotlight
Known Issues
Drives formatted using exFAT and FAT aren’t searchable using Spotlight. (52271781)
Mail messages might not display previews. (35678035)
SwiftUI
New Features
You can style a NavigationView using two new style properties: stack and doubleColumn. By default, navigation views on iPhone and Apple TV visually reflect a navigation stack, while on iPad and Mac, a split-view styled navigation view displays. (51636729)
When using the doubleColumn style, you can provide two views when creating a navigation view — the first is the master and the second is the detail. For example:
NavigationView {
    MyMasterView()
    MyDetailView()
}
.navigationViewStyle(.doubleColumn)
Known Issues
Return types for View modifier methods include complex generic types. In a future release, these methods will return simpler types. (46140669)
Image instances don’t use resizing information configured in asset catalogs. Configure the size of an image using the resizable(capInsets:resizingMode:) modifier instead. (49114577)
A ScrollView doesn’t always size itself as expected for its content. (49204262)
Workaround: Size the view that’s inside the ScrollView by applying the frame(width:height:alignment:) modifier to the inner view. (49204262)
Resolved Issues
The tabItemLabel(_:) modifier — now named tabItem(_:) — now accepts @ViewBuilder closures. (51502668)
SystemExtensions
Known Issues
Approving system extensions using Mobile Device Management isn’t currently available. (50553712)
Resolved Issues
Upgrading system extension versions is now supported. (48943883)
Voice Memos
Known Issues
Location-based naming isn’t yet available in macOS 10.15 beta. (48048663, 50743045)
Resolved Issues
Voice Memos synced from iCloud might not finish downloading. (49512619)
The File menu might be unexpectedly empty. (51475831)
Xcode
Resolved Issues
Swift interfaces for several new URLSession APIs are now available. (50517967)
Deprecations
Command line tool support for Subversion — including svn, git-svn, and related commands — is no longer provided by Xcode. If you need Subversion or related command line tools, install the Command Line Tools package by running xcode-select --install. (50266910)

The main one I think that will effect developers is:

Xcode
Deprecations
Command line tool support for Subversion — including svn, git-svn, and related commands — is no longer provided by Xcode. If you need Subversion or related command line tools, install the Command Line Tools package by running xcode-select --install. (50266910)

1 hour ago, innerd said:

FakeSMC worked for me too.  And I too, unfortunately, deleted my previous Catalina installation and will be spending the better part of the day today setting my new installation up to my desired settings.

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

Maybe try compiling the latest commit of VirtualSMC kext and driver and test. I have no issues using them.

Did it, same problem.

Anyone having an issue where the AMD 560 doesn't display on mac pro 5,1/Nvidia 4000 drivers and unit is read, but no display? Thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, innerd said:

Problem with SMCBatteryManager.kext. 

VirtualSMC works if delete this kext.

3 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Just tried, I can confirm this.

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

I guess that explains why it seemed to only impact laptops.  RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager.kext is still working.  I'm using it with FakeSMC for now.  I suspect it would also work with VirtualSMC so long as the SMCBatteryManager.kext is not installed.

Edited by mnfesq

10 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

For your iMac17,1 IGPU enabled I'd try agdpmod=pikera shikigva=60 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it didn't work: Netflix HTML5 player with safari is not available. I guess I need to wait for the next beta or try a different dGPU.

Regards.

10 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

There is no possible combination that you would get shikigva=60, the closest would be 63