1,159 posts in this topic

I feel I'm just luck bcoz CUDA Driver 8.0 is still running under 10.15 on my GT 520M, though Nvidia have dropped it's CUDA support on Fermi, natively upto OS X 10.11.6 #LOL

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 18.17.15.png

Advertisement
4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Hi and thanks but no luck with AirportBrcmFixup. I-ve rolled back IO802Family.kext from Mojave and works for the moment. Just for info, are you using a fake id?

hello

in dsdt I use this

Captura de ecrã 2019-06-30, às 16.19.18.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

anyone who can use google account on beta3?

i'm getting failed message popup from safari

It's working for me - Both in Safari and in System Preferences-Internet Accounts.  I use 2-step verification with the Google app on my phone.  Maybe it's a security issue for you.

Edited by mnfesq

2 hours ago, lisai9093 said:

2 hours ago, lisai9093 said:

Hi , I see you have BCM94352Z card, mine is the same. What kexts do you use to get Wifi working?

For me AirportBrcmFixup causes KP. Could you send me your  Clover folder please?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

Works fine here...

My guesses would be:

1. IP related issues on Google side.

Possible solution: you could try using a VPN and seeing if the problem still occurs

2. Browser related issues.

Possible solution: you could try clearing cache & cookies (or using private window mode) to see if you can log into your account. You could also try another browser you never used before for Google...? Just in case.

3. Keychain Access issue on Mac side.

Possible solution: you could try removing your email address from keychain access and trying to log back in.

Edited by arsradu

32 minutes ago, valeryimm said:

Hi , I see you have BCM94352Z card, mine is the same. What kexts do you use to get Wifi working?

For me AirportBrcmFixup causes KP. Could you send me your  Clover folder please?

Thanks

First, AirportBrcmFixup has to be injected via Clover. No installation to /L/E or S/L/E works.

Second, AirportBrcmFixup need to be compiled from updated source. Version 2.0.2 works fine.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

Same here.  

93824254_Screenshot2019-06-30at20_06_24.png.c55c542df64b17ae9a41607f57b3077e.png

EDIT: "Fixed". In my case the issue was that Safari was not my default browser. I set Safari as my default browser and now I can log in just fine:

1831778998_Schermafbeelding2019-06-30om20_22_46.png.75315931ac008524fffb154a9a15f513.png

Edited by ricoc90

5 hours ago, nmano said:

I can't install kext or rename hard drive Mac OS 10.15

The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission??

How to enable read and write?

297794629_ScreenShot2019-06-30at10_25_26am.thumb.png.da343a7fa4776fd11a089b9dacd6c1b1.png

Thanks its worked.

Hi @nmano I have change the Buton to English on the app

thanks to report:) link is here

Hi all, I've installed macOS Catalina successfully on my Haswell laptop... after installing it, I can get to the desktop and everything seems to work just fine... QE/CI acceleration, etc.. (intel HD 4600)... but after I reboot once I get to the login prompt I can't login to the Desktop... I type my user password, hit enter it kind of freezes a bit, rainbow circle starts spinning and nothing.. it goes back to the login prompt for some reason... Has this happened to anybody? 

Any help will be appreciated. 

I'm using latest clover + Lilu + Weg... in the same laptop I have Mojave 10.14.5 working just fine...

Thank you!

EFI.zip

Anyone get sidecar option in system preference I don't have  a sidecar icon in system preference

I m using Kabylake and smbois MacBook Pro 14,1 which is supported sidecar but sidecar option missing in preference

can anyone  tell me?

It's working for me - Both in Safari and in System Preferences-Internet Accounts.  I use 2-step verification with the Google app on my phone.  Maybe it's a security issue for you.
thanks for tip

Works fine here...

My guesses would be:
1. IP related issues on Google side.
Possible solution: you could try using a VPN and seeing if the problem still occurs
2. Browser related issues.
Possible solution: you could try clearing cache & cookies (or using private window mode) to see if you can log into your account. You could also try another browser you never used before for Google...? Just in case.
3. Keychain Access issue on Mac side.
Possible solution: you could try removing your email address from keychain access and trying to log back in.
thank you for detail

Same here.  

93824254_Screenshot2019-06-30at20_06_24.png.c55c542df64b17ae9a41607f57b3077e.png

EDIT: "Fixed". In my case the issue was that Safari was not my default browser. I set Safari as my default browser and now I can log in just fine:

1831778998_Schermafbeelding2019-06-30om20_22_46.png.75315931ac008524fffb154a9a15f513.png
resolved!! thank you so much.
my default browser is chrome. i changed default browser from chrome to safari.
i can login now

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

3 hours ago, anmool said:

Anyone get sidecar option in system preference I don't have  a sidecar icon in system preference

I m using Kabylake and smbois MacBook Pro 14,1 which is supported sidecar but sidecar option missing in preference

can anyone  tell me?

The sidecar option only shows up when connected to your ipad for first time. Also iPad need to signed into same iCloud account as your mac.

13 hours ago, lisai9093 said:

The sidecar option only shows up when connected to your ipad for first time. Also iPad need to signed into same iCloud account as your mac.

Thanks for detail and replying

Catalina DP3. MacOS 10.15 (19A501i) updated through software update with no problem.

1353620954_CapturadePantalla2019-07-02ales20_26_44.png.4c3143713ad5f4ddc0d41827c56769b8.png

With the latest beta my computer still freezes when I try to play videos in Netflix or Amazon prime using Safari with the iMacPro 1,1 SMBios and the iGPU disabled :(

Can anyone play videos in Netflix using Safari with iMacPro 1,1, SMBios? my dGPU is a Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Nitro+ 4GB

8 minutes ago, dvil said:

With the latest beta my computer still freezes when I try to play videos in Netflix or Amazon prime using Safari with the iMacPro 1,1 SMBios and the iGPU disabled :(

Can anyone play videos in Netflix using Safari with iMacPro 1,1, SMBios? my dGPU is a Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Nitro+ 4GB

Maybe you should switch to the correct SMBIOS for your CPU and chipset and not choose a SMBIOS based off GPU.

6 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Maybe you should switch to the correct SMBIOS for your CPU and chipset and not choose a SMBIOS based off GPU.

Hi Pavo,

Everything works perfectly in Mojave (including DRM support) with the iMacPro SMBIOS. If I choose the correct SMBIOS for my cpu (iMac 17,1) I loose DRM support with Safari in Mojave and I get in both, Mojave and Catalina, the "unsupported plugin" message in Netflix, even with the shikigva=32 and shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 parameters, so nothing is gained with the correct SMBIOS.

The freezing problem has been reported by other users before, but it seems there are no solution so far. I'll check again changing SMBIOS, but it seems to be a hardware decoding issue (T2?).

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, dvil said:

Hi Pavo,

Everything works perfectly in Mojave (including DRM support) with the iMacPro SMBIOS. If I choose the correct SMBIOS for my cpu (iMac 17,1) I loose DRM support with Safari in Mojave and I get in both, Mojave and Catalina, the "unsupported plugin" message in Netflix, even with the shikigva=32 and shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 parameters, so nothing is gained with the correct SMBIOS.

The freezing problem has been reported by other users before, but it seems there are no solution so far. I'll check again changing SMBIOS, but it seems to be a hardware decoding issue (T2?).

Thanks.

Maybe this will give you a better idea on how to set your shikigva setting correctly:

// Aside generic DRM unlock patches, which are always on, Shiki also provides a set of patches
	// to workaround various issues with hardware video acceleration support.
	// These are set as a shikigva boot-arg bitmask.
	// For example, to enable ForceOnlineRenderer, ExecutableWhitelist, and ReplaceBoardID
	// you sum 1 + 8 + 32 = 41 -> and pass shikigva=41.
	enum ShikiGVAPatches {
		// Remove forceOfflineRenderer from AppleGVA Info.plist.
		// This is required to allow hardware acceleration on several mac models with discrete GPUs
		// when only IGPU is available.
		// See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for more details.
		ForceOnlineRenderer        = 1,
		// Remve hweBGRA from AppleGVA Info.plist.
		// hweBGRA is not supported by NVIDIA GPUs, so the patch is sometimes required when using NVIDIA
		// in a mac model meant to be used with AMD or Intel.
		// See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for more details.
		AllowNonBGRA               = 2,
		// Prior to 10.13.4 certain GPU+CPU combinations were not meant to provide hardware acceleration and had to be patched.
		// The overall problematic configuration list is: NVIDIA+BDW, NVIDIA+SKL, NVIDIA+KBL, AMD+IVB, NVIDIA+SNB.
		// Enabled automatically if shikigva is *NOT* passed on 10.13.3 and earlier. All are fixed in 10.13.4.
		ForceCompatibleRenderer    = 4,
		// Unlike 10.12.6 without security updates and earlier, on 10.13 and latest 10.12.6 AppleGVA patches
		// do not apply to all processes, and each process needs to be patched explicitly. This is a bug
		// in Lilu, which needs to be explored and fixed. For now this bit ensures that the processes present
		// in WHITELIST section of Patches.plist will definitely get the fixes even on 10.13 and 10.12.6.
		// On 10.12.6 and 10.13 this must be used if any of the following bits are used:
		// - ForceOnlineRenderer
		// - AllowNonBGRA
		// - ForceCompatibleRenderer
		// - ReplaceBoardID
		// - FixSandyBridgeClassName
		// It is enabled automatically on 10.12 and 10.13 if shikigva is *NOT* passed and ForceCompatibleRenderer or
		// FixSandyBridgeClassName are automatically enabled.
		AddExecutableWhitelist     = 8,
		DisabledUnused16           = 16,
		// Replace board-id used by AppleGVA and AppleVPA by a different board-id.
		// Sometimes it is feasible to use different GPU acceleration settings from the main mac model.
		// By default Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 (iMac14,2) will be used, but you can override this via shiki-id boot-arg.
		ReplaceBoardID             = 32,
		// Attempt to support fps.1_0 (FairPlay 1.0) in Safari.
		// This should technically fix some very old streaming services in Safari, which rely on FairPlay DRM
		// similar to the one found in iTunes. Newer streaming services require FairPlay 2.0, which is hardware-only,
		// so nothing could be done about them.
		// Another way to enable this is to pass -shikifps boot argument.
		UnlockFP10Streaming        = 64,
		DeprecatedUnused128        = 128

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 1:32 PM, lisai9093 said:

First, AirportBrcmFixup has to be injected via Clover. No installation to /L/E or S/L/E works.

Second, AirportBrcmFixup need to be compiled from updated source. Version 2.0.2 works fine.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

Thank you, will try. Do you use any Clover Airport patch?

I downloaded the latest Debug version of Lilu (which is 1.3.6) from github repository and AirportBrcmFixup source code 

git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

After that I put Lilu.kext inside of AirportBrcmFixup folder and tried to compile the source code with the command: xcodebuild

I have:

** BUILD FAILED **. 

/Users/val/Desktop/AirportBrcmFixup/AirportBrcmFixup/kern_start.cpp:50:17: error: no member named 'Catalina' in 'KernelVersion'

What am I doing wrong?

I am doing this on my Mojave system.

Thanks

On 6/30/2019 at 1:32 PM, lisai9093 said:

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

Edited by valeryimm

43 minutes ago, dvil said:

Hi Pavo,

Thanks.

i have same problem, i literally tried everything, nothing helped. i'm not using weg, just bare GPU, IGPU disabled.