1,735 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't honestly understand what does "//AppleInternal.." mean, but as far as I know it' s just a warning that can be ignored, not error. Also appears on Terminal eg. after rebuilding prelinkedkernel, it seems not related with.. (on your case) after did `sudo mount -uw /` your system root is rewritable (temporarily). Also `killall Finder` if you're dealing with it.

Thanks @crazybirdy for his script, Catalina's System root is writable by default with HFS+, 3rd party Apps also appear on Lanchpad after simple drag n drop them to /Applications just similar to Mojave or prev macOS, and no Data partition as bonus #LoL. Guessing there will be no update notif from Apple but.. no worry for now, the catalog is still alive on Apple server right?

Edited by Badruzeus

Advertisement
On 6/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, valeryimm said:

I cannot do the first boot into the system after installation Catalina b2.

I already removed all the kext from “Other” folder except of FakeSMC.

still Booting stops. I tried to reinstall Catalina without luck.

Please can anyone look at my screen photo and make any suggestion?

I found only that “disk2/s1: Device is not readable” and it is boot device - my hard disk.

I am on HP Envy laptop. Skylake I7-6250U, Intel HD540.

BF5B76ED-BE34-4088-9467-0E512FDE2BCD.jpeg

I looked at your Clover folder and there is nothing that should be causing your HDD to be unreadable. If you switch to VirtualSMC, remove the SMCHelper.efi driver.  But in the screenshot above, I noticed that the stall occurs not when it finds the Catalina partition to be unreadable but when it unmounts it.  It may be that, during final installation, you get an error that causes the partition to be unmounted so that when you reboot, it's still unmounted.  I can't be certain but you might try booting to the recovery partition or possibly your Mojave partition and see if the Catalina partition is mounted.  If it is, when rebooting, select Catalina as the startup disk in system preferences and see if it works.  You could also try booting into single-user mode and manually mounting your Catalina partition "sbin/mount -uw /".  Lastly, I doubt it matters but you might try deleting your custom drive list in Clover's config.plist and setting scan to automatic.  

2 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

If you switch to VirtualSMC, remove the SMCHelper.efi driver.

Also don't forget to copy the VirtualSmc.efi file instead.

10 hours ago, valeryimm said:

Thanks for help. Smbios is the same, generated by CC. Today I will try clean install VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC and Rehabman config.

Can you please check my Clover folder in meantime?

CLOVER.zip

HI , anything new ?

2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I looked at your Clover folder and there is nothing that should be causing your HDD to be unreadable. If you switch to VirtualSMC, remove the SMCHelper.efi driver.  But in the screenshot above, I noticed that the stall occurs not when it finds the Catalina partition to be unreadable but when it unmounts it.  It may be that, during final installation, you get an error that causes the partition to be unmounted so that when you reboot, it's still unmounted.  I can't be certain but you might try booting to the recovery partition or possibly your Mojave partition and see if the Catalina partition is mounted.  If it is, when rebooting, select Catalina as the startup disk in system preferences and see if it works.  You could also try booting into single-user mode and manually mounting your Catalina partition "sbin/mount -uw /".  Lastly, I doubt it matters but you might try deleting your custom drive list in Clover's config.plist and setting scan to automatic.  

Thanks for your advice. Will try soon.

8 minutes ago, artur_pt said:

hello

nothing here

no update available

is a new image again ?

thanks Chris

Yes new image 

1015659717_Capturedcranle2019-06-2619_54_09.thumb.png.705fb375028a67aa54c1ce6bbe029fd8.png

hello

apple engineurs in Cupertino are in trouble .. this is a big mess .. in Catalina .. never see this before .. 3 new image ..

big she..  

go wait to see this mess

good hack

Posted (edited)

Its Developper Update , run the Dev Utility and you up to go

1800874238_Capturedcranle2019-06-2620_27_45.png.2a24ac6f067de088c7d2234b2c05e01d.png

Developer Apple not Public programme

2043239339_Capturedcranle2019-06-2620_30_04.png.b3a0082ac6dd49d0ffed0f0641df377f.png

Edited by chris1111

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Today Apple released the first Public Beta of macOS Catalina 10.15 (19A487m).
MacOS Catalina 10.15 (19A487m) Public Beta was released today on June 24th, 2019 at 12:00 CST. The first Public Beta was released just three short weeks after 10.15 Catalina was first announced at WWDC19. Even though this seems really early, the first public beta of macOS 10.14 Mojave was release just 2 days later on Jun. 26th 2018.

This Build Version (19A487m) looks to be the same as Beta 2 (19A487l).
You will not find this update in software update if you are running Beta 2 (19A487l). If you are running the current version you do not have to worry about updating or reinstalling with (19A487m).

Edited by headkaze

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

1800874238_Capturedcranle2019-06-2620_27_45.png.2a24ac6f067de088c7d2234b2c05e01d.png

Developer Apple not Public programme

2043239339_Capturedcranle2019-06-2620_30_04.png.b3a0082ac6dd49d0ffed0f0641df377f.png

Build 19A487m is the Public beta build, the last Developer Beta 2 build is 19A487l as seen on Download section of Apple Development account, which I have.

apwRCvo.png 

12 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

Just renamed to match with the first public beta that Apple released early today. The same thing each year.

hello

sorry I can't get it .. 

I don't understand "Just renamed to match with the first public beta"

is just a mess from Cupertino with this new software experts:hysterical:

thanks

8 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Thanks for help. I was able to do first boot in safe mode. Still cannot boot in regular mode.

What do you think may cause problem?

Hi Guys,

Here is an application which @ricoc90 created to download different versions of macOS from High Sierra to Catalina (Final versions and Betas) for the users that have issues with downloading the whole installer.

I just downloaded the first Public Beta using this app :)

@fantomas1

Please add the link to the first post if you thinks it's gonna be useful for others as well.

Mac Downloader.zip

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi Guys,

Here is an application which @ricoc90 created to download different versions of macOS from High Sierra to Catalina (Final versions and Betas) for the users that have issues with downloading the whole installer.

I just downloaded the first Public Beta using this app :)

@fantomas1

Please add the link to the first post if you thinks it's gonna be useful for others as well.

Mac Downloader.zip

Thanks a lot :) @crazybirdy script is also useful to get Regular, DP or Public Beta. 

11 hours ago, headkaze said:

Also don't forget to copy the VirtualSmc.efi file instead.

I don't understand: I'm using VirtualSMC without this drivers because,  In VirtualSMC FAQ: "VirtualSMC.efi module is recommended for boot.efi compatibility when FileVault 2 is enabled." I make a mistake.

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't understand: I'm using VirtualSMC without this drivers because,  In VirtualSMC FAQ: "VirtualSMC.efi module is recommended for boot.efi compatibility when FileVault 2 is enabled." I make a mistake.

Okay it looks like it's not necessary in most cases then.

14 hours ago, valeryimm said:

Thanks for help. I was able to do first boot in safe mode. Still cannot boot in regular mode.

What do you think may cause problem?

Glad to hear you got your laptop to boot.  I'm sure that your graphics settings are the likely culprit at this point.  Your ig_platform_id was bogus.  You need to use the correct one.  For the HD530, you use 0x19120000.  I'm not sure if that works for the HD540.  You also add a Fake Device ID 0x19128086 in Devices.  Lastly, make sure Inject Intel is enabled.

Posted (edited)

My System Preferences Dock icon has a notification badge.  Usually, that means I have an update. But I don't. How can I tell what the badge is referring to?  There are no badges on any of my System Preferences Icons when I open System Preferences. Is this a glitch?  Is it unique to Catalina or does it happen in other versions of macOS as well?  

P.S. - killall Dock doesn't help.

742864094_NoUpdate.thumb.png.e94059c6d5ce6c1db2a48c35cbbf9052.png

EDIT:  This got rid of it:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0
killall Dock
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 1
killall Dock

Edited by mnfesq

2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

My System Preferences Dock icon has a notification badge.  Usually, that means I have an update. But I don't. How can I tell what the badge is referring to?  There are no badges on any of my System Preferences Icons when I open System Preferences. Is this a glitch?  Is it unique to Catalina or does it happen in other versions of macOS as well?  

P.S. - killall Dock doesn't help.

742864094_NoUpdate.thumb.png.e94059c6d5ce6c1db2a48c35cbbf9052.png

EDIT:  This got rid of it:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0
killall Dock
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 1
killall Dock

Thanks.