fantomas

[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,735 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Strange its work here without issue

Does this program makes all hard disks readable, or it modifies Clover bootloader and then Clover makes disk readable during the boot?

My Clover boots from USB and I was able to do full installaton of Catalina.

But during the first boot of Catalina it stuck.

Advertisement

I don’t understand if the disk is not readable, how clover managed to install Catalina on it with several reboots?

And finally, after installation was finished, and it start booting the new installation, it stuck, because the disk not readable anymore.

I have 1Gb hard disk divided in two halves. Mojave installed on 1 half and Catalina is on the other.

From Mojave I can read Catalina disk.

Any suggestions?

Edited by valeryimm

11 hours ago, nytr0 said:

Thegn, 

Run this command before using Clover package

double click on command and now you will have an option "Install anyway"

Gatekeeper-RW-SSD.zip

Thank you for your help, nytr0! I will test this! :)

Cheers,

Edited by Thegn

Is there any solutuion to booting?

I have 1Gb HDD, 2 partitions. One partition with Mojave installed, the other with Catalina b2.

The problem is that I cannot boot into Catalina.

I reinstalled Catalina twice. Installation went smoothly with couple of reboots.

As soon as installation is finished and first boot started it always stucks.

I removed all kexts from Clover r.4972, except of FakeSMC kext.

When I boot into Mojave I can access Catalina drive.

I am on skylake I7-6520U, Intel HD540, HP Envy.

Can anyone check screen photo?

7FF9822A-AA63-4770-B135-7A3F28AC44E7.jpeg

Edited by valeryimm

1 hour ago, valeryimm said:

I used KernelToPatch thing to prevent them showing on screen, to get clear picture of KP.

I will delete it, to get full info.

There is no KP on screenshot. All is good.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

There is no KP on screenshot. All is good.

That's what I also suspect there's no KP.

It is something else. I also wonder, why it shows "Got boot device... Device is not readable". Because I can read it from Mojave. Maybe FakeSMC kext not loading? I come home soon and I will check kext loading.

1 hour ago, valeryimm said:

That's what I also suspect there's no KP.

It is something else. I also wonder, why it shows "Got boot device... Device is not readable". Because I can read it from Mojave. Maybe FakeSMC kext not loading? I come home soon and I will check kext loading.

I think your problem is your Clover installation.  You must be missing drivers, most likely apfs, like @bronxteck said.  The OS can detect the HDD but can't read it.  If you are booting via UEFI, make sure your drivers are in drivers64UEFI.  If you are not booting via UEFI, start doing so - you have no reason to boot via BIOS.

6 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I think your problem is your Clover installation.  You must be missing drivers, most likely apfs, like @bronxteck said.  The OS can detect the HDD but can't read it.  If you are booting via UEFI, make sure your drivers are in drivers64UEFI.  If you are not booting via UEFI, start doing so - you have no reason to boot via BIOS.

6 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I replaced ApfsDriverLoader with apfs.efi from Catalina installation. Added some kexts (FakeSMC, Lilu, WEG. VoodoPS2Controller). Clover was reinstalled many times, now r4972. UEFI64 Drivers: ApfsDriverLoader-64, AptioMemoryFix-64, DataHubDxe-64, FSInject-64, HFSPlus, SMCHelper). Would you recommend anything else? The strange thing, everything works during the installation, but stuck in first boot.

I suggest you to try rehabman config plist file for your system , it will boot , use virtual smc instead of fakesmc, you need to add macos smbios to the file , if you have skylake , use macbookpro13.1 and give it a try , can you send me your clover folder ?

Edited by PC IT

On 6/25/2019 at 3:58 AM, chris1111 said:

Make sure Gatekeeper is disable

Here the simple app call Make my disk readwriting to run before clover package to avoid any issue 

480549011_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_57_08.png.20af983caab433fc10bc67b9d74f3fd9.png

After running the app, you will have an option "Install anyway" on clover package

1569487064_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_55_32.png.2173f4fff93f948380b37b48ddebdd6d.png

Make my disk readwriting.zip

Thanks to this little "Make my disk readwriting" application by my friend Chris I managed to update the boot clover.
The only negative thing when I start Catalina again and want to update the boot clover again gives me the error of incompatibility, I always have to start the Make my disk readwriting application to update.

45 minutes ago, ludox said:
Thanks to this little "Make my disk readwriting" application by my friend Chris I managed to update the boot clover.
The only negative thing when I start Catalina again and want to update the boot clover again gives me the error of incompatibility, I always have to start the Make my disk readwriting application to update.

You could create a launch daemon with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>KeepAlive</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>local.localhost.rc.local</string>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/etc/rc.local</string>
        </array>
        <key>RunAtLoad</key>
	<true/>
	<key>UserName</key>
	<string>root</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Place the file, i. e. local.localhost.rc.local.plist, in /Library/LaunchDaemons. This will re-enable /etc/rc.local startup script. Create /etc/rc.local with the following content:

#!/bin/bash
mount -uw /
exit 0

Now system volume should be remounted read-write on every boot (I didn't try it). You can use /etc/rc.local for every task to be done at boot time.

EDIT: SIP has to be disabled to make it work.

Edited by simmel

On 6/25/2019 at 9:29 PM, PC IT said:

I suggest you to try rehabman config plist file for your system , it will boot , use virtual smc instead of fakesmc, you need to add macos smbios to the file , if you have skylake , use macbookpro13.1 and give it a try , can you send me your clover folder ?

Thanks for help.

I just did fresh install of Catalina b2. It boots in safe mode, but I get KP in normal mode.

Can you look at KP Report and my new Clover folder? U used Rehabman's config.plist.

My spec: 

Laptop HP Envy 15-as043cl

CPU: Intel i7-6560U

GPU: Intel Iris HD540, 4K ( 19260004 platform id in Mojave)

Thanks

CLOVER.zip

KP.rtf

Edited by valeryimm

3 hours ago, ludox said:

Thanks ludox

Yes this is the negative things -_-

Chris, a bug that occurs when I update the boot clover with Catalina and I can't manually select another disk destination example the program comes out without any warning, did it happen to you too?
Thank you

43 minutes ago, ludox said:
Chris, a bug that occurs when I update the boot clover with Catalina and I can't manually select another disk destination example the program comes out without any warning, did it happen to you too?
Thank you

I will check right now and  I tell you

EDIT ***

All of my drive is always there for selection

341453436_ScreenShot2019-06-26at7_38_44am.png.82ec2d6cba549ec1da1a3acd8c7eba11.png

Edited by chris1111

34 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I will check right now and  I tell you

EDIT ***

341453436_ScreenShot2019-06-26at7_38_44am.png.82ec2d6cba549ec1da1a3acd8c7eba11.png

There it does not get there .. it comes out immediately, I can only check the boot options clover the rest throws me out

1 hour ago, ludox said:

There it does not get there .. it comes out immediately, I can only check the boot options clover the rest throws me out

maybe a bug Catalina because is full of bug on the S... macOS :lol:

4 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

There is any chance to unpack the clover pkg to copy manually bootx64 and cloverx64 to pendrive.

In attachment, latest r4975 bootX64 and Cloverx64

Clover r4975.zip

Hi everyone. I have a question that may seem not important, but I will appreciate hugely if someone could help me:

For many years I've replacing my Finder and Trash icons with ones I like, but Catalina doesn't allow it anymore because of the new read only system partition. 
Of course I disabled SIP, but obviously now this is not enough.
I also tried several options as:
mount -uw /  
# mount -uw /
sudo mount -uw / 

but the answer is always 
//AppleInternal, error No such file or directory

Can anyone help me to make the new system partition writable just to have my old and loved dock?

Thanks a lot. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tonyx86
      This guide is a work in progress and will be updated as I refine the installation.

Background
      This is my first "modern" hack supporting UEFI and my first hack using Clover "on-the-fly" patches.  My previous hacks

Laptop: Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 / Nvidia G3100m Desktop: Gigabyte G31 / GeForce 9600 Desktop: Biostar TH55HD / Sapphire Pulse RX580 (Google "Catalina Biostar TH55HD" and look for user name deeveedee)  
      are all perfectly running Catalina and I patched them all "manually" - all DSDT patches applied with MaciSL with virtually no Clover on-the-fly patching and all booted Legacy Clover.  This UEFI hack was MUCH easier and took about 20 hours vs. a combined hundreds of hours for the old hacks.  I wanted a hack that was a little more future proof and I think this is it.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it.  It is a perfect MacMini8,1.

My system specs
      HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM) 3 x DP Ports (connected to monitors using DP -> DVI adapters) 6 x USB 3.1 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 2 x NVMe SSD (M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo ports) 1 x SATA6 SSD 1 x Intel Ethernet RJ-45 Conexant CX20632 Audio Codec SMBIOS MacModel MacMini 8,1 Unsupported M.2 PCIe x1 2230 Intel Wi-Fi (currently disabled in BIOS).  I may replace this with Brcm, but am using only Ethernet (IntelMausi) for now.  
      Installation Steps: To be provided
      See attached EFI and /L/E kexts in EliteDesk.zip archive See installation methodology here See references here  
      What is not working
      Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (intentional since I have not yet replaced my Intel card).  
      What is not tested
      USB c 3.1 port Microphone port  
      What is working
      Everything not mentioned above Sleep / Wake Multiple displays with IGPU graphics acceleration, hot pluggable display ports and DP->DVI adapters USB 3.1 ports Audio (internal speaker and headphone jack) Ethernet Auto-sensing headphone jack automatically switches to internal speaker when headphones removed  
      Known Issues and their solutions
      (Solved. Cycle power on the new display) A new display may not be detected if the new display is plugged into an unused display port while the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini is sleeping. Solution is to cycle power on the new display after waking the EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini. Cycling display power on the newly added display causes displays to be re-detected. (Solved. Problem resolves itself after a few boot cycles) After applying the Catalina 10.15.5.02 supplemental update, Catalina booted to a single display.  After a few boot cycles, multi-display operation was restored to normal. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Unable to upgrade from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 when using IntelMausiEthernet.kext.  Solution is to switch to IntelMausi.kext (Rev 1.0.2 here). (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Some USB devices were not recognized. My SSDT-UIAC.aml was incomplete and did not specify all required USB port types (missing SSxx ports). The attached EliteDesk.zip archive includes this fix. (Reported this as a possible Clover issue - no solution yet) Clover boot loader may default to Recovery volume after a normal shutdown.  Work-around is to select your normal macOS volume.  This may only happen when Clover is configured to boot LastBootedVolume and may be "fixable" by explicitly setting a boot volume (haven't tested this). (No longer observed) At least one display blanks (sleeps) when plugging / unplugging USB device (observed in front USB 3.1 ports).  Display wakes immediately on keyboard and mouse activity, so this is a minor issue but may be indicative of another issue. (Solved - this is a BIOS setting and requires no macOS changes) Safari has problems loading insanelymac web pages after sleep / wake.  I suspect that the problem is with the embedded video on the pages.  Also observed video problem in AppStore after sleep/wake.  Console: VideoDecodersUnavailable.  Solution is to enable Intel ME in BIOS. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Display does not fully wake after resuming from sleep (needs an extra mouse or keyboard stimulus to fully wake).  Solution is to change boot arg darkwake=0 to darkwake=2.  Other values of darkwake may work as well, but this is the first I tried and it worked. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) -disablegfxfirmware boot arg is not required with WEG.  I inadvertently left this boot arg after I encountered an endless gfx firmware update boot loop while working on my FB patching.  This boot arg is no longer necessary after completing FB patching with WEG. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive): Sometimes, CMOS time is lost on shutdown or restart.  Solution is to enable Clover's Apple RTC fix in config.plist. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) headphone jack doesn't work.  Solution is to change HDEF layout-id to 28. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) System freezes on wake from sleep because of a kernel panic related to hda-gfx (my system does not have HDMI and my DP->DVI adapters do not drive monitor speakers).  Solution is to add No-hda-gfx property to HDEF as described here.  This property is recognized as a Lilu flag and prevents loading hda-gfx. (Solved and included in the attached EliteDesk.zip archive) Device (PMCR) is not defined.  Solution is a SSDT that "injects" the missing device. (Solved and included in the attached archive) eficheck is loaded (not sure why this is bad, but may be a privacy issue - see here). Solution is to add updated EFICheckDisabler kext that include Q370 chipset.  See here.  
      BIOS Version / Configuration: To be provided
      Version: 02.11.01 Rev.A Intel ME must be enabled for proper sleep / wake of UHD 630

Clover Configuration
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP UEFI Drivers Recommended drivers AudioDxe DataHubDxe FSInject SMCHelper File System drivers ApfsDriverLoader VBoxHfs Memory fix drivers AptioMemoryFix Additional drivers NvmExpressDxe Install RC scripts on target volume Themes Choose your desired theme Install Clover Preference Pane (option not available when installing on USB thumb drive)  
      UHD 630 Framebuffer Patching: To be provided

Current Versions
      Catalina 10.15.5.02 Clover (UEFI) r5118 Lilu.kext 1.4.5 WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.0 AppleALC.kext 1.5.0 IntelMausi 1.0.3 (Not IntelMausiEthernet)  
      Credits To be provided

EliteDesk800 G4 Mini - Rev 0.82.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
      -Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3
      -Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado
      -Donation with Mercado Livre 
      https://tinyurl.com/y9evkj5u

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/re2c9sz

-Post Installation
      Paste EFI folder into EFI Partition in your SSD, reboot and extract one full dump with this app and post here!
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3
      RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, headkaze, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Sampath007, Facebook Hackintosh community, Facebook Olarila community, SchmockLord, daliansky and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By dmpcoke
      Hi,

I followed the OC guide, and installed Catalina 10.15.5 on my PC.
      The installation went very well. Most parts also work well after I login to the desktop except the following
      issue:
      Each time I tried to log back into the desktop from sleep, I would get a black screen very shortly after I entered the desktop.
      And black screen will last from a few seconds to a few minutes, no exact lasting time.
      Keyboards and mouse are still working during black screen, I can see the operations after the monitor works again.

It connects LG monitor via DP port and I tried to modified the dp version between 1.2 and 1.4, got the same issue.

Attached my entire OC folder, I'm so appreciated if someone could help me check it out, or tell me which part I should focus on.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Here is my PC summary: Dell Optiplex 7060 MFF

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz; 8th Gen, Coffee Lake GPU Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 RAM Team Group 32 GB (2 × 16GB), 2400 MHz, DDR4 Chipset
      Intel 300 Series LPC (Q370) – A306 Audio Realtek ALC255/3234 (Codec ID: 0x10EC0255) Ethernet Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM WiFi/BT M.2 BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n Storage Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB USB Ports Type-C × 1,USB 3.0 × 5 Video Output DP × 2 Monitor LG 4K 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
      BIOS v1.4.2 OC.zip
    • By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.6 beta (19G36e)