1,156 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thegn said:

I tried to upgrade to Clover v2.4k r4972 from Clover v2.4k r4961, but the installation fails with an error message like: "This package is not compatible with this version of macOS. The package tries to install content on the system volume". Contact the software developer and ask for assistance".

Running Catalina Beta 2.

Thegn, 

Run this command before using Clover package

double click on command and now you will have an option "Install anyway"

Gatekeeper-RW-SSD.zip

Edited by nytr0

Advertisement
Hello everyone
I have a problem to install and update the boot clover with Catalina I get a message "that is not compatible" I attach photo.
I would like to know if you too had this problem and how you solved it
Thank you

Schermata 2019-06-24 alle 22.29.56.png

21 minutes ago, ludox said:
Hello everyone
I have a problem to install and update the boot clover with Catalina I get a message "that is not compatible" I attach photo.
I would like to know if you too had this problem and how you solved it
Thank you

Schermata 2019-06-24 alle 22.29.56.png

Dunno if the Clover installer package is 64bit or not but Catalina will not allow any 32bit applications to be installed or run. No workaround has been found yet.

Pavo does not install any version even the current one I do not know what happened.

First he updated them

Posted (edited)

Is there anything that can be done to make a usb ethernet adapter more "plug and play." If I unplug my ethernet adapter , and plug it back in, i have no internet and have to restart. I'd like to be able to plug and unplug as i please without having to restart. Also, is it possible to have both wifi and usb ethernet available at the same time, where if you disconnect wifi, ethernet will kick in. I have to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext for usb ethernet to work. Any advise would be useful. (Dell XPS 9560 laptop)

Edited by nytr0

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I don't know if is a bug of Catalina, but when I try to install clover from desktop and change install location, crash the app.

Edited by mick3lson

On 6/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, neknofelom said:

I have similar error as you. Did you fix it? 

7447201F-2B29-4100-9CF5-BBD889043768.jpeg

I had similar issue, trying to reach installer. The problem was the kexts in my Other folder: AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2. I left only FakeSMC, Lilu, VoodoPS2Controller and WEG. This way I was able to reach installer.

9 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Hi guys, I don't know if is a bug of Catalina, but when I try to install clover from desktop and change install location, crash the app.

Catalina does not support the installation of 32bit apps.

12 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Hi guys, I don't know if is a bug of Catalina, but when I try to install clover and change install location, crash the app.

Catalina does not support 32 bit apps at all or files system

8 minutes ago, errorexists said:

Catalina does not support 32 bit apps at all or files system

So now how can I do to install clover on pendrive.

I cannot do the first boot into the system after installation Catalina b2.

I already removed all the kext from “Other” folder except of FakeSMC.

still Booting stops. I tried to reinstall Catalina without luck.

Please can anyone look at my screen photo and make any suggestion?

I found only that “disk2/s1: Device is not readable” and it is boot device - my hard disk.

I am on HP Envy laptop. Skylake I7-6250U, Intel HD540.

BF5B76ED-BE34-4088-9467-0E512FDE2BCD.jpeg

This is a more mundane question, ...

How does one change the name of the drive? I did not think about doing that before installing the upgrade. I would like to, of course, call it Catalina instead of Mojave.

Posted (edited)

Make sure Gatekeeper is disable

Here the simple app call Make my disk readwriting to run before clover package to avoid any issue 

544285872_Capturedcranle2019-06-3016_37_59.png.591c760d5317f335cab6025ec09915f4.png

After running the app, you will have an option "Install anyway" on clover package

1569487064_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_55_32.png.2173f4fff93f948380b37b48ddebdd6d.png

Make my disk readwriting.zip

Edited by chris1111
change buton Anuller for Cancel

Posted (edited)

Oh ya, I forgot mentioning that GateKeeper was disabled on my case.

For SIP; I also use this CsrActiveConfig: Clover = 0x3E7 / OpenCore = E7030000

(Plz correct me if OC Hex Data for Csr was wrong. Thanks).

Edited by Badruzeus

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Here the simple app call Make my disk readwriting to run before clover package to avoid any issue 

480549011_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_57_08.png.20af983caab433fc10bc67b9d74f3fd9.png

After running the app, you will have an option "Install anyway" on clover package

1569487064_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_55_32.png.2173f4fff93f948380b37b48ddebdd6d.png

17 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

480549011_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_57_08.png.20af983caab433fc10bc67b9d74f3fd9.png

I don’t get the idea how it works. I got clover r.4972 and Make my disk readwriting. I first try to run your program and after that clover,  but didn’t see the option “Install anyway”.

Does this program should modify Clover bootloader? How it knows which disk to make readwritable?

And how to make Gatekeeper disabled?

2 minutes ago, valeryimm said:

I don’t get the idea how it works. I got clover r.4972 and Make my disk readwriting. I first try to run your program and after that clover,  but didn’t see the option “Install anyway”.

Does this program should modify Clover bootloader? How it knows which disk to make readwritable?

And how to make Gatekeeper disabled?

Strange its work here without issue