Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
10.14.5: Memory allocation errors after clover update (affects both installation and the system I had working)By Aldaro
I have been running macOS Mojave on my system for 3 months and everything was working pretty well. After taking an update for clover, my entire system got wrecked, and I cannot even boot to an installation environment anymore (which I really need to do since I am starting back at square one). I still have the old EFI folder backed up, but I know it'll only be a matter of time before Apple introduces an update that requires me to update Clover in order to work correctly. I have tried all the available memory fixes, but none of them seem to work. I was previously using the original osxaptiofix; so, I gave v2, and v3 a try, but to no success. I read somewhere on the main discussion board for clover that AptioMemoryFix was no longer going to be supported and I therefor decided to skip over it (not to mention it isn't even available in newer clover installation packages).
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING
CPU Intel core i5 9600k @ stock 3.7GHz
RAM 32GB DDR4 2667MHz
GPU AMD Radeon RX 580 with 8GB of GDDR5
SSD Intel 660p 512GB NVME
NIC: Intel i210 10/100/1000 as it is natively supported in macOS
I have been using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOs as I built this machine to match it as close as humanly possible. As for my UEFI settings, I did the usual:
Disabled Windows specific features and secure boot
Enabled XHCI hand off
Enabled Above 4G decoding
Disabled onboard NIC since it is made irrelevant by my intel i210
USBInjectAll -- WITH PATCHED SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Below are images of the errors I am receiving when trying to boot the macOS Mojave installer.
with original osxaptiomemoryfix
Anyway, if somebody can help me figure out what's going on, that'd be greatly appreciated. My ultimate goal is to get an install with minimal clover patches as to be better prepared when the winds of change from Apple come roaring.
p.s: I have also attached a copy of my EFI folder
Laptop Inbuilt Wifi and Battery Indicator not working in Catalina. (HP Pavilion 15t-au 100 Laptop)
HP Pavilion 15t-au100 * i7-7500u 2.90Ghz * Intel HD 620 Graphic Adapter * Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168 * Kingston SATA3 SSD 500 GB * HP Camera
Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.15 installation on MBR HFS+ partition.
Please read Readme-10.15.pdf first.
How to finish the Catalina installation.
1. Use EasyMBR-Installer1015 to make USB Catalina Installer.
2. Boot to USB Catalina Installer, open Utilities -> Disk Utility, format as MBR HFS+.
Install Catalina to blank MBR HFS+ "Target" partition.
3. Boot to USB Catalina Installer, open Utilities -> Terminal, run the script command:
4. Boot to "Target" MBR HFS+ partition on single user mode (-s), run the script command:
5. Reboot to "Target" MBR HFS+ partition, setup user name and login, finish the installation.
Also, you need to setup Clover as BooterConfig=0x28, CsrActiveConfig=0x67
List of known issues:
1. iCloud Drive doesn't work on HFS+, only works on APFS.
2. Some app-pkg-installers can't install to HFS+, but install to APFS fine.
3. If you install to a blank APFS partition, it won't convert to two system, data partitions, and always keeps one APFS partition only, and iCloud Drive works fine, but some app-pkg-installers still can't install to it.
What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
1. Pass the MBR check, allow macOS 10.15 installation on MBR partition.
2. Pass the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
3. Pass auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.15.
4. This MBR-Manual-Method will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+ partition.
5. This MBR-Manual-Method works with both MBR HFS+ and GPT HFS+ partition (GPT+recovery).
No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.
What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
As the following....
1. createinstallmedia method,
needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only, always convert to APFS format.
2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),
install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR HFS+ and GUID HFS+, will never convert the partition format.
We can manually format as MBR HFS+ or GPT HFS+ on installation screen like as 10.12.
We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 on installation screen now.
Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 future versions, I think so.
It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.
3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),
End of MBR and HFS+, there is no more MBR HFS+ patch available for 10.15 native OSInstaller.
How to make 10.15 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?
Just use EasyMBR-Installer1015 to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.
Read HowTo Q/A Q4. How to patch to work with CPU SSE4.1 only for Mojave, Catalina?
Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.15.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?
And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
A6. Some people download installer app from App Store, and get only 18 MB size, not the complete installer app (5.68 GB). You should boot to 10.12, or 10.13 to download it again from App Store, or use script Q6-DownloadFullApp/installScript_fullapp to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com.