Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zhengshiqi

Fail to use OpenCore to boot Windows

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, first of all, I'd like to extend my hearty thanks to the team's hard work. The reason why I don't post this topic in OpenCore Discussion room because I don't have access to reply in that room.

I successfully boot into macOS, but when I choose BOOTCAMP Windows, the boot loader returns a critical error. `IgnoreForWindows` option do not work for me.

Also, when I first come in OpenCore boot page, it shows `OCS: Failed to parse real field of type 1`, and quickly disappears.

Here's my config.plist, and hope for suggestions. 

P.S. My device is running in UEFI mode.

config.plist

Edited by zhengshiqi

Advertisement

Solved. I accidentally turn off HPET device. After I enable it, I successfully boot into Windows.

BTW, I find that _OSI -> XOSI rename + SSDT-XOSI would cause blue screen in Windows. I replace that patch with other tiny hotpatches.

1 hour ago, zhengshiqi said:

Solved. I accidentally turn off HPET device. After I enable it, I successfully boot into Windows.

BTW, I find that _OSI -> XOSI rename + SSDT-XOSI would cause blue screen in Windows. I replace that patch with other tiny hotpatches.

I've noticed that renames doesn't work, in my case for example EHC1 to EH01. I consider renaming manually in my dsdt or I don't know wait for some kind of fix?:help:

Edited by hardcorehenry

1 minute ago, hardcorehenry said:

I've noticed that renames doesn't work, in my case for example EHC1 to EHC01. I consider renaming manually in my dsdt or I don't know wait for some kind of fix?:help:

Because ACPI grammar only allow 4-character device name, you can try rename EHC1 to EH01 instead of EHC01.

For example, 

<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMQ==</data>

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0