RagK

Front USB ports not working on fresh startup

2 posts in this topic

Hey , I have installed MacOS Mojave on my desktop

I am facing issue in which the front pane USB ports on my cpu are working only after a reboot.

When I start my PC after a shut down the USB ports docent seem to work as USB pen drive is not detected 

Please Help

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By L0L_7717
      hello guys, i need some help, when I try to install, I get the error "panic.apple.com to report this panic". 
      my computer is a lenovo g400s touch with an Intel i3 3110m and a intel hd graphics 4000, it has 4gb ram.
      i'm using opencore bootloader 
      i think is a graphic card error in config.plist.
      thanks guys

i attached the pendrive files here
      Desktop.rar
    • By Vyzantion
      I have just re-made the Catalina installer, with the updated OS. It could not install from it, like it could not copy. Then I have tried to reinstall Mojave, it worked pretty cleary last year the exact pen drive. It failed as well, saying something like: not package found, contact the system administrator. I was able to boot from USB pen drive Linux and install Windows from DVD. But no macOS from the pen drive, even from what worked fine before. I have reseted the BIOS several times, no succes. The first sign of something wrong was this: When I first tried to boot Catalina, it said something about BIOS (BIOS, not UEFI) reset and enter setup. I hapenned several times on my attempts. If something screwed in my hardware? The USB ports? The BIOS perhaps?
    • By Justin S
      I purchased two of these Sipolar 10 port USB 3.0 hubs with the thought I'd be able to plug in 20 iPads to do software restores simultaneously, but I only can get 12 to be recognized at any one time. Both hubs function properly with 10 iPads plugged in to each at once, but as soon as I connect both hubs I get a max of 12 iPads recognized by the OS. We're using Apple Configurator 2 to restore iPads, and I have a separate older/slower 32 port USB 2.0 charge/sync hub that works fine with all devices plugged in.

Hub: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sipolar-new-a-423-10-port_62315150518.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.40.5aa8663dB1drT6

I'm using a 2014 Mac Mini 7,1 running 10.15.3. I've tested the hubs with a few difference Macs and OS's and have had the same issue. From what I can tell these hubs use a RealTek USB chipset, but no drivers are offered by Realtek for them.

I attempted to daisy chain them (not ideal) and still have the same issue. Has anybody run in to a similar issue using identical USB hubs connected to individual ports on a Mac?
    • By superdooper71
      Hi I wonder if you can help me out guys.
      I have few issues here
      • First
      when I boot the clover entry screen do not show the disk icons until i press enter
      (If I disconnect the keybord all is smooth, clover start, shows disk icons and boot from Mojave)
      • Second
      Randomly the keyboard and mouse become pretty unstable. The mouse cursor start flashing or the keyboard start to type repetedly <<<<<<<<<<< when i Press the spacebar or some other button
      (this behaviour is applied to all keyboard I have tried, actually 3 different ones)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      KB and Mouse are plugged on a USB 3.0 ports
      I have tried to reset the keyboard Pref but NO LUCK
      I have changed Keyboard - Same error
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      I enclose IOREGregistry and config.plist

MY CURRENT BUILD
      ASROCK Z270 PRO4
      i7 7700K
      32GB DDR4
      Gigabyte GTX 760

I believe that there is some code conflict but I have no idea what is wrong

Please HELP
      Cheers
      Franco
      config.plist
      iMac di imac27.ioreg.zip
    • By soumaxetuirk
      If you have a working Brightness Slider and you might be using Brightness slider or manual hotkeys to control brightness then this guide may help you to use your Native hotkeys of laptop.

(All the Credits goes to @RehabMan     For OS-X-ACPI-Debug Kext and DSDT Patches.)

This step assumes that you are using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller or Acidanthera's PS2Controller
      Install the kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug Open MaciASL and click on patch.(Add rehab man repo) Apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries" that are under Brightness Fix. Save the DSDT and restart Look in Syslog as you press the key corresponding to brightness to determine which _QXX methods handle the keys (UPDATE: From Sierra Apple changed logging process. So you won't find ACPIdebug result using syslog command. Instead use following command )
      log show --last 5 | grep ACPIDebug 6. Then patch DSDT:
      into method label _Q1D replace_content begin // Brightness Down\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0205)\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0285)\n end; into method label _Q1C replace_content begin // Brightness Up\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0206)\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0286)\n end; Change the variable _Q1D/_Q1C as per the log. 

7. Try compiling and check if it generates errors
      8. If it does, then change the PS2M to PS2X according to the one found in your DSDT
      9. Save and place the compiled DSDT.
      10. Now you should see that you have your corresponding keys to change your brightness 

FOR  more detail and Queries,Check Out original Post of @RehabMan Here;
      http://www.insanelym...18#entry1997112
      Get Latest Version of  OS-X-ACPI-Debug kext here:
      https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-debug/downloads