Jump to content
7,324 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Is my EFI structure for OpenCore correct?

And, hi.. is it safe replacing my FS0:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi (Clover) with this one?

My Firmware is UEFI 2.0 (AMI Aptio). Thanks.

Screenshot 14.png

 

@Badruzeus

 

Directory structure seems good.

Replacing BootX64.efi with the one provide with Opencore is the best way.

This bootloader load and launch  Opencore.

 

Fred

 

Edited by FredWst
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

why not try it from usb boot first

Good idea, thanks. As I could "Launch EFI Shell" from BIOS, I have no worry actually

(I mean, for recovery purpose if it failed).

 

6 minutes ago, FredWst said:

 

@Badruzeus

 

Struct seems good.

Replacing BootX64.efi to one provide with open core is needed.

The boo loader search for open core to start it.

Clover entry is pointing to FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi, I'll try with

bcfg boot add XX FS0:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.efi "OpenCore"

Many thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus
16 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Is my EFI structure for OpenCore correct?

And, hi.. is it safe replacing my FS0:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi (Clover) with this one?

My Firmware is UEFI 2.0 (AMI Aptio). Thanks.

Screenshot 14.png

You shall not use Uefi-drivers from Clover.

Edited by Andrey1970
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Andrey1970 @FredWst

 

I need to rename PC00 to PCI0..it seems it is not working for me

I did as pictures below

60683261_ScreenShot2019-04-26at7_55_42PM.png.4fac1f18ab37c3acaaeb8b190dd32f61.png

Am I missing something?

in general also others rename do not work for me

 

Count 1 you are sure? Set 0.
PC00 a high probability not only in DSDT, but also in SSDT tables.

You shall be sure of that that you do.

For a patch to all ACPI tables - use empty TableSignature.

Edited by Andrey1970
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

And, how about "AppleIntelCPUPM=Yes" but using OpenCore? My CPU is i3-2330M (2nd Gen / SandyBridge). Thanks.

Search AppleCpuPmCfgLock in the Sample.plist from OpenCorePkg, enable it in your config.

  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, uglyJoe said:

I like to transfer my configuration from Ozmosis to OpenCore but I am not sure about SystemUUID.

Should I use "Hardware-UUID" from Systeminformation or "HardwareSignature" from Ozmosis?

 

 

 

"HardwareSignature" from Ozmosis

 

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, uglyJoe said:

I like to transfer my configuration from Ozmosis to OpenCore but I am not sure about SystemUUID.

Should I use "Hardware-UUID" from Systeminformation or "HardwareSignature" from Ozmosis?

 

 

Run macserial and see System ID = SystemUUID

  • Thanks 1
  • Allan changed the title to OpenCore Discussion

When I boot OpenCore's config, macOS identifies a different computer to Clover's config.

 

SystemSerialNumber, BoardSerialNumber, SystemUUID/smuuid, MLB, ROM(I get ROM from macserial when booting Clover, and paste that value to OpenCore's config), Board ID, Hardware UUID are all the same. macserial give the same results booting from both configs.

 

I can't find what I'm missing. Here are my configs

Opencore: https://ghostbin.com/paste/4p4ed

Clover: https://ghostbin.com/paste/apmde

 

151698508_ScreenShot2019-04-26at4_10_31PM.png.b592d259cb862b2e3e7905cd29accee9.png

 

 

Edited by Hackmac101
38 minutes ago, Hackmac101 said:

When I boot OpenCore's config, macOS identifies a different computer to Clover's config.

 

SystemSerialNumber, BoardSerialNumber, SystemUUID/smuuid, MLB, ROM(I get ROM from macserial when booting Clover, and paste that value to OpenCore's config), Board ID, Hardware UUID are all the same. macserial give the same results booting from both configs.

 

I can't find what I'm missing. Here are my configs

Opencore: https://ghostbin.com/paste/4p4ed

Clover: https://ghostbin.com/paste/apmde

 

151698508_ScreenShot2019-04-26at4_10_31PM.png.b592d259cb862b2e3e7905cd29accee9.png

 

 

 

You deleted many parameters. You shall not delete them, it is necessary to fill everything.

 
 
 
8 minutes ago, FredWst said:

would you mind teaching me everything i need in IM discord so i can help others https://discord.gg/N24hR6J i got the open core setup its the config i might need help with 

×
×
  • Create New...