Jump to content

5,197 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Your status (STA) should be a method not a name. It should look like this:


DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "HACK", "SsdtSATA", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.SAT0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
    {
        Scope (SAT0)
        {
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
        }

        Device (SATA)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (0x0F)
                }
        }
    }
}

 

Thanks Pavo. Working out this error then I should probably be set.

 

"1, 6126, Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file"

EDIT: USER ERROR, it compiled.

 

Hell, with something as basic as this do I even need "Name (_ADR, 0x....)?

Edited by NorthAmTrans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

@Pavo No dice. Got this far though. Still getting that error on line 1.

 

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ALASKA", "A M I ", 0x01072009)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.SAT0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
    {
        Scope (SAT0)
        {
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
        }

        Device (SATA)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (0x0F)
                }
        }
    }
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NorthAmTrans said:

@Pavo No dice. Got this far though. Still getting that error on line 1.

 


DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ALASKA", "A M I ", 0x01072009)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.SAT0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
    {
        Scope (SAT0)
        {
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
        }

        Device (SATA)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (0x0F)
                }
        }
    }
}

 

Can you upload your IOReg without the SATA SSDT? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, seyedhossein said:

There are many links for you
Which one do you recommend?

 

Regards

You may try my EFI of OpenCore 0.5.0 which worked perfectly at 10.13.6/10.14.x/10.15.x in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

Just modify those are specific for your X399 and different from mine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorthAmTrans said:

@Ellybz attached plus EFI in case.

 

 

EFI.zip

Michael’s iMac SAT0.ioreg

 

Give it a try, also renamed  PPMC to PMCR, if you prefer original names remove it.


 

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "HACK", "SATAPMCR", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PPMC, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.SAT0, DeviceObj)

    If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0)
        {
            Scope (PPMC)
            {
                Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
            }

            Device (PMCR)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)  // _ADR: Address
            }

            Scope (SAT0)
            {
                Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
            }

            Device (SATA)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00170000)  // _ADR: Address
            }
        }
    }
}

 

Edited by hardcorehenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Open Terminal app an type the following 4 commands ( press Enter after each line ):

CD ~/Desktop

git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg

cd OpenCorePkg

./macbuild.tool 


Done. This will build the latest version of OC in your Homefolder.

/OpenCorePkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/ 

/OpenCorePkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/ 

 

 

PS: as mentioned by Download-Fritz , if you are uncomfortable with terminal commands, you should probably only stick to the official releases.

 

 

 

Thanks so much!

no, im very interested, but just amateur, and this time much to learn :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

You may try my EFI of OpenCore 0.5.0 which worked perfectly at 10.13.6/10.14.x/10.15.x in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

Just modify those are specific for your X399 and different from mine.

EFI.zip

 

Hi My Friend

Your EFI OpenCore, Work like charm on my computer

X399 Gigabyte, amd ryzen threadripper 1950x, RX 560

 

A Lot Of Thanks

Regards

 

Edited by seyedhossein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seyedhossein said:

 

Hi My Friend

Your EFI OpenCore, Work like charm on my computer

X399 Gigabyte, amd ryzen threadripper 1950x, RX 560

 

A Lot Of Thanks

Regards

 

I am glad to know that because I have spent many hours to learn OpenCore before it worked in my hackintosh. Once it worked it can be applied to the other ones very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 3:11 AM, Ellybz said:

Open Terminal app an type the following 4 commands ( press Enter after each line ):

CD ~/Desktop

git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg

cd OpenCorePkg

./macbuild.tool 


Done. This will build the latest version of OC in your Homefolder.

/OpenCorePkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/ 

/OpenCorePkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/

 

 

PS: as mentioned by Download-Fritz , if you are uncomfortable with terminal commands, you should probably only stick to the official releases.

 

 

 

Hi, would you help me? in this thread https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/340159-opencore-command-line-tool/

guide using config.plist file to buiding OpenCore, which cant find in your guide? Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I can't boot with OpenCore, no matter what platform definition i use. It gives me this error message: ''OC : Plist Kexts\Lilu.kext\Contents\Info.plist is missing for kext Lilu.kext (). Halting on critical error.''

I'm using updated kexts, Lilu Info.plist is not missing and path to its location is correct.

I hope to somebody gives me a clue on what I'm doing wrong, here is the config.plist I'm using.

config.plist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oldman20 I do not use command line tool. Never did. You just need to adapt the sample.plist inside the Docs folder as well as adding the necessary Drivers, Kexts, etc.. Based on your hardware configuration.

Take some time to read the manual, we all did.  One config.plist does not fit all systems. What might also help you is to find someone using OpenCore that has a similar system. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf

Best.

 

Edited by Ellybz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ramontorres said:

Hi,

 

I can't boot with OpenCore, no matter what platform definition i use. It gives me this error message: ''OC : Plist Kexts\Lilu.kext\Contents\Info.plist is missing for kext Lilu.kext (). Halting on critical error.''

I'm using updated kexts, Lilu Info.plist is not missing and path to its location is correct.

I hope to somebody gives me a clue on what I'm doing wrong, here is the config.plist I'm using.

config.plist

Hi.

 

You need to disable vault in config.plist or create vault with the appropriated tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ramontorres said:

 

Yes, it's already disabled

 

1.png.206cf66809c0fb70587d8a719ecd3c8c.png

When I've installed OpenCore for the first time, I don't disable these two things and was getting the same error that you have, so I disable these but it don't work. I think if you don't disable this on in the first time you configure OpenCore, you need to do all configuration again, from zero point, disabling vault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Hi guys,

 

I couldn't find this in the configuration pdf, so I'm asking: can OC inject a custom EDID like Clover does? If so, how?

Use Device Properties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Use Device Properties

Hi Pavo!

 

Many thanks for the tip. This is the first time doing this. Could you, please, share a bit more details on how to achieve that?

 

I took a look in the IOreg, and I'm guessing i need to add a new property for IODisplayEDID, right...?

If that's correct, the only thing I got stuck at, is the actual Device. It needs to be the PCI address, right? So...how do I get the PCI address of my display...?

1579459341_Screenshot2019-11-08at19_10_15.thumb.png.a711db766297ff4491836b520ef4b163.png

 

1834587669_Screenshot2019-11-08at19_10_26.thumb.png.5ca5630b11a54a13f30ef11184354ed0.png

 

Edited by arsradu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have anyone installed windows 10 with OpenCore using bootcamp? 

is here any guide and toturials about using bootcamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, anmool said:

Have anyone installed windows 10 with OpenCore using bootcamp? 

is here any guide and toturials about using bootcamp

 

Why using BootCamp on a PC in the first place? You don't need to emulate anything.

 

BootCamp creates the environment necessary for real Macs to run Windows. A PC will run Windows natively. So no need for BootCamp.

Edited by arsradu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Lorkiyn
      Hey,
       
      so I just can't get my trackpad working. I'm running Catalina with OC (v0.5.8 debug) on my Gigabyte Aero 15x9.
      I followed the OC vanilla laptop guide and created a GPI0 SSDT fitting to my device name but it didn't help. I have VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID in my kexts folder because the publisher of my trackpad is "Microsoft" accordingly to Windows.
      I have stumbled across the DSDT patches from VoodooI2C, but since you can't load your patched DSDT on OC I didn't know what to do with them.
       
      According to VoodooI2C-HID satellite description you need a "PNP0C50" trackpad, which mine is.
       
      I noticed that there are some messages during, boot from Voodoo-Something, after selecting boot device in OC. But these messages are not logged in any log file I can find. So I don't know what exactly they are saying.
       
      Thank you in advance
       
      EFI.zip
      opencore-2020-05-31-141607.txt
      Windows_device_manager.tar
    • By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
    • By STLVNUB
      Script file to clone and help build Clover, Opencore (official and unofficial) repos
      Script will create link to itself in /usr/local/bin/bob
      Wouldn't hurt to check there are no "Bob"'s there, i "Hope" there isn't.
       
      Then you only need to type bob. and a parameter
      "n" for NDK repo, unofficial
      "a" for ACID repo, official
      "c" for CLOVER
      It also takes "all" for ALL, if your game
      Currently NDK Repo has problems so "all" and "n" DON'T WORK
       
      Easier typing bob than.....usual stuff
      Enjoy
       
    • By cvad
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
×