Jump to content

1,003 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement

OpenCore is working 100% for me for both Mojave 10.14 and Sierra 10.12 on both my systems :drool: , and to add a GUI isn't an idea that i would like to see, it performs very well and as stated in a previous post it's modular and properly structured, adding a GUI frontend would just make this a rebranding of clover which this isn't. :blush: Configuration for Opencore is easy enough once you get your head round the documentation which this is updated daily with new information, However i know these guys are working at better file logging for debugging purposes, and Certain NVMe Boot Structures need fixing, but this all takes time. Other then that i'm super happy with the way this project is progressing. It's best to remember this is only an early dev version and people need to stay patient and give thanks to the incredible people including @vit9696  for quick bug tracking responses and working so hard to make this a great alternative for the community. The Performance of my systems are amazing compared to clover. :thumbsup_anim: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MacFriedIntel said:

OpenCore is working 100% for me for both Mojave 10.14 and Sierra 10.12 on both my systems :drool: , and to add a GUI isn't an idea that i would like to see, it performs very well and as stated in a previous post it's modular and properly structured, adding a GUI frontend would just make this a rebranding of clover which this isn't. :blush: Configuration for Opencore is easy enough once you get your head round the documentation which this is updated daily with new information, However i know these guys are working at better file logging for debugging purposes, and Certain NVMe Boot Structures need fixing, but this all takes time. Other then that i'm super happy with the way this project is progressing. It's best to remember this is only an early dev version and people need to stay patient and give thanks to the incredible people including @vit9696  for quick bug tracking responses and working so hard to make this a great alternative for the community. The Performance of my systems are amazing compared to clover. :thumbsup_anim: 

 

Yeah, not even close to a rebranding of clover. Clover is monolithic, and a bunch of old projects (~2011) stitched together and made to work in UEFI. There should be a huge difference in performance in everything. Also, did you notice the part where I said because it is modular the GUI would not be a requirement? Some people want their machine to behave exactly like a mac would which means the ability for a GUI boot selector.

 

EDIT: Also maybe some people just have an easier time with GUIs, it would make sense because why bother having a GUI and not just go back to DOS or UNIX?

Edited by apianti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi  @vit9696 and all devs
is it possible that OC 
bootloader apply ACPI/patch also when I start my windows disk with bootcamp windows selection on OC bootmenu? I have an ACPI table error during windows booting if apply patch you can see attached here:
131359568_ScreenShot2019-05-03at5_30_07PM.png.9c9575018046d81483c6e5420e2ba037.png

 

Also others patch seems to "interact" with windows...

Edited by fabiosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any plans for this to run on bios using UEFI emulation? Like the clover legacy boot mechanism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PC IT said:

Hello to all supporters in this new boot loader , my system is working perfectly with it , but i dont have brightness slider , pnlf device , and system never sleep when closing the screen lid , can anyone help me , i think i need to patch the dsdt and ssdt to match the new boot loader. hope anyone can help me? thank you for this project.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/master/Manual/SSDT-PNLF.dsl

Also read here: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

 

 

41 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Hi  @vit9696 and all devs
is it possible that OC 
bootloader apply ACPI/patch also when I start my windows disk with bootcamp windows selection on OC bootmenu? I have an ACPI table error during windows booting if apply patch you can see attached here:
131359568_ScreenShot2019-05-03at5_30_07PM.png.9c9575018046d81483c6e5420e2ba037.png

 

Also others patch seems to "interact" with windows...

 

1286090637_2019-05-0319_24_26.png.a37a8019ad5a1ea4f37fa5dc1d786a80.png

Edited by Andrey1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

-----

 

 

1286090637_2019-05-0319_24_26.png.a37a8019ad5a1ea4f37fa5dc1d786a80.png

Thank you, with this option Windows start fine

When I reboot it and I choose OSX to boot in OC bootmenu I have this attached:

osx boot regularly but I have a report to send to apple after login.

IMG_2595.thumb.jpg.46f2d5658a41a6af2dac7289a2c59daa.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone here using OpenCore with a Filevault2 enctrypted drive and a 4K monitor? I've been trying to get the right resolution for the UI login screen but so far have only managed to get a very low resolution or 3840x2160. I'm after a resolution of 1920x1080. Any help would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dgsga said:

Is anyone here using OpenCore with a Filevault2 enctrypted drive and a 4K monitor? I've been trying to get the right resolution for the UI login screen but so far have only managed to get a very low resolution or 3840x2160. I'm after a resolution of 1920x1080. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried setting 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:UIScale to 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheRacerMaster said:

Have you tried setting 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:UIScale to 2?

I have! Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have any effect. Thanks for the tip though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

Have you tried this section and setting to Max 

2 hours ago, dgsga said:

I have! Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have any effect. Thanks for the tip though...

737342473_Screenshot2019-05-04at09_32_18.png.219e27eb82c5ce846d087b892e89441a.png

Edited by MacFriedIntel
missing text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone booting OC on a laptop with I2C device?

 

I cant get the touchpad to work in OC. I have no issues with other kexts (or getting the touchpad to function in clover), tho.

 

Can anyone take a look where I might have missed? Thanks.

 

<dict>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>VoodooI2C.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Touchpad</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooI2C</string>
				<key>MatchKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooGPIO.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Touchpad</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooGPIO</string>
				<key>MatchKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooI2CServices.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Touchpad</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooI2CServices</string>
				<key>MatchKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>VoodooI2CHID.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Touchpad</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooI2CHID</string>
				<key>MatchKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>

 

kextstat info

 

Mac:~ vn7-592g$ kextstat | grep -v com.apple
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
   35    6 0xffffff7f83d91000 0x80000    0x80000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.3.5) FDDBA1E3-B2DE-37FB-8997-88D28E69E007 <7 5 4 3 2 1>
   36    1 0xffffff7f83e11000 0x28000    0x28000    as.vit9696.VirtualSMC (1.0.2) 8814D940-2C42-3C45-9F42-8338AC4799EB <35 11 7 5 4 3 2 1>
   38    0 0xffffff7f83e39000 0x17000    0x17000    ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager (1) F51BDDBC-E11D-3D46-BB61-6855F0FC7CC0 <37 36 35 11 7 5 4 3 2 1>
   39    0 0xffffff7f83e50000 0x11b000   0x11b000   as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.3.7) 4194C750-6151-377C-9C7C-E38886E3AC64 <35 12 7 5 4 3 2 1>
   40    0 0xffffff7f83f73000 0x7f000    0x7f000    as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (1.2.8) 2EB6FF06-A462-30B9-8121-88D5C9C6468D <35 12 7 5 4 3 2 1>
   41    0 0xffffff7f83ff6000 0xb000     0xb000     org.vanilla.driver.CPUFriend (1.1.6) A32118DA-09BD-37C3-BBF7-4DF6832CFC54 <35 11 7 5 4 3 2 1>
   42    0 0xffffff7f84073000 0x11000    0x11000    as.lvs1974.AirportBrcmFixup (2.0.0) B78B9C18-88E8-35E3-B489-C448FF764EE6 <35 15 12 7 5 4 3 2 1>
   43    0 0xffffff7f84318000 0x10000    0x10000    com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices (1) 8D02CFDB-E378-3061-8591-7E199076722D <4 3>
   44    0 0xffffff7f84355000 0xf000     0xf000     com.XPS.VerbStub (1.0.3) 41D18E8C-8EFF-34A1-BD9C-2D806283284F <12 4 3>
   60    0 0xffffff7f842f4000 0x19000    0x19000    org.coolstar.VoodooGPIO (1.1) 584C5F47-466F-3585-9AFB-605777C0A2FE <11 5 4 3>
   61    1 0xffffff7f84328000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.34) FE68E3D5-29E0-346A-9036-090411302A58 <11 7 5 4 3 1>
   80    0 0xffffff7f84001000 0x72000    0x72000    com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8111 (2.2.2) 24D129C7-C25C-3D7B-9E10-EA71D9BE6511 <15 12 5 4 3 1>
   83    0 0xffffff7f84348000 0xd000     0xd000     org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID (1.3.15) B185B092-1FC9-308E-B093-32FD88E5822D <12 7 5 4 3 1>
   87    0 0xffffff7f8433b000 0xd000     0xd000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.34) 454845C4-36AE-37F0-995E-961CAAF609FB <61 58 17 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   99    1 0xffffff7f84084000 0x25f000   0x25f000   com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore (2.2.10) FEAD3CAB-F1B9-329A-8291-EAC222EBC0F0 <5 4 3>
  100    0 0xffffff7f842e3000 0x11000    0x11000    com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2 (2.2.10) EA8FADAF-E7F3-3CDF-8440-49C15C0E25F8 <99 24 5 4 3 1>

 

Edited by onemanOSX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if wrong thread to ask...

 

but was wondering if something changed since yesterday, into AppleSupportPkg and  AptioFixPkg?

 

As per today build is not working anymore both complain about miissing a lib into directory...  and till tonight it still worked... my last test build had no such problem..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hey all, this is a cool project. i'm trying to get it working on QEMU but so far, no dice.

 

image.png.dceb7f5a3ba469404400e0d6854c7c42.png

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here??? I tried setting the resolution to text 80x24, and Max but that doesn't help anything.

 

image.png

Edited by Sinetek
fix the {censored}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinetek said:

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here??? I tried setting the resolution to text 80x24, and Max but that doesn't help anything.

Enable the "ProvideConsoleControl" quirk or embed a driver that properly exposes that protocol into the QEMU image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Enable the "ProvideConsoleControl" quirk or embed a driver that properly exposes that protocol into the QEMU image


Ah great that fixed that and now i'm booted.
By the way if others read this for QEMU you need to use the proper apfs.efi.  The other one "loader" from SupportPackage never worked here on my setup, just random reboots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sinetek said:

The other one "loader" from SupportPackage never worked here on my setup, just random reboots.

Do you think you could debug this? There is no (sane) reason it should not work in QEMU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Do you think you could debug this? There is no (sane) reason it should not work in QEMU 

 

erf, maybe, i probably don't see the point if apfs.efi works.  but i can tell you that it loads an image (which one? I don't know. I'm not even sure what this loader does) into memory and then after that it fails somehow.

Edited by Sinetek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, onemanOSX said:

Anyone booting OC on a laptop with I2C device?

 

I cant get the touchpad to work in OC. I have no issues with other kexts (or getting the touchpad to function in clover), tho.

 

Can anyone take a look where I might have missed? Thanks.

Try moving VoodooGPIO and VoodooI2CServices above in config.plist so they load firstly, then add VoodooI2C and lastly VoodooI2CHID.

 

Same problem is with ApplePS2SmartTouchpad. Firstly I load it's plug-ins, then the kext actually.

Edited by vladstarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is many users with Gigabyte Boards especially the Z390 with NVRAM issues, also with Shutdown and Restarting glitches is there any plans to have a emulated NVRAM for OC to resolve this issue, Also when setting PlatformNVRAM to Auto, when running geekbench it displays the motherboard as a MacbookPro 15,2, i know this can be fixed by adding SMBIOS to the config and changing the Board Version String. but when this is done on the Z390 it won't boot due to NVRAM issues. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MacFriedIntel said:

There is many users with Gigabyte Boards especially the Z390 with NVRAM issues, also with Shutdown and Restarting glitches is there any plans to have a emulated NVRAM for OC to resolve this issue, Also when setting PlatformNVRAM to Auto, when running geekbench it displays the motherboard as a MacbookPro 15,2, i know this can be fixed by adding SMBIOS to the config and changing the Board Version String. but when this is done on the Z390 it won't boot due to NVRAM issues. :blush:

Asus z390-a with shutdown restart
image.png.c6edbfa9b8b649debc10be37c7456d5d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Slice
      OK, 4988 released.
      Now, @vector sigma, what have we do to update translations?
    • By dracoflar
      So you've been reading the forum on this brand new boot loader called OpenCore hoping to try it out but you take one look at the configurations PDF and take a step back in shock at the complexity! Well if you've been feeling a bit intimidated by the DOCS well you've come to the right place:
       
      OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide
       
      If you have any issues or suggestions please feel free to comment
       
      - Your local neighbourhood Hackintosh Slav
    • By vit9696
      OpenCorePkg / Documentation / Configuration Template / Bugtracker   Discussion and installation should be done in a separate thread! This thread is for development only!
      Current status as of April 2019: Support for UEFI and DuetPkg (legacy) booting APFS and HFS+ compatibility ACPI patcher (adding, dropping, binary patching, relocation) Apple-compatible bless implementation DeviceProperties injection DataHub and SMBIOS generation Symbolic kext and kernel patcher Direct kext injection/patching/blocking within prelinkedkernel Installation/Recovery/FileVault 2 support  Configuration in config.plist with open documentation Simple boot picker for quick launch Direct boot from dmg images  
      Known defects live here.  
      For those, who are not familiar with the history, OpenCore is a project initially born in HermitCrabs Lab that unfortunately almost died before its birth. This release is both a rebirth and a complete rewrite of OpenCore, which brings a number of new ideas, and tries to preserve the smart moves incorporated by iNDi and his team. Other than that, I wish to express my deepest words of gratitude to Acidanthera and WWHC members: your participation was and remains the key for project success, and you are simply the best.
×