2,521 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 8:32 AM, NorthAmTrans said:

Used Debug and Target 67 (bit mask was fun to learn in the doc and with some google) and got my first boot log. Rad. Not sure that's the best value for that but it's what I landed on and seems to have given me a very descriptive log.

I see there's a ton of searching going on for my APFS volume. Should I be setting this so boot loader only sees my one APFS drive to avoid needless search and fail? 

Also this seems funny to me. Normal?

@maddie

Tagging you because you've been super helpful. I just moved OC off my flash drive. Very happy.

18:770 00:057 OC: OcLoadNvramSupport...
18:827 00:057 OC: Invalid nvram data
18:882 00:055 OC: Deleting NVRAM 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:UIScale - Not Found
18:939 00:056 OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:UIScale - Success

opencore-2019-08-13-222528.txt

Totally missed this. I think those warnings should be fine as long as you have working NVRAM. I think it's just being verbose telling you that the NVRAM->Add/Block sections in your config.plist are being parsed.

As for the APFS volume scanning, it's fine, don't worry about it.

Edited by maddie

Advertisement
11 hours ago, justin said:

cattyhouse is me. 

Is this your repo: https://github.com/cattyhouse/oc-guide

I'm so sorry: on my new Z390 Hack, I don't have Internet for the moment. I can't use this recovery internet method. What's a pity :cry: I've internet only by local sharing wifi/ethernet with my previous Hack (Ivybridge).

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Is this your repo: https://github.com/cattyhouse/oc-guide

I'm so sorry: on my new Z390 Hack, I don't have Internet for the moment. I can't use this recovery internet method. What's a pity :cry: I've internet only by local sharing wifi/ethernet with my previous Hack (Ivybridge).

Make USB installer from another mac system. Install OC Bootloader and boot from it. It's simple like that

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Make USB installer from another mac system. Install OC Bootloader and boot from it. It's simple like that

I know that. :)

But without internet connection on the new Z390 Hack, how I can install macOS with recovery method (dmg file)?

27 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I know that. :)

But without internet connection on the new Z390 Hack, how I can install macOS with recovery method (dmg file)?

If No internet, no way to install via Recovery method. 

9 minutes ago, justin said:

If No internet, no way to install via Recovery method. 

Do you think with InstallESD.dmg (extract from InstallmacOS.app), I can use OC USB to install Catalina :)

32 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you think with InstallESD.dmg (extract from InstallmacOS.app), I can use OC USB to install Catalina :)

What's the problem with createinstallmedia method?? Why would you try to do that??

38 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hahaha, you have "Install macOS Catalina Beta.app". Then just make installer with "createinstallmedia" method, then install OC bootloader to it. Boot and install.

What's problem with this???? :D

7 minutes ago, maddie said:

What's the problem with createinstallmedia method?? Why would you try to do that??

Because I can't install with createinstallmedia method

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Because I can't install with createinstallmedia method

What problem did you encounter when you use createinstallmedia method? I think I have yet to see you tell us what's going wrong with it.

OK, my bad. The pictures didn't load when I posted above. It's the Z390 rig in your signature? Can you post your OC EFI folder?

Edited by maddie

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Hahaha, you have "Install macOS Catalina Beta.app". Then just make installer with "createinstallmedia" method, then install OC bootloader to it. Boot and install.

What's problem with this???? :D

Because I can't install with createinstallmedia method. Just my opinion, there is a issue with DSDT or something else. I don't know. (Images below)

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190815171117119_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190815171144881_COVER.jpg

DSDT.aml.zip

EFI.zip

Edited by Matgen84
Add DSDT + EFI Folder

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Because I can't install with createinstallmedia method. Just my opinion, there is a issue with DSDT or something else. I don't know. (Images below)

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190815171117119_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190815171144881_COVER.jpg

DSDT.aml.zip

EFI.zip

This is not a OC issue. OC can in fact install macOS using the createinstallmedia method, if you can’t then it is something that you are doing to your config or ACPI tables that isn’t allowing it to boot. As per to OC docs, you should not be injecting a patched DSDT.

3 minutes ago, Pavo said:

This is not a OC issue. OC can in fact install macOS using the createinstallmedia method, if you can’t then it is something that you are doing to your config or ACPI tables that isn’t allowing it to boot. As per to OC docs, you should not be injecting a patched DSDT.

OK. Thanks.

I use OC USB drive to test OpenCore. I can boot on Catalina HD (CLOVER)

28 minutes ago, Pavo said:

DSDT is in OC structure in Configuration Docs. I don't understand. 

Capture d’écran 2019-08-15 à 18.08.21.png

13 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

DSDT is in OC structure in Configuration Docs. I don't understand. 

Capture d’écran 2019-08-15 à 18.08.21.png

Everything in gray background is optional, you don't need them to boot.

Just make sure that:

1. You have OpenCore correctly installed with above directory structure

2. You have config.plist configured correctly for your hardware, and BIOS settings too

3. Add appropriate EFI Drivers to Drivers folder, and kexts to Kexts folder, and add them into your config.plist

4 minutes ago, gengik84 said:

It's only example for efi's structure and it is not mandatory to use dsdt.

What do you means 'sorry for my bad english) about DSDT.

There is another issue now when I try to install via OC USB.

2.jpg

check your config in PlatformInfo...you have MP 5.1 (Mac-F221BEC8)  now and/or incorrect setting

Please read carefully configuration.pdf and check again yours configuration.

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What do you means 'sorry for my bad english) about DSDT.

There is another issue now when I try to install via OC USB.

2.jpg

As long as you didn't update your BIOS, just use patched DSDT that i have made.

Your problem above is about USB Limit, just enable limit XCH from your config.plist. Your another problem is SMBIOS,,, Mac-F221BEC8 is not supported by Catalina.

Posted (edited)

What is this??? DisableIOMapper in Booter? Did you really read doc to edit config.plist??. How can you blame it into patched DSDT????

This is the reason i always refuse to edit DSDT for someone, they change all configuration except DSDT then they blame it into DSDT if there is a mistake with his system

image.thumb.png.5135b4d1531f180ab54a8d95bf012c55.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

9 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

As long as you didn't update your BIOS, just use patched DSDT that i have made.

Your problem above is about USB Limit, just enable limit XCH from your config.plist. Your another problem is SMBIOS,,, Mac-F221BEC8 is not supported by Catalina.

I use your DSDT, enable Limit XCH from config.plist. I don't why SMBIOS is incorrect. Now I put Imac19,1

I don't blame your DSDT. :)  I'm just trying to learn, understand what I'm doing with this new bootloader. Even if I make mistakes.

I can launch macOS Utilities and try to install Catalina (tomorrow morning).

Hi guys!

Question about the latest official VirtualSMC version 1.0.7.

As soon as a change from version 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 and reboot my hack won't boot to Desktop. It will show Apple logo with boot-progress but after 10 seconds or so my screen goes black and stays black, can't remote login nada. Even after several minutes still black screen.

The exact same config except change back to VirtualSMC 1.0.6 from power on to Desktop in about 25 seconds.

This is on Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A526h), latest official OC 0.04 and drivers and kexts.

I didn't see anything on the VirtualSMC Github that anything have to be adjusted in config.plist but I have the feeling that VirtualSMC 1.0.7 on my system isn't loading and I don't get why.

Any clues? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I use your DSDT, enable Limit XCH from config.plist. I don't why SMBIOS is incorrect. Now I put Imac19,1

I don't blame your DSDT. :)  I'm just trying to learn, understand what I'm doing with this new bootloader. Even if I make mistakes.

I can launch macOS Utilities and try to install Catalina (tomorrow morning).

it's better for you to delete DSDT if you don't understand how to edit config.plist. You only blame the patched DSDT. DSDT + Config.plist is a couple. If you put wrong config.plist for DSDT then it will break your system.