2,463 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, arsradu said:
Drivers, drivers, drivers.

Try to use AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsXAptioFix3Drv.efi from Clover.

As a matter of fact, I can't boot with default OC drivers (AppleSupportPkg). Getting stuck just like you do (including with the new FWRuntimeServices.efi). But I can boot no problem with my old Clover drivers.

If it helps, here's what I'm currently using with OpenCore.
Drivers.zip

It's not about drivers, his problem is solved. I have sent him new configuration. Check post above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Advertisement

Anyone can help?

I'm on a Dell 5570 and I cannot boot on High Sierra and Catalina.

It just hangs on boot picker.

Thanks in advance.

OC.zip

6 hours ago, maxb2000 said:

On my configuration the VooDooI2C kexts aren't loading or working with Open Core, the rest of the kexts are fine except for these two: 

VooDooI2C and VooDooI2CHID

Anybody knows how can I debug this? 

Order of kext matters.

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 1.40.49 PM.png

3 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It's not about drivers, his problem is solved. I have sent him new configuration. Check post above

Oh, yeah. I've missed that. :) 

1 hour ago, onemanOSX said:

Order of kext matters.

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 1.40.49 PM.png

I did know that but I forgot to put the plugins ! Thanks !

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, Andres ZeroCross said:

Remember this, typo 1 character, wrong class plist (string, bolean, data, dictionary or other) can make error parsing of config.plist.

You must learn / know for every enable / disable options in your config.plist.

There is no similar "Clover Configurator.app" for OpenCore yet, so manual edit of config.plist must be very carefully

Very strange issue: yesterday all works fine (thanks for your OC Config.plist). Today, I can't boot: stuck at OpenCore Boot Menu :cry:

Edited by Matgen84

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Very strange issue: yesterday all works fine (thanks for your OC Config.plist). Today, I can't boot: stuck at OpenCore Boot Menu :cry:

It mean you have changed configuration or BIOS setting

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It mean you have changed configuration or BIOS setting

No change at all. The same USB Drive for test

EDIT: reinstall Catalina Beta 5 on Volumes/Catalina. July update on Windows 10 HDD.

Edited by Matgen84

Posted (edited)

hello , i find one issue related to "About this Mac" -> Memory tab missing...

Asus X299 Deluxe II

i9-9920X

iMacPro 1,1

if PlatformInfo - Automatic set to "NO", then Memory tab will disappear from "About this Mac".

not sure what caused this issue.

111.thumb.png.e2cd017e6a26f6268167551d2c59bf09.png

Edited by iTTT

15 hours ago, dracoflar said:

Well there's a couple issues:

- Your ACPI patches are all using Count = 1, this is very bad as it'll only apply to the first instance and your shouldn't be doing ACPI patches regardless with OpenCore. Look at the sample AcpiSamples folder

- EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 are not needed for Skylake+ systems

- GFX0 to IGPU is handled by WhateverGreen already

- Most if not all your ACPI patches are irrelevant, I'm not going to continue critiquing them 

- csr-active-config is a Data value, NOT STRING

- Why are you using Booter quirks if you're not using FwRuntimeServices.efi?

Critiques are welcome. It looks like I needed to update my knowledge on what I was using and why in Clover first. This was actually quite helpful so thank you.

I'm starting back with a cleaned up build. If you've got the time to double check these below I'd be most grateful!

My only patches are: EC0 to EC and _DSM to XDSM. In the thought of not having any patches at all, how would you recommend implementing these? This might seem elementary to you so forgive me in advance.

I also have 2 boot args: nvdisable_1 dart=0.

Im guessing with dart=0 it's unnecessary. I have VTD enabled in bios so it's redundant to kill it with that, correct? If not I could just turn if off in bios. Not even sure why I have it on. Parallels maybe?

With nvdisable_1, if I'm reading it right, it disables Nvidia drivers. Do you know if those are killed anyways by Whatevergreen?

I've also filled in device properties as well while adding my audio device and layout ID to simplify things when moving to Opencore.

Thanks in advance

20 minutes ago, NorthAmTrans said:

Critiques are welcome. It looks like I needed to update my knowledge on what I was using and why in Clover first. This was actually quite helpful so thank you.

I'm starting back with a cleaned up build. If you've got the time to double check these below I'd be most grateful!

My only patches are: EC0 to EC and _DSM to XDSM. In the thought of not having any patches at all, how would you recommend implementing these? This might seem elementary to you so forgive me in advance.

I also have 2 boot args: nvdisable_1 dart=0.

Im guessing with dart=0 it's unnecessary. I have VTD enabled in bios so it's redundant to kill it with that, correct? If not I could just turn if off in bios. Not even sure why I have it on. Parallels maybe?

With nvdisable_1, if I'm reading it right, it disables Nvidia drivers. Do you know if those are killed anyways by Whatevergreen?

I've also filled in device properties as well while adding my audio device and layout ID to simplify things when moving to Opencore.

Thanks in advance

So I'll be basing the following off this hardware: Asus Prime z370a 1, 8700, rx580, Mojave 10.14.6

EC0 to EC:

This can be implemented with the SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl

_DSM to XDSM:

Your hardware shouldn't need this

nvdisable_1:

Remove entirely, not needed as you're running an AMD GPU

dart=0:

You can keep this and set the quirk DisableIOmapper to YES, this will allow you to use VT-D and run VMs

If you're wanting a more step by step guide, you can look at this guide: OpenCore vanilla Desktop Guide

10 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Anyone know if there is away to set cpu-type in OpenCore?

PlatformInfo -> SMBIOS -> ProcessorType

11 hours ago, matgeo said:

Anyone can help?

I'm on a Dell 5570 and I cannot boot on High Sierra and Catalina.

It just hangs on boot picker.

Thanks in advance.

OC.zip

Anyone?

How can I create a log with opencore to see if I have any errors?

2 hours ago, dracoflar said:

So I'll be basing the following off this hardware: Asus Prime z370a 1, 8700, rx580, Mojave 10.14.6

EC0 to EC:

This can be implemented with the SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl

_DSM to XDSM:

Your hardware shouldn't need this

nvdisable_1:

Remove entirely, not needed as you're running an AMD GPU

dart=0:

You can keep this and set the quirk DisableIOmapper to YES, this will allow you to use VT-D and run VMs

If you're wanting a more step by step guide, you can look at this guide: OpenCore vanilla Desktop Guide

Thank you very much.

I'll get on figuring out the SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl. I currently have a SSDT-EC.aml that works if I have EC0>EC patched. Looking forward to simplifying that.

Without _DSM>XDSM I lose my X86 platform and AGPM power management. Im wondering if there's another way I'm unaware of.

Disabled nvdisable_1.

Once I figure out these loose ends I'll go back to the guide you sent and will DEFINITELY have some questions about "schema" and SMBIOS. 

25 minutes ago, NorthAmTrans said:

Without _DSM>XDSM I lose my X86 platform and AGPM power management. Im wondering if there's another way I'm unaware of.

SSDT-PLUG

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

use debug version

Ok, If I want to save the log on the early booting screen to .txt on mac os x or efi folder, How can do this

2 minutes ago, stinga11 said:

Ok, If I want to save the log on the early booting screen to .txt on mac os x or efi folder, How can do this

set like so then a log will be place on the ESP along side of the efi folder

image.thumb.png.7f504bd1a9f092f5853d88d930f61087.png

any idea how to remove as i see it just before the picker

image.png.a7fcabd9f6b7201e01c94eb398e5d73f.png

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Not sure if it's because I haven't moved to OC yet but I can't get that one to work. This still requires DSM as well.

Perhaps I'm saving it wrong. I have extension ".aml"

Side note, without EC0>EC I can you use SSDT-EC.aml to get EC to show up, however in IOreg I have both EC and EC0 loaded. I don't have a 19,2 IOreg to compare to but if memory serves it's supposed to only be EC, right?

Edited by NorthAmTrans
new info

13 minutes ago, NorthAmTrans said:

Not sure if it's because I haven't moved to OC yet but I can't get that one to work. This still requires DSM as well.

Side note, without EC0>EC I can you use SSDT-EC.aml to get EC to show up, however in IOreg I have both EC and EC0 loaded. I don't have a 19,2 IOreg to compare to but if memory serves it's supposed to only be EC, right?

When using SSDT-PLUG, you need to  know where your CPU is located in DSDT, is it PR00 or something else? Check it with MaciAsl.app. 

When using SSDT-EC.aml, it means you are going to Fake a EC device or Rename EC0 to EC, but not both, check the content of that aml.