1,547 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, maddie said:

About the aforementioned supplemental update problem, my Z370 rig updates just fine, but my another Z97 rig also fails, boots into Apple logo with progress bar, hangs at about 1/3 of the progress and reboots. So this makes 2 out of 3 of my hacks fail to install the update (one Asrock Deskmini 310 with i7-8700 and UHD 630, one Z97 rig with i7-4790K and RX580)

Just compiled the latest OpenCore and its components from the repository, and updated the configuration according to the latest Configuration.pdf and SampleFull.plist (also comments in OcAppleBootCompatLib.h from OcSupportPkg for the Booter section), then tried again.

This time:

1. In normal boot (not booting into update installer), OpenCore menu just stays on screen for a while, then suddenly the Apple logo with an almost done progress bar shows up (second stage?) and went into login screen in a second

2. Now I'm able to select both update installer (macOS Installer) and macOS itself (wasn't able to when I was using the older build, only macOS Installer shows up if I selected "Restart to update" in the OS)

3. Selecting "macOS Installer", OpenCore menu also stays on screen for a while, then reboots

Attached is my config.plist for my Z97 rig with board info redacted. Am I doing anything wrong?

config.plist

If you have used the latest compiled version of Opencore, there have been some changes as to how it works, Booter has been added to config with no documentation yet. also, Aptio has been merged into AppleSupport. so it's probably best to stick to release version until the documentation is updated.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, MacFriedIntel said:

If you have used the latest compiled version of Opencore, there have been some changes as to how it works, Booter has been added to config with no documentation yet. also, Aptio has been merged into AppleSupport. so it's probably best to stick to release version until the documentation is updated.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I found some comments regarding the Booter section, so I think it should be fine. Also, I'm aware that Aptio has been merged into AppleSupport. I'm booted into macOS just fine with the HEAD version, it's just the supplemental update that can't run properly.

56 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Andres ZeroCross There is no way to hide detected entries and we do not see any reason to implement such

No problem,, I shouldn't use custom entry because i have use separated disk for each Operating System. Every disk have own EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi. So actually i don't need use those features.
I just want to change entry name instead default ones, i just need to use ._contentDetails files to edit entry name. Thanks again

IMG_068EF6F3936F-1.jpeg

6 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Still get smooth booting with latest OpenCore Bootloader and new drivers :)

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 15.33.08.png

Do you see Apple Logo after choosing macOS boot entry? I don't see it, it straightly booted into the second stage (where AMD GPU screen flashes happens) and login shows. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, justin said:

Do you see Apple Logo after choosing macOS boot entry? I don't see it, it straightly booted into the second stage (where AMD GPU screen flashes happens) and login shows. 

ConsoleControl=true

ProvideConsoleGop=true

Edited by vandroiy2012

There is no strange issue, just like before. Try @vandroiy2012 solution above

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

ConsoleControl=true

ProvideConsoleGop=true

Hey thanks. ConsoleControl has been true since the first try :) I was always able to see Apple Logo until I, one hour ago, compiled and updated my EFI with opencore-version  REL-004-2019-08-06, of cause I replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi  and VariableRuntimeDxe.efi with FwRuntimeServices.efi, also added Booter/Quiks with SetupAppleMap=YES, SetupAppleSlide=YES (which was default from samplefull.plist)

Adding ProvideConsoleGop=true does not help. Adding this works, Sorry i forgot to save config.plist before restarting. 

By the way, the boot time seems longer than before :) but this does not bother me. 

Edited by justin

Posted (edited)

Hey thanks. ConsoleControl has been true since the first try :) I was always able to see Apple Logo until I, one hour ago, compiled and updated my EFI with opencore-version  REL-004-2019-08-06, of cause I replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi  and VariableRuntimeDxe.efi with FwRuntimeServices.efi, also added Booter/Quiks with SetupAppleMap=YES, SetupAppleSlide=YES (which was default from samplefull.plist)

Adding ProvideConsoleGop=true does not help. 

Same setup as above and working Apple logo, though with wrong resolution but that is normal without a nvram reseat for me. 542208693_Screenshot2019-08-06at17_23_29.thumb.png.91361d4926bef13e05678eeee5be018a.png

Edited by obus

1 minute ago, obus said:

S542208693_Screenshot2019-08-06at17_23_29.thumb.png.91361d4926bef13e05678eeee5be018a.pngame setup as above and working Apple logo, though with wrong resolution but that is normal without a nvram reseat for me. 

Thanks, i edited my post, i forgot to save before restarting, adding ProvideConsoleGop=true worked for me. thanks for your info also. 

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I just want to change entry name instead default ones, i just need to use ._contentDetails files to edit entry name. Thanks again

Still not able to set default boot entry? in your example, you'll boot into Windows if no choice made. 

Hi Guys

Still get smooth booting with latest OpenCore Bootloader 0.0.4 and new drivers :D I don't find VariableRuntime.efi :cry: Where is it?

AppleALC don't load at the beginning, now all is OK.

Question: how to use USB port limit patch in Opencore config.plist?

Special thanks to @Andres ZeroCross Clover DSDT for Z390 Aorus Master works fine. Need more test.

Capture d’écran 2019-08-06 à 19.15.48.png

28 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Now it FwRuntimeServices.efi

With this one replacing VariableRuntimeDxe.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi, and with SetupAppleMap=YES, SetupAppleSlide=YES, i'm able to boot smoothly, but shutdown turns reboot, sleep does not work. If SetupAppleMap=NO, SetupAppleSlide=NO, shutdown and sleep both works, but on boot menu, if i let it choose automatically, there will be a "timeout" message , wait for a while it boots into macOS login windows directly. Guessing  i'm waiting for docs to explain the Booter/Quirks. 

2 hours ago, justin said:

Still not able to set default boot entry? in your example, you'll boot into Windows if no choice made. 

Just go to system preferences, and go to startup disk. Select disk and restart,, it will be your default disk

40 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Now it FwRuntimeServices.efi

Thanks for the informati0n,, i just deleted VariableRuntime.efi from my drivers. I tested in windows, Sleep and Restart are still working in Windows (NVRAM Problem before). I need this file (from @vit9696) before to fix my NVRAM in Windows 

57 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Guys

Still get smooth booting with latest OpenCore Bootloader 0.0.4 and new drivers :D I don't find VariableRuntime.efi :cry: Where is it?

AppleALC don't load at the beginning, now all is OK.

Question: how to use USB port limit patch in Opencore config.plist?

Special thanks to @Andres ZeroCross Clover DSDT for Z390 Aorus Master works fine. Need more test.

Capture d’écran 2019-08-06 à 19.15.48.png

Just set YES to this options to enable "Unlock limit patch",, it's in Kernel -> Quirks

image.png

Posted (edited)

@justin

@Andres ZeroCross

I have a z390 rig too. With the new driver system I have also found that if  SetupAppleMap=NO and SetupAppleSlide=NO, shutdown and sleep both work without the need for VariableRuntimeDxe.efi. This is a step forward :) but without VariableRuntimeDxe.efi I still don't get persistent NVRAM across boots. Have either of you managed to get NVRAM working on z390 without the VariableRuntimeDxe driver and NVRAM > LegacyEnable set to YES?

Edited by dgsga

17 minutes ago, dgsga said:

LegacyEnable set to YES?

Set this option = YES  requires LogoutHook.command to be installed. But i'm not able to get boot-path variable with FwRuntimeServices.efi, thus the LogoutHook.command will fail to find EFI partition automatically. 

Can't select startup disk in OC boot menu manually. Boots fine with default disk but as soon as I change boot disk manually everything seems to hang and I need to do a reset. 

10 minutes ago, justin said:

Set this option = YES  requires LogoutHook.command to be installed. But i'm not able to get boot-path variable with FwRuntimeServices.efi, thus the LogoutHook.command will fail to find EFI partition automatically. 

Me neither, that's why I still need to use the VariableRuntimeDxe driver even though shutdown/restart/sleep now work without it... It's confusing.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:17 AM, Pavo said:

This is your issue:

VldcfLA.png

As the documentation says, you should not do ACPI table renames in config. You should use SSDTs.

Test this EFI

EFI.zip

working thank you!

i see diff configs

15 hours ago, maddie said:

In normal boot (not booting into update installer), OpenCore menu just stays on screen for a while, then suddenly the Apple logo with an almost done progress bar shows up (second stage?) and went into login screen in a second

B360M here, exactly same.