1,003 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

You've USBMap and USBPower kexts. Arent they doing similar things? You've had XHCI-unsupported enabled but not USBInjectall. Isnt these kexts supposed to work together? No. I had not checked other settings in your plist yet.

Why did he need XHCIUnsupported.kext?? Are you sure his XHC Device id is not supported by macOS???? AFAIK, most of XHC device id of Kabylake notebook is native supported by macOS. No need XHCIUnsupported.kext. USBInjectAll.kext will work as long as there is XHC, EH01, EH02 not XHC1, EHC1 or EHC2.

Advertisement
22 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

I removed Custom ACPI at the beginning of 0.0.3. XHC just will not work once i updated to 0.0.4. All my kexts are updated. Here is my config (Dell XPS 9560 laptop).     

theConfig.zip

Too many USB Kext and USB Seting in your configuration :D

24 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

I removed Custom ACPI at the beginning of 0.0.3. XHC just will not work once i updated to 0.0.4. All my kexts are updated. Here is my config (Dell XPS 9560 laptop).     

theConfig.zip

Can you try this please??? Reboot and upload your IOREG Output

config.plist

I had been trying everything involving XHC  to get XHC to work in different configurations -- enabling and disabling kexts thats why you see XHCIUnsupported.kext. Tips i've gotten so far, are to compress my ssdts into one big one and all i need to do is enable Usbinjectall, minimize kexts. OK, now uploading ioreg. 

Just now, nytr0 said:

I had been trying everything involving XHC  to get XHC to work in different configurations -- enabling and disabling kexts thats why you see XHCIUnsupported.kext. Tips i've gotten so far, are to compress my ssdts into one big one and all i need to do is enable Usbinjectall, minimize kexts. OK, now uploading ioreg. 

I will help,, but try config.plist above. Reboot and upload IOREG Outputt

15 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

here's the ioreg from that config 

ioreg.ioreg

Something wrong with your SMBIOS,, i will check again your config.plist
image.png.b67fa1922b799908d0d39378ebb46b64.png

17 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

here's the ioreg from that config 

ioreg.ioreg

Use this,, make sure you have used latest commit of OpenCore from Github.

Reboot and upload your IOREG again

config.plist

automatic or iMac18,1 worked fine in 0.0.3. I recently changed smbios to macbook pro in 0.0.4 because neither worked for xhc in 0.0.4 and macbook pro doesn't work either in loading xhc.

2 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

automatic or iMac18,1 worked fine in 0.0.3. I recently changed smbios to macbook pro in 0.0.4 because neither worked for xhc in 0.0.4 and macbook pro doesn't work either in loading xhc.

Can you just try my config.plist above and upload IOREG. It's about CustomSMBIOSGUID, and other lines. Just try and upload IOREG

OMG IT WORKS! but it won't let me upload more than 10MB for the ioreg

Just now, nytr0 said:

OMG IT WORKS! but it won't let me upload more than 10MB for the ioreg

Ofcourse it will work,, use IOREG 2.1 for small size. I will make custom SSDT for custom port. so you will get more 1 ssdt again. LoL

@nytr0 Why did you not read every WORD of the OpenCore configuration.pdf before trying it? Your orig config was utterly dumb to me, there are so many misconfigurations. READ THE OPENCORE MANUAL PLEASE instead of flooding here. 

4 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

Justin is right,, there are many misconfiguration and unused ACPI Patch in your configuration. Rename ACPI Device is not good at all. It can cause problem to other operating system if you boot with it. But for now, i thought this is enough for your XHC. Try to make simple SSDT for your acpi, avoid renaming device of ACPI. If you need to add new device to ACPI, try to use _STA with If _OSI Darwin. SSDT-EC.dsl in OpenCorePkg/Doc/ACPISample can be your light.

Sorry for bad english

image.thumb.png.4b6366cf3722b6fa3d4d988295266ff8.png

Thank you for taking this time to help me, I didn't mean for it to take up so much time, i do appreciate u fixing the xhc. I've been through the manual several times, ssdt has never been my strong suit, though i did pretty well with decompiling and extending dsdt in clover, it didnt work out to well for me in Opencore. It is a different beast. Justin is right. The manual was misinterpreted by me also. I will take your tips and fix up my OC.  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

The manual was misinterpreted by me also.

it's not just the manual, if a aml, kext, efi is being used, you need to know what it does to your computer.

e.g. there is "-lilubetaall -wegbeta" in the boot arg, this indicates that you did not read the documents of Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext. 

e.g. there is AptioInputFix.efi in the UEFI/Drivers/ but without VirtualSMC.efi and AppleUiSupoort.efi, this indicate you did not know what this efi does, and you did not know where it comes from.

e.g. UISCale is set to 10? did you really read through the OpenCore manual many times? 

e.g. You configured 33 SSDT-*.aml and  25 kexts, did you know what they are used for?

OpenCore is a very good piece of software, don't ruin it :)

Edited by justin

Yes I know what each kext is used for and each ssdt. I went wrong by moving my clover files into Opencore. It worked fine until 0.0.4. It was wrong, yet it worked. Didn't read every WORD of the manuel. I was sure i had it right. DUMB on my part.  I will do that from the beginning, cause i want my system right. Opencore is an awesome piece of software like you said.  

6 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It's look i have give some wrong information before,, so i re-write the conditions of issue.

Conditions :
1. I have 2 patch for Orinoco and Salado Framebuffer in config.plist

Issue :
1. With or Without enable patch while using Orinoco Framebuffer, i still can get normal screen and dual screen capability in Mojave and Catalina DP 3 (actually because Orinoco have 2 HDMI Connector as default so i will not get reddish image)

2. Without enable Patch (Enable = No) while using Salado Framebuffer, i will get Reddish image and unable dual screen in Mojave and Catalina

3. With Enable Patch (Enable = Yes) while using Salado Framebuffer, i will get normal screen and dual screen capability in Mojave, but not in Catalina. Init Failure in Catalina.

The error means that AMD9500Controller.kext is not present in /System/Library/Prelinkedkernels/prelinkedkernel. We can inspect it for OpenCore issues. To do this we will need you to:

— start your system to UEFI Shell (without OpenCore)

— copy this file through UEFI shell to some other place

— boot OpenCore from UEFI Shell

— boot macOS from OpenCore

— confirm that the issues persists

— upload prelinkedkernel somewhere

23 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

The error means that AMD9500Controller.kext is not present in /System/Library/Prelinkedkernels/prelinkedkernel. We can inspect it for OpenCore issues. To do this we will need you to:

Is this same like this

1. I enter Clover UEFI Shell,, then i copy Prelinkedkernel to other place
2. I reboot My PC and boot to openCore, 
3. I select macOS caalina
4. Check about the issue
5. Upload prelinkedkernel (point 1)

41 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Before i make test,, please take a look at this picture. Prelinkedkernel show date number 3 July 20119, now is 12 July 2019. Is it ok?? Does prelinkedkernel must be updated?image.thumb.png.4d3b2ca514831c72eeb2e58af3ced8ef.png

Posted (edited)

Generally that's fine. It should not change unless /S/L/E kexts change.

I reboot My PC and boot to openCore, 

Do not do that. Please boot straight to UEFI Shell (add it as EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi) then load OpenCore. I have a suspect that EFI file system drivers are faulty, so better not to reboot.

Edited by vit9696

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Generally that's fine. It should not change unless /S/L/E kexts change.

I reboot My PC and boot to openCore, 

Do not do that. Please boot straight to UEFI Shell (add it as EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi) then load OpenCore. I have a suspect that EFI file system drivers are faulty, so better not to reboot.

I have add this entry in my BIOS to BOOX64.efi of OpenCore (EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi). 

Ok, i got it, i will send report ASAP

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

Nice Logo in OpenCore github.

I agree. It's a clean, simple and clever design. Good work.

EDIT: The vector in the PDF has some superfluous points which if removed would make the file simpler.

extra_points.thumb.png.719259cfd7b60cc80d638c093cb0d7f9.png

Edited by blackosx