1,003 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, justin said:

set Target=3, DisplayLevel=2147483714 , you will see some debug messages on the screen, take a picture and upload here.

Nothing shows up to capture , only apple logo then immediately reboots 

config.plist

Advertisement

Are you sure that the GFX0 device is only on DSDT?
Check your Acpi.. however change GFX0 to IGPU it is not necessary, WEG already does this.

PlatformInfo/Automatic=YES: use only "Generic" in this case.

RequestBootVarRouting --> YES

Please read carefully Configuration.pdf

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, zkingtut said:

Nothing shows up to capture , only apple logo then immediately reboots 

config.plist

as mentioned above, "Lilu has to be the first". do not use slide=0. Fixed for you, try this one

config.plist

Note: Why "Lilu has to be the first"? 

Lilu is a dependency of VirtualSMC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and many others, while VirtualSMC.kext is a mandatory kext for Hackintosh, if Lilu was not loaded in the first place, VirtualSMC won't load correctly. 

Edited by justin

4 minutes ago, justin said:

as mentioned above, "Lilu has to be the first". do not use slide=0. Fixed for you, try this one

config.plist

I've tried that before to make Lilu the first; and removed all boot args and I got the same result

Anyway , I am going to try your modified plist , if doesn't work I will keep using clover bootloader with laptop 

Thx 

what are the differences in  0.0.4. Has the layout changed at all?

1 minute ago, nytr0 said:

what are the differences in  0.0.4. Has the layout changed at all?

No difference at the moment, just a new tag for the next chapter. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, justin said:

config.plist

I'm sorry . It doesn't work.  Same result 

I will keep using clover at the moment, keeping eyes on OC development in the future releases

Thx

Edited by zkingtut

5 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Nice Logo in OpenCore github.

Just curious,,, Would OpenCore's team make a GUI for OpenCore Bootloader??? :D

That can be taken into account WITH LOWEST PRIORITY. ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PMheart said:

That can be taken into account WITH LOWEST PRIORITY. ;)

May i ask something?
image.png.42ca1c74c6100d75173d1585e82ed544.png

There is log about init failur kernel patcher to com.apple.kextAMD9500Controller.kext. I have set binary patch for AMD9500Controller.kext. I have used Orinoco FB Name. Why is it fail??

But, binary is succesfull patched. I can use dual monitor with Orinoco and no Reddish Screen image (if i don't patch binary, the monitor screen be reddish and can't use dual monitor). So is this about another thing??

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

May i ask something?

There is log about init failur kernel patcher to com.apple.kextAMD9500Controller.kext. I have set binary patch for AMD9500Controller.kext. I have used Orinoco FB Name. Why is it fail??

But, binary is succesfull patched. I can use dual monitor with Orinoco and no Reddish Screen image (if i don't patch binary, the monitor screen be reddish and can't use dual monitor). So is this about another thing??

Maybe you applied it as a "kernel patch"? I don't know much either to be honest, it's not me who wrote this code.

The reason why you managed to patch it anyway is that a "kernel patch" applies to the whole kernel cache, which contains your AMD9500Controller.

CORRECT ME IF WRONG!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Maybe you applied it as a "kernel patch"? I don't know much either to be honest, it's not me who wrote this code.

The reason why you managed to patch it anyway is that a "kernel patch" applies to the whole kernel cache, which contains your AMD9500Controller.

CORRECT ME IF WRONG!

Yes but why the log said "init failure"?? In fact, binary patch is succesful

I am using Orinoco FB name, 

image.png.8c7c3ccac50429ffea0dcc1344cba247.png
image.thumb.png.37f1243c2221b1d8fbf4524363b11b1a.png

14 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Yes but why the log said "init failure"?? In fact, binary patch is succesful

I am using Orinoco FB name, 

image.png.8c7c3ccac50429ffea0dcc1344cba247.png
image.thumb.png.37f1243c2221b1d8fbf4524363b11b1a.png

Hmm, that looks weird as you seem to be applying the patch correctly...

Better to ask developers instead.

15 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Hmm, that looks weird as you seem to be applying the patch correctly...

Better to ask developers instead.

The issue is only in the log. Patch is succesfull anyway,, i can use 2 monitor and no reddish screen with Orinoco. Just curious about the log

4 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

May i ask something?

I added successful patch init to the log in d0504e6. Please redo the log, send it here, and also attach your config.

I am quite unwilling to investigate it thoroughly if it works, but let me look at least.

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

I added successful patch init to the log in d0504e6. Please redo the log, send it here, and also attach your config.

I am quite unwilling to investigate it thoroughly if it works, but let me look at least.

It's look i have give some wrong information before,, so i re-write the conditions of issue.

Conditions :
1. I have 2 patch for Orinoco and Salado Framebuffer in config.plist

Issue :
1. With or Without enable patch while using Orinoco Framebuffer, i still can get normal screen and dual screen capability in Mojave and Catalina DP 3 (actually because Orinoco have 2 HDMI Connector as default so i will not get reddish image)

2. Without enable Patch (Enable = No) while using Salado Framebuffer, i will get Reddish image and unable dual screen in Mojave and Catalina

3. With Enable Patch (Enable = Yes) while using Salado Framebuffer, i will get normal screen and dual screen capability in Mojave, but not in Catalina. Init Failure in Catalina.

Note : I don't set match kernel anyway, and the binary of Find still can be founded in AMD9500Controller.kext of Catalina. If Salado or Orinoco didn't use this binary again in Catalina then i thought Patching still successfull because binary still there (but not in log)

I attach config.plist, Picture of reddish image (Salado Framebuffer in Catalina), Picture of normal Screen (Salado Framebuffer in Mojave) and log when boot to catalina.

Anyways sorry for bad english, Thanks very much

IMG_3309.png

IMG_3310.png

opencore.log

config.plist

@Andres ZeroCross Why are you using named framebuffer? It's nonsense. Radeon cards in hackintosh must use default "automated" RadeonFramebuffer. With help of WhateverGreen. 

I also have RX 580 cards in several my PC's and i don't have any problems with reddish image or two monitor configurations. 

Read WhateverGreen FAQ. There are a lot of info why you shouldn't use named framebuffer at all!!!

You create problems by yourself mostly:)         

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

@Andres ZeroCross Why are you using named framebuffer? It's nonsense. Radeon cards in hackintosh must use default "automated" RadeonFramebuffer. With help of WhateverGreen. 

I also have RX 580 cards in several my PC's and i don't have any problems with reddish image or two monitor configurations. 

Read WhateverGreen FAQ. There are a lot of info why you shouldn't use named framebuffer at all!!!

You create problems by yourself mostly:)         

Yes, you're right. SOmetimes i like to try the "old way" method :)

The problem is about binary / kernel patch in Catalina :)

Because AFAIK, this method still useful for Radeon R7 250/250X to set custom port with certain FB Name.

Posted (edited)

7 days of working trying to get XHC working so i can use my mouse,usb ports, or bluetooth in 0.0.4 to no avail. It was working fine in the previous version, now it won't even load the ports in ioreg, yet loads them in hackintools on my laptop. If the layout of Opencore hasn't changed , this should work, why hasn't it? what changed? how can this be fixed?  

Edited by nytr0

3 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

7 days of working trying to get XHC working so i can use my mouse,usb ports, or bluetooth in 0.0.4 to no avail. It was working fine in the previous version, now it won't even load the ports in ioreg on my laptop. If the layout of Opencore hasn't changed , this should work, but it hasn't.  

All XHC is working here with lates commit 0.0.4

What's your problem with current 0.0.4 Opencore?

19 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

7 days of working trying to get XHC working so i can use my mouse,usb ports, or bluetooth in 0.0.4 to no avail. It was working fine in the previous version, now it won't even load the ports in ioreg, yet loads them in hackintools on my laptop. If the layout of Opencore hasn't changed , this should work, why hasn't it? what changed? how can this be fixed?  

Reading your posts recently intrigued me to download v0.0.4.

Happy to report I experienced no issues with XHC for both of my laptop and desktop (nor issues with BRCM bluetooth).

Posted (edited)

I removed Custom ACPI at the beginning of 0.0.3. XHC just will not work once i updated to 0.0.4. All my kexts are updated. Here is my config (Dell XPS 9560 laptop).     

theConfig.zip

Edited by nytr0

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

I removed Custom ACPI at the beginning of 0.0.3. XHC just will not work. All my kexts are updated. Here is my config (minus kexts for size).     

theConfig.zip

What????  you should joint all this SSDT into single SSDT. It will need time to read each SSDT and check compatible from one to another one SSDT.

Another thing is, i don't see any EC device in your configurations. Are you sure your embedded control device is ECDV?? not EC0?? Because i just see you have renamed EC0 to EC.

I am pretty sure with your current configuration you will get more trouble in windows or other OS when boot with OpenCore Bootloader

image.thumb.png.074cf62c656e4091b9b2ddabc513d72b.png

6 minutes ago, nytr0 said:

I removed Custom ACPI at the beginning of 0.0.3. XHC just will not work once i updated to 0.0.4. All my kexts are updated. Here is my config (Dell XPS 9560 laptop).     

theConfig.zip

You've USBMap and USBPower kexts. Arent they doing similar things? You've had XHCI-unsupported enabled but not USBInjectall. Isnt these kexts supposed to work together? No. I had not checked other settings in your plist yet.