988 posts in this topic

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

EDIT4: @Shaneee A workaround has been pushed, the plugin now links successfully.

Great. Testing and working, thanks.

1 hour ago, xtddd said:

@Download-Fritz i can boot into macos10.14.5 and macos 10.15 beta by oc-0.0.2 version.. but it failed by oc-0.0.3 version in my rig.

Did you change your EFI folder structure to adhere to the new OC folder structure? Did you change your config structure to adhere to OC new config structure? If you didn't do both of these, OC will not boot.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Did you change your EFI folder structure to adhere to the new OC folder structure? Did you change your config structure to adhere to OC new config structure? If you didn't do both of these, OC will not boot.

thank you. i boot into macos....but xcpm broked in the version0.0.3,,

Edited by xtddd

Posted (edited)

Can't inject Ethernet kext intelMausiEthernet.kext and SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. Both newest available versions. 

When booting with ExecutablePath enabled no ethernet driver injected.

When booting without ExecutablePath in config my rig is crashing with error something like "trying to restart Mach boot" or something similar.

Any ideas? 

IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip

SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext.zip

Edited by obus

1 minute ago, obus said:

Can't inject Ethernet kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext and SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. Both newest available versions. 

When booting with ExecutablePath enabled no ethernet driver injected.

When booting without ExecutablePath in config my rig is crashing with error something like "trying to restart Mach boot" or something similar.

Any ideas? 

IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip

SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext.zip

Without seeing your config, don't think there is anything anyone can do.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Without seeing your config, don't think there is anything anyone can do.

Here we go!

config.plist

This is for my GA Z270 UD rig.

Edited by obus

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, obus said:

Here we go!

config.plist

Contents/MacOS/ ....

e.g. Contents/WhateverGreen should be Contents/MacOS/WhateverGreen

right click your kext to show it's content, you'll know why.

check all your config.plist/Kernel/Add, there are so many misconfiguration. 

Edited by justin

12 minutes ago, obus said:

Here we go!

config.plist

This is for my GA Z270 UD rig.

You are not adding the right stuff in those at all. You are also missing almost all the Protocols in the UEFI section.

9 minutes ago, justin said:

Contents/MacOS/ ....

e.g. Contents/WhateverGreen should be Contents/MacOS/WhateverGreen

right click your kext to show it's content, you'll know why.

check all your config.plist/Kernel/Add, there are so many misconfiguration. 

As @justin said you need to check inside the kext and adhere to structures defined and add those inside the config. 

@obus

As @Pavo said, your config.plist almost corrupted, it's totally not correct, i suggest

1. download the latest opencore v0.03 at https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

2. read the https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf and

3. configure based on https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/SampleFull.plist 

i did this step the first time i was trying OpenCore, i took 1 hour to read the pdf, another 30mins to configure everything, and succeed with just one shot, i never had any issue with OpenCore

I would suggest anyone who have issues to follow the steps. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@nytr0 BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads/ link just fine here

EDIT: Not Catalina, just to be sure

I've added Catalina support to my fork here (which also requires BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext for native driver injection) but @nytr0 is getting "Prelink injection BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - Invalid Parameter"

Edited by headkaze

Maybe this is out of topic, but maybe will be usefull for dev of OC / Kexts

In Catalina DP 3, if we make deep sleep (sleep more than 5 minutes) then sometimes wake will be failed (Reboot / Kernel Panic). 

My Specification is in my signature,, (tried with latest CLOVER and OC Bootloader with all latest commit kext)

BSD Process always different,

image.thumb.png.6f055ccecfb5f90fbcac2b71194b5e5c.png

Maybe it's too early to post.

I can make sure kernel panic in second wake cycle. In first wake, all is ok. But in second wake it's reboot. In Mojave i have remembered about this issue and i solve it with "RTCHibernateAware", but in Catalina DP3 the issue come again, maybe@Vit9696 can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

In Catalina DP 3, if we make deep sleep (sleep more than 5 minutes) then sometimes wake will be failed (Reboot / Kernel Panic). 

Did you configure OpenCore with VariableRuntimeDxe.efi OR EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.efi

Sorry, if you see Panic Reports after rebooting, you have native nvram, you don't need these efi. 

Edited by justin

Did you configure OpenCore with VariableRuntimeDxe.efi OR EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.efi

Sorry, if you see Panic Reports after rebooting, you have native nvram, you don't need these efi. 

You still need variableruntime.efi (latest commit), to make sleep and shutdown work in windows (OC Bootloader) with fast startup and hybrid sleep : for windows.

You still need variableruntime.efi (latest commit), to make sleep and shutdown work in windows (OC Bootloader) with fast startup and hybrid sleep : for windows.

Many people get problem in Wake From Sleep in Catalina DP 3, most of it are Freeze or Reboot because in kernel panic after second sleep/wake.

I think there is a clue in old feature of RTCHibernateAware in CLOVER.

Somehow not work anymore in Catalina DP 3

14 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

what if remove the efi and use native nvram instead, will you see panic again? why would you boot windows via OpenCore?