1,003 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Maybe itu should "NO" not No,, i try edit with nano then the value should be <false/> or <true/>. Maybe CaseSensitive

Yeah, with xml it shown as true or false. So, on OpenCore Shell I

fs0:

cd efi\oc

edit config.plist

set it to <false/>

F3 [Enter] to Save

reset

Advertisement

Hi folks,

Just been trying the latest OC build and Drivers etc and noticed I can't boot if the Picker is enabled, with the settings below it boots fine straight into macOS but if I enable ShowPicker I get the error below.

28977925_Screenshot2019-06-22at15_04_37.png.ec474b01c0519a0babefc800d63263a3.png

546166530_Screenshot2019-06-22at15_05_16.thumb.png.0479bce4a8b21064aaef46974e473f2a.png

Is this still related to the possible bug mentioned a few pages ago?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Hi folks,

Just been trying the latest OC build and Drivers etc and noticed I can't boot if the Picker is enabled, with the settings below it boots fine straight into macOS but if I enable ShowPicker I get the error below.

28977925_Screenshot2019-06-22at15_04_37.png.ec474b01c0519a0babefc800d63263a3.png

546166530_Screenshot2019-06-22at15_05_16.thumb.png.0479bce4a8b21064aaef46974e473f2a.png

Is this still related to the possible bug mentioned a few pages ago?

it's not bug, you have wrong configurations about Lilu.kext. Make sure you have Lilu.kext in your EFI/OC/Kexts. How about set ShowPicker = YES??

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Just now, D-an-W said:

Lilu.kext is just fine otherwise how would it work with Showpicker disabled and no other changes?

Hmmm, can you upload your OC folder???

Got it working, setting "SanitiseClearScreen" to NO (UEFI\Quirks) allows me to use the Boot Menu.

Screenshot_2019-06-22_at_16_38_04.png.9ebd6d88b9cf27ee7227f161644c5679.png

14 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Added example with mask.

Hi @vit9696 Just my opinion, can you make OC Bootloader make ACPI -> Patch and add more line about MatchKernel or Match _OSI??? So the patched only will be executed in certain _OSI. :)

For All :

According to my experiment and help of @vit9696 then Sleep and Shutdown in Windows with "RequestBootVarRouting=YES" are working now.

The problem is not about Sleep and Shutdown, but about hibernate file.

In Windows 10 sleep is use Hibernate file if Hybrid Sleep = On
And Shutdown is use Hibernate file too if Fast Startup = On (check)

And OpenCore is not supported Windows Hibernation yet,, maybe later. So, it will make Sleep and Shutdown be broken in WIndows 10

So, in my case if i want to set RequestBootVarRouting=YES then i must turn off Hybrid Sleep in Windows (power managment) and set Fast Startup to uncheck / No.

Now, i can sleep, shutdown and restart my Windows with OpenCore Bootloader and RequestBootVarRouting=YES.

image.thumb.png.3cb93eac7255240c67f0f69a5e90c640.png

3 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Hi @vit9696 Just my opinion, can you make OC Bootloader make ACPI -> Patch and add more line about MatchKernel or Match _OSI??? So the patched only will be executed in certain _OSI. :)

To you already spoke many times. ACPI common for all OS. It is not discussed.

Is it planned to implement Clovers HWPEnable functionality as a quirk? Current way requires installing HWPEnable.kext to /L/E and run it via script every time after waking up. This is a more than dirty hack to get SpeedStep to work. Will OC take care of this in the future?

On 5/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, obus said:

Nope I think my SSDT is correct!

SSDT-PLUG.aml

I have this working in one of the previous version (01) of OC and on 10.14.4:wub:

Your CPU is at SB.PR00 not PR.PR00, ignore this if you have fixed it.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, dgsga said:

You need to compile VariableRuntimeDxe from MdeModulePkg/Universal with the ‘PcdEmuVariableNvModeEnable’ PCD flag enabled.

Hello dgsga, can you be more detailed, how do enable this PCD flag? 

Do i modify the file 'VariableRuntimeDxe.inf' to include:

[Pcd]
gEfiMdeModulePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdEmuVariableNvModeEnable         ## SOMETIMES_CONSUMES

Or can you provide a compiled  VariableRuntimeDxe.efi? thanks

Hi all!

Is this a correct way to inject "framebuffer-patch-enable" and "framebuffer-stolenmem"? and do I need them at all?

472392672_Screenshot2019-06-26at18_02_10.thumb.png.1d9cb608acf2979f646c0ac4aea37dbb.png 

Second question. How to inject KernelPM? I need that on my second Z270 Skylake-rig.

Hi @obus do you have dvmt problems?

framebuffer-stolenmem corrects related problems
On desktop PCs, in many cases, you can still adjust dvmt on the bios 

AppleXcpmCfgLock

Btw.. If the first question was related to the Xeon build, you don't need any 
xeon has no igpu

1 hour ago, gengik84 said:

Hi @obus do you have dvmt problems?

framebuffer-stolenmem corrects related problems
On desktop PCs, in many cases, you can still adjust dvmt on the bios 

AppleXcpmCfgLock

Btw.. If the first question was related to the Xeon build, you don't need any 
xeon has no igpu

No everything was regarding my second Z270 Skylake-rig.

Thank's anyway.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, LBowgensloth said:

Is it planned to implement Clovers HWPEnable functionality as a quirk? Current way requires installing HWPEnable.kext to /L/E and run it via script every time after waking up. This is a more than dirty hack to get SpeedStep to work. Will OC take care of this in the future?

It will be better to rewrite this kext such a way it will respond to resume from sleep. It is possible as VoodooHDA do this.

But a bootloader has no chance to work after wake.

Posted (edited)

@justin

I’ll post the build command as soon as I have access to my hack...in a nutshell specify the pcd with - -pcd after specifying the module with -m in the build command

Edited by dgsga

1 hour ago, Slice said:

If it is already done then why a script needed to launch the kext after wake?

Headkaze’s fork of the original repo has the wake patch but Goodwin’s original master repo doesn’t...

On 6/27/2019 at 3:31 AM, dgsga said:

@justin

I’ll post the build command as soon as I have access to my hack...in a nutshell specify the pcd with - -pcd after specifying the module with -m in the build command

That would be nice, thanks. Did you compile against the EDK from OpenCore’s repo? 

Im currently using the Emuvariableru timedxe.efi compiled against UDK 2018, it worked very well on my B360M-HDV mb, i wonder if the newer Variabledxe.efi from EDK is better. 

@dgsga thank you a lot for the tip, i have successfully compiled the VariableRuntimeDxe.efi againt the OpenCorePkg/UDK. Sleep, reboot, shutdown all work on my Asrock B360M-HDV motherboard, here is what i did:

git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/audk UDK
cd UDK
source edksetup.sh
make -C BaseTools
build -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -p MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dsc -m MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe.inf --pcd=PcdEmuVariableNvModeEnable=1
cp Build/MdeModule/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/VariableRuntimeDxe.efi ~/Desktop/