1,003 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, glasgood said:

Hi @dgsga :)

What is the alternative to EmuVariableUefi.efi for Z390,  for working NVRAM ?  

You need to compile VariableRuntimeDxe from MdeModulePkg/Universal with the ‘PcdEmuVariableNvModeEnable’ PCD flag enabled. This will fix the panic on shutdown/restart. Then inject the NVRAM variables via nvram.plist as per OC documentation.

Edited by dgsga

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Ok, i need help from @Download-Fritz, @vandroiy2012 and @vit9696

I boot to windows with OC and i get some problem
1. Can't get sleep, after i press sleep then system back to login screen
2. Can't get shutdown, after i press shutdown then system back to login screen

Restart is working fine.

I try this
1. Boot from Windows Boot Manager and Sleep, Restart and shutdown are working fine
2. Delete DSDT.aml only from EFI/OC/ACPI/Custom and still get same sleep and shutdown problem (so i think this is no about my DSDT.aml anymore)

I attach my config.plis of OC,, thanks before

config.plist

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

11 hours ago, dgsga said:

You need to compile VariableRuntimeDxe from MdeModulePkg/Universal with the ‘PcdEmuVariableNvModeEnable’ PCD flag enabled. This will fix the panic on shutdown/restart. Then inject the NVRAM variables via nvram.plist as per OC documentation.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Custom subdir is no longer used, path is just EFI/OC/ACPI

I just recompile OpenCore.efi a few days ago,, let me use New OpenCore.efi. I will post the result soon

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Custom subdir is no longer used, path is just EFI/OC/ACPI

6 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Andres ZeroCross Also make sure to disable ACPI patches, not just custom tables

I have updated my OpenCore.efi, problem still persist (can't sleep and shutdown in Windows, i have deleted DSDT.aml too but no effect).

Note : with my current OC Configuration, i can say i have good result in Mojave and Catalina include Sleep, Shutdown and Restart.

I upload my config.plist of OpenCore.efi

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 15.44.22.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Posted (edited)

Still get no Windows boot entry on OC loader; do I need moving Windows partition to not before "Macintosh HD" but after it for closer look as BootCamp on real mac? Thanks.

Screenshot 8.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Windows partition does not matter, you likely hace OC and Windows share the ESP, which is at least currently unsupported.

OK thanks, I just realized that. Already tested OC via VMware from separated GPT-VirtualDisk (with diff ESPs) and it shown properly as "BootCamp" partition.

Edited by Badruzeus

It took me a whole to understand what it is :D

The answer is no. Neither it is supported, nor we plan to implement it. ACPI patches are quite hard to write without the security risks to the bootloader itself and operating system ACPI stack. Reckless ACPI patches result in terrible issues just as shown in this thread, and as we hardly discourage their use, ACPI patcher will remain very limited and only suitable for very minor modifications at occasional basis.

Posted (edited)

I got "Windows (BootCamp)" appears on OC loader after set "Misc - Boot - HideSelf=false" but weird is I can't boot into it; just going back to OC hmmb...

Edited by Badruzeus

As I have stated, it is currently unsupported. It will boot BOOTx64.EFI, which is OpenCore's boot shim. The label detection works by detecting MS folder, which is of course present, the actual Windows bootloader is not invoked (by design, as per your ESP layout).

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, Download-Fritz said:

@uglyJoe interesting... I wonder whether that uncovers a hidden bug, yeah.

I still have problems with UsePicker set to false.

With Misc/Boot/Target=19 there is a critical error.

If I set Target to 0, OpenCore is loading and I can select MacOS from refind, but boot ends up with "busy timeout ..... AppleACPICPU" ???

Edited by uglyJoe

6 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Windows partition does not matter, you likely have OC and Windows share the ESP, which is at least currently unsupported.

It should be not a big problem as Clover and Windows live together

Снимок экрана 2019-06-18 в 22.46.26.png

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I am very interested in this project. But impossible to see my score. I am francophone, maybe some reading confusion, despite a lot of things escapes me. If anyone can help me, I'm interested. Here is my EFI.

thank you in advance

HP8470P 

HD4000

SATA SSD samsung

OC.zip

IMG_5128.HEIC.zip

Edited by seyd46

5 hours ago, onemanOSX said:

LOL!

Thank you for the clarification.

I’m intrigued...What is it? (Tgtbridge I mean) I’m sure it’s just a typo but I can’t work it out!!

1 hour ago, Slice said:

It should be not a big problem as Clover and Windows live together

Снимок экрана 2019-06-18 в 22.46.26.png

The technical implementation is not challenging, the design considerations are. We do not wish to scan for more hardcoded paths than necessary (which is how Clover works), those are currently limited to Apple's choices. We could add Windows with one line of change, but next people will ask for GRUB or such. Hence, as it's currently not a high priority concern, ideas on how to best handle the situation are discussed privately from time to time, without a clear choice of handling so far.

If someone thinks to have an idea that conforms to OpenCore's architectural design and security philosophies, we'll be happy to hear and discuss them.

4 hours ago, dgsga said:

I’m intrigued...What is it? (Tgtbridge I mean) I’m sure it’s just a typo but I can’t work it out!!

Its definitely not a typo :)

1777318250_Capturadepantalla2018-11-24alas17_41_36.thumb.png.7e466b75c09f3bc13d9d8ba4aaa2b600.png

Is it any option like DELLSMBIOSPatch for opencore ?

I successfully using latest opencore with my Dell 5570 on Mojave. All working fine except SMBIOS recognised as 15,  instead of 15,2.

Please add this option.

Are there any more details docs on how to use the Emulate section for CPUs? I have an X299 i9-9960X, with iMac1,1. I'm wondering if that could potentially improve power management.

1 hour ago, matgeo said:

Is it any option like DELLSMBIOSPatch for opencore ?

I successfully using latest opencore with my Dell 5570 on Mojave. All working fine except SMBIOS recognised as 15,  instead of 15,2.

Please add this option.

CustomSMBIOSGuid. Read the manual.