5,066 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Any idea what can cause the update text to appear in Russian? I will mention I never set anything to Russian nor do I know Russian.

IMG_20200409_100239~2.jpg

3 minutes ago, HmO said:

@Pene 

157912848_ScreenShot2020-04-09at10_19_35.png.b4f3bd00c4cfe9ffea11863bc6e63239.png

hexadecimal: 72752D52 553A3235 32

text: ru-RU:252

Thanks, I admit I never changed some items in the sample, but it does make one wonder why it is the default in Sample.plist :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Pene said:

Thanks, I admit I never changed some items in the sample, but it does make one wonder why it is the default in Sample.plist :unsure:

Because it is Sample! You have to tune it by yourself:) 

There is a statement in plist:

Ensure you understand EVERY field before booting.

18 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Because it is Sample! You have to tune it by yourself:) 

There is a statement in plist:

Ensure you understand EVERY field before booting.

Yes, I kinda expected that answer... Good lesson though! :lol:

I hope not too much off topic here

My system rig in signature starts fine with a VM created in proxmox

Nvme (untitled) and archive disks are passed drive via Nvme and sata passthrough

HighSierra is a qemu vmdisk for now

All of this have orange icon like external disk

Flagging ExternalDiskIcons option in Opencore 0.57 release helps to avoid this problem in sata disk and on qemu disk

No in nvme drive

maybe I miss something?

thank you in advance

1707499159_ScreenShot2020-04-09at11_22_44AM.png.c1d72163a8fd9b32714ec7a7aa7f2cc2.png

2 hours ago, Pene said:

ask vit9696 :whistle:

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

I hope not too much off topic here

My system rig in signature starts fine with a VM created in proxmox

Nvme (untitled) and archive disks are passed drive via Nvme and sata passthrough

HighSierra is a qemu vmdisk for now

All of this have orange icon like external disk

Flagging ExternalDiskIcons option in Opencore 0.57 release helps to avoid this problem in sata disk and on qemu disk

No in nvme drive

maybe I miss something?

thank you in advance

1707499159_ScreenShot2020-04-09at11_22_44AM.png.c1d72163a8fd9b32714ec7a7aa7f2cc2.png

Just use DeviceProperties to inject built-in into your device. The quirk you mentioned is left for compatibility purposes with legacy hardware.

23 hours ago, ardentwheel said:

Opencore 10nm ice lake try to install MacOS

Laptop: Hasee X57S1
CPU: Intel i7-1065G7
SSD: Intel 660p NVMe

Follow opencore-vanilla-guide on coffee-lake to create config.plist with some of my t:

Realtek ALC256, layout-id 05000000
Intel Iris Plus G7, AAPL,ig-platform-id 0000528A
AppleUSBXHCI unsupported, 0x34ed8086 0x8a138086

AppleUSBXHCI still unsupported, don't know why, please help

AIDA64 Reports: Hasee-X57S1.htm

EFI files: EFI-OC.zip

May be related to VoodooI2C. Remove all kexts and drivers that are not necessary for the basic functionality to boot and report back. Currently struggling with Ice Lake as well.

On 4/1/2020 at 2:10 PM, hardcorehenry said:

I don’t use I2C, but let’s say I need rename only _CRS to XCRS in HPET.
F:5F435253
R:58435253
This is how I do it, open untouched DSDT.aml with Hex Fiend, then alt+F, enter the sequence you search.

find.png.4ac1c03723cfc54586f8794496bfc6ea.png

Hit enter it’ll find something but most probably it'll be "wrong _CRS". Scroll up till search result hides, click field Find and hit enter again and so on till you find (in my case _CRS in HPET).

REP.png.889bb7b58614f79e64884b9728a19847.png

Number of enter hits -1 is a skip value, I only needed one rename so count is 1. Edit config add SSDT-hotpatch and after reboot open MaciASL and make sure rename is in right place, correct skip value if needed. Hope it clarifies a bit.

I count this as you showed here but I had to {censored} up something, cause this still not working... Are you able to check it for me?? 
For device GPI0, Method _STA i got 25 (so -1 is 24)
For device TPD1, method _CRS I got 41 (so -1 is 40).

Below my DSDT file

DSDT.aml

Can someone here please help me with power management, especialy with Power Nap feature? With Clover bootloader I have Power Nap option in power saver, but after I switched to Open Core, this option disappear. I have same SMBIOS settings, but may be I miss something.

Here is my config.plist - https://github.com/kecinzer/hpelitebook850g5-opencore/blob/master/EFI/OC/config.plist#L1394 (except with my own serial numbers).

Do you have an idea what is wrong? Thanks a lot.

38 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Let’s make things faster and clearer.
Open DSDT in Hex Fiend and in MaciASL(you have to search similarities(names))

GPI0_SEARCH.png.af87a372bafe3b035ac561d82b98b568.png

The longer rename, the less you have to worry about skip value.

F:5F535441 00A0
R:58535441 00A0

GPI0_HIT.png.40341e1dc3c428112fa0f5e9dc5d2649.png

xcode.png.f39119dad38a63b7576f4c6e4cb26d40.png

it is done as you showed, unfortunately, it is still not working... I mean, it working as a normal touchpad, without gestures and all that stuff. In system preferences shows no touchpad, waiting for BT touchpad.
OC in log gives me :
09:023 00:198 OC: Prelink injection VoodooI2C.kext () - Invalid Parameter
09:084 00:060 OC: Prelink injection VoodooI2CHID.kext () - Invalid Parameter

kext are newest, up to date...where I can look for the problem? 

4 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Not much help with I2C stuff(I’m desktop user), only showed you how to precisely rename(_STA, _CRS, etc) to pair it with SSDT-hotpatch you need.

Ohh, ok. I'm trying to migrate from clover to opencore. on clover everything was working perfectly. on OC only this problem exist, everything else is working just perfect. I got problem with last two renames, cause in Clover exist column named TgtBridge, after some research i get here cause i find thing about renames and counting. still dont know how to fix that. maybe someone will know a solution

Zrzut ekranu 2020-04-9 o 18.29.28.png

is there a bug on v0.5.7 or something wrong on my setup? Combo Update does not continue after clicking restart. Apple logo and loading bar coming after in a second, logo and loading bar disappear, the screen turns black and never restarts. (wait 20min 2 times) I am making force restarts from the Case and I am choosing "macOS installer" from the Picker and update continue. I don't get it why this happening. Any idea would be nice. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Remove rename I gave you(F...ed UP) removing post.

What do you mean? 

31 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Didn't scroll up(very important) and hit enter that's why:(

I've done that again, and still no results ;( anyone can point me somewhere?

54 minutes ago, telepati said:

is there a bug on v0.5.7 or something wrong on my setup? Combo Update does not continue after clicking restart. Apple logo and loading bar coming after in a second, logo and loading bar disappear, the screen turns black and never restarts. (wait 20min 2 times) I am making force restarts from the Case and I am choosing "macOS installer" from the Picker and update continue. I don't get it why this happening. Any idea would be nice. Thank you.

I’ve been running the 10.15.4 betas and somewhere around the last few betas, this has been my experience as well. I can update but upon reboot, I have to choose the installer, which from there, loads a white window pretty much like you’re installing macOS for the first time.

The update succeeds but it’s definitely quirky.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, telepati said:

@Tiem and @crusher I found the problem. The problem is disabling "EnableWriteUnprotector" does not work for me. vit9696 is mentioning here "Disabling EnableWriteUnprotector may not work for some", I am one of them.

2068122873_ScreenShot2020-04-09at23_58_36.png.33e29daa4b245f8f536862e2eda34baa.png

BTW, I'm not sure if vit9696 says this for boot because when I disable it, I can boot but I can't update.

Edited by telepati

44 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Open MaciASL.app search XSTA and XCRS and check if they're in correct place(GPI0 and TDP1) and correct skip value(if not).

In TPD1 is still _STA. Trying to find correct skip value

Meantime, those 2 lines are from OC log:
08:160 07:724 OC: Prelink injection VoodooI2C.kext () - Invalid Parameter
08:243 00:082 OC: Prelink injection VoodooI2CHID.kext () - Invalid Parameter

In Clover I had 2 KextToPatch for I2C, i put them also to OC, is that made in good way?

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 23.15.03.png

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 23.16.23.png

14 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

You don't have to TDP1 _STA is disabled(you didn't mention about _STA in TDP1) enable it in config reboot and check the same way.

yep, i dont have it, true, my mistake, but even if I've done counting for that and it is in the right place, touchpad still not working properly :( 
are those KextToPatch are done correctly? I know I have them disabled, but with enabled is still the same so maybe this is problem, and OC in log gives "Invalid Parameter"?

3 hours ago, telepati said:

@Tiem and @crusher I found the problem. The problem is disabling "EnableWriteUnprotector" does not work for me. vit9696 is mentioning here "Disabling EnableWriteUnprotector may not work for some", I am one of them.

2068122873_ScreenShot2020-04-09at23_58_36.png.33e29daa4b245f8f536862e2eda34baa.png

BTW, I'm not sure if vit9696 says this for boot because when I disable it, I can boot but I can't update.

Yep same problem here.