5,221 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Pene said:

However, the same HDD also has Windows on it, thus also having "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD". The presence of the BCD results in mistakenly displaying the grubx64.efi entry as "BOOTCAMP WINDOWS". (is this a bug?)

No-ish... OC detects Windows as Windows the same way Apple EFI does, though I agree it is suboptimal. Apple EFI has no concept of multiple loaders per one partition outside of bless (e.g. HFS FV2 or APFS Preboot), and thus OC support for it is suboptimal. But I'd not say I like the solution either. :) You can use .contentDetails in the loader folder to rename though.

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

@Download-Fritz Sorry to bother you or anybody else but I am using the latest build and I’m finding I’m no longer able to boot into windows via OC, I’m not using any patches or a dsdt and just to make sure it wasn’t somthing like that breaking windows I compiled the latest version of NDK OC and the same thing happens. I don’t know if it’s me or a bug in the latest build but If i use my older build of Oc from the 23rd of this month  it works fine and I have made no changes between then and now other then updating to the latest build this morning.

im super confused but hoping somebody can confirm or resolve the problem for me?

here is the error getting thrown up

65C26407-1272-4031-85E5-7556929C7630.thumb.jpeg.21302fcd42c29c35f005befde924f914.jpeg

9900k,

Gigabyte Z390 Master,

5700XT,

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb, Win10

WD Black NVMe 1tb Catalina 

Thanks Guys,

Edited by AudioGod

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Download-Fritz Sorry to bother you or anybody else but I am using the latest build and I’m finding I’m no longer able to boot into windows via OC, I’m not using any patches or a dsdt and just to make sure it wasn’t somthing like that breaking windows I compiled the latest version of NDK OC and the same thing happens. I don’t know if it’s me or a bug in the latest build but If i use my older build of Oc it works fine and I have made no changes between then and now other then updating to the latest build this morning.

im super confused but hoping somebody can confirm or resolve the problem for me?

here the error getting thrown up

Thanks Guys,

Hi @AudioGod

You've to rebuild Windows BCD :cry: You know that. Before a new test, with OC or NDK. Do you try to boot Windows! I think you can't.

Edited by Matgen84

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

You've to rebuild Windows BCD :cry: You know that. Before a new test, with OC or NDK. Do you try to boot Windows! I don't think you can't.

Nope it isn’t the BCD, it’s happening with a fresh install via my test drive too and like I said if I use my EFI from a few days ago it works normally but the latest build causes that to happen.

Posted (edited)

hihi does anyone have any idea what this means 

IMG-1180.jpg

Edited by markl18
solved partial prob this one i dont even understand what died

Posted (edited)

im doing clover to opencore conversion and i have problem with applealc on opencore as it doesnt work even with layout id that proven work under clover

i use oc 0.5.6, applealc 1.4.7, macos mojave 10.14.5

my device is lenovo B40 | i3 5005U | Realtek ALC 235

i use layout id 3 --> mirone alc235 codec with resethda and afglowpowerstate enabled on clover

this is my clover config 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcQm0L9RYS5iro5qyhp4sbz6A6GAQ

this is my oc config 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/127sfe3zahcnm-hBSJWXFYSHPf1zBCmhO/view?usp=drivesdk

UPDATE:Somehow fixed when i block com.driver.appleHPET and still show on kextstat 

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/422#issuecomment-523642854

if there're another elegant solutions please kindly reply

Edited by LunairsmAlpha
because i found some fix on it

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@Download-Fritz Sorry to bother you or anybody else but I am using the latest build and I’m finding I’m no longer able to boot into windows via OC, I’m not using any patches or a dsdt and just to make sure it wasn’t somthing like that breaking windows I compiled the latest version of NDK OC and the same thing happens. I don’t know if it’s me or a bug in the latest build but If i use my older build of Oc from the 23rd of this month  it works fine and I have made no changes between then and now other then updating to the latest build this morning.

65C26407-1272-4031-85E5-7556929C7630.thumb.jpeg.21302fcd42c29c35f005befde924f914.jpeg

Same issue with my Z390 Aorus Master config. All works fine before latest commits. I double check OC EFI folder  and config.plist, remove all devices: problem remain.

Any ideas for a solution. Thanks. :) 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LunairsmAlpha said:

im doing clover to opencore conversion and i have problem with applealc on opencore as it doesnt work even with layout id that proven work under clover

i use oc 0.5.6, applealc 1.4.7, macos mojave 10.14.5

my device is lenovo B40 | i3 5005U | Realtek ALC 235

i use layout id 3 --> mirone alc235 codec with resethda and afglowpowerstate enabled on clover

this is my clover config 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcQm0L9RYS5iro5qyhp4sbz6A6GAQ

this is my oc config 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/127sfe3zahcnm-hBSJWXFYSHPf1zBCmhO/view?usp=drivesdk

UPDATE:Somehow fixed when i block com.driver.appleHPET and still show on kextstat 

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/422#issuecomment-523642854

if there're another elegant solutions please kindly reply

You need couple HPET related renames, run this stuff.

Put kexts in correct order in your config.

In DevicesProperties add layout-id.

Edited by hardcorehenry

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Same issue with my Z390 Aorus Master config. All works fine before latest commits. I double check OC EFI folder  and config.plist, remove all devices: problem remain.

Any ideas for a solution. Thanks. :) 

me too, using latest OC from GIT booting Win via OC results in same blue screen as shown above :( 

confirming that issue since commits on Mar 29, 2020 . 

Edited by texem

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

You need couple HPET related renames, run this stuff.

In DevicesProperties add layout-id.

how do you get the ssdttime to recognize the dsdt.aml file it just doesnt want to be recognized

1 hour ago, texem said:

me too, using latest OC from GIT booting Win via OC results in same blue screen as shown above :( 

confirming that issue since commits on Mar 29, 2020 . 

Suspect its related to the change in openruntime .. putting the old openruntime.efi back with nothing else changed from compiling the latest code fixes Windows booting.. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, markl18 said:

how do you get the ssdttime to recognize the dsdt.aml file it just doesnt want to be recognized

What do you mean? Double click SSDTTime.command, rest is clear.

Edited by hardcorehenry

where can I find out why OC is better than the good old clover? Does it has mouse? :D

where can I find out why OC is better than the good old clover? Does it has mouse? :D

35 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

because when it says please drop dsdt.aml here i drop it and it doesnt recognize it

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

9900k,

Gigabyte Z390 Master,

5700XT,

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb, Win10

WD Black NVMe 1tb Catalina 

Thanks Guys,

Same problem here.

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

do you think you could help me figure what exactly wrong with this 

DSDT.aml

IMG-1189 (2).jpg

My PC configuration is 

motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI

Processor: Intel i7 8700K

GPU: Built in Graphics Intel UHD 630

Ram: 16GB 3300MHz

SSD: Samsung NVMe 970 EVO Plus 256GB

I want to install Mac os catalina in my pc. But when booting from installation media it's stuck at some point and I don't know what it means. I attached some photos of this problem...

IMG_20200331_005919.jpg

opencore-2020-03-31-114310.txt

37 minutes ago, nobinbd said:

My PC configuration is 

motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI

Processor: Intel i7 8700K

GPU: Built in Graphics Intel UHD 630

Ram: 16GB 3300MHz

SSD: Samsung NVMe 970 EVO Plus 256GB

I want to install Mac os catalina in my pc. But when booting from installation media it's stuck at some point and I don't know what it means. I attached some photos of this problem...

opencore-2020-03-31-114310.txt

Post your EFI folder. Maybe users can help you.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cass67 said:

Suspect its related to the change in openruntime .. putting the old openruntime.efi back with nothing else changed from compiling the latest code fixes Windows booting.. 

@vit9696  seems the problem is here , i'm not _that_ expert but if i remove the build options in OpenCorePkg.dsc  (this should fix Linux boot as far I understand, Bug #491 ?)  Windows boot is fine.

Only OpenRuntime.efi is newly generated btw.

[BuildOptions.common.EDKII.DXE_RUNTIME_DRIVER]
    GCC:*_*_*_DLINK_FLAGS = -z common-page-size=0x1000
    XCODE:*_*_*_DLINK_FLAGS = -seg1addr 0x1000 -segalign 0x1000
    XCODE:*_*_*_MTOC_FLAGS = -align 0x1000
    CLANGPDB:*_*_*_DLINK_FLAGS = /ALIGN:4096

Edited by texem

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, markl18 said:

do you think you could help me figure what exactly wrong with this 

DSDT.aml

Outputs fromSSDTTime:

SSDT-PLUG.aml

SSDT-EC.aml

Your HPET doesn’t need patches.:surprised:(Hope you didn't "accidently" post your patched DSDT.aml)
Remove and edit config:
SSDT-AWAC.aml(remove)
Replace SSDT-EC.aml from SSDTTime and remove SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
Not sure if you need SSDT.aml
Either AppleALC.kext or VoodooHDA.kext not both.
Add Virtualsmc.kext+plugins
Do you really need VoodooTSCSync.kext?
Too many drivers(check which you really need)
Don’t try enable vaulting mechanism in OpenCore, not yet at least.

Your "panic screen" doesn't correspond with OC.zip you posted earlier.
Most probably it’s not all
Read this Guide complete with OC manual.

Edited by hardcorehenry

1 hour ago, nobinbd said:

• Remove boot file from EFI folder root (keep only boot and OC folder)
  • Remove virtualsmc.efi from drivers section
  • Replace vboxhfs to hfs.efi
  • create your own USBPorts with Hackintool (remove USBInjectAll after)
  • Do you need NullCPUPower kext? Remove it
  • Try SMBIOS Imac19,2 (Coffee Lake) instead of Imac18,1

Try to boot again :) Maybe users can help you if you've the issue again.