3,773 posts in this topic

Quick Update, removing my custom DSDT fixed the Audio issue, I had it since CLOVER days. (Still can't install BootCamp same issue)
Is a DSDT really necessary with OpenCore?
Edited by Nanorise

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Nanorise said:
Quick Update, removing my custom DSDT fixed the Audio issue, I had it since CLOVER days. (Still can't install BootCamp same issue)
Is a DSDT really necessary with OpenCore?

DSDT is not really needed but to use a DSDT you have to repatch it as ssdt are better off to be used no need for re patching

5 hours ago, Mike Ranger said:

I have something I cannot explain regarding text-size in the boot-picker.

With that current builds, output config have changed.

For some reason, the text size in the boot-picker is much larger (seems about 2x original size?).

In some previous build, there was also a zoom but that was taken out again.

With that larger text, it almost looks like resolution is not right.

Can anyone confirm that?.... 

Regards, Mike

The key seems UIScale.... changed it to 01 and Text is small again.

Edited by Mike Ranger

4 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Why do you need/want HiiDatabase.efi ???

I wanted to try loading HiiDatabase.efi alone to see if it can loads on my iMac Because it's a dependency of NdkBootPicker.efi and NdkBootPicker.efi make boot process stop before reaching bootpicker. It seems that is related to HiiDatabase.efi not loading on my iMac 2011. Other than that, OpenCore works great without HiiDatabase.efi.

4 hours ago, bayard said:

I wanted to try loading HiiDatabase.efi alone to see if it can loads on my iMac Because it's a dependency of NdkBootPicker.efi and NdkBootPicker.efi make boot process stop before reaching bootpicker. It seems that is related to HiiDatabase.efi not loading on my iMac 2011. Other than that, OpenCore works great without HiiDatabase.efi.

If you use fork OC then ask questions in the corresponding topic.

1 hour ago, droples said:

If you use fork OC then ask questions in the corresponding topic.

What???? "NdkBootPicker.efi" is driver for OpenCore GUI. It's not about "Fork OC" or not.

Yes, NDK make Fork of OC but it's different story, we talk about "NdkBootPicker.efi (GUI Driver for OC)" not about OpenCore itself

6 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Yes, that is the issue, this topic is about OpenCore.

Please move here 

@droples said about FORK OC,, honestly "NdkBootPicker.efi" is GUI Drivers for OC (official and forked ones).

And yes, GUI Problem from NdkBootPicker.efi should be discussed in another thread. But i just want to say "NdkBootPicker.efi" is not about "Fork OC / UnOfficially OC Version".

Sorry for bad english

@Andres ZeroCross Well, yes, but the thread is for the GUI driver and the fork anyway... I'm honestly not convinced relying on HII is a good idea, it looks like a bloated mess just like dynamic PCD, so probably we don't want a big discussion about this here

Recently added audio features are designed to bring screen reading support to both OpenCore (picker menu) and boot.efi (FV2 Login Window on 10.13+). We mostly got it to work with @Andrey1970 using @Goldfish64's AudioDxe driver with some modifications. I will update the documentation as time permits.

i was update a OpenCorePkg-R0.5.6-DevBuild-02252020_230249.zip and AppleSupportPkg-R2.1.6-DevBuild-02262020_001206.zip
(Recently OCpkg and ApplesupportPkg files)

however after updating, password: screen appears and must be booted by pressing ESC key.

if i entered my Mac OS system password, it just get an error as shown in the screenshot.

and i couldn't see the boot disk list when press ESC at the booted.

ex)
1. Bootcamp
2. macOS
3. recoverly hd

what was my problem?

previously "OpenCorePkg-R0.5.6-DevBuild-02242020_025048.zip" oc bootloader are working fine.
configuration.pdf and difference.pdf don't have any explanation for this problem, so i wondering somebody ask this issue.

i think some options are slipped it in Config.plist or Is something missing from the source code in OCpkg & ApplesupportPkg.

how think about this is?

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by zisqo

17 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

@zisqo, please rebuild using macbuild.tool. The name of your archive implies you used some unsupported method of compilation.

i was get downloaded https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg in Download ZIP then build with macbuild.tool but still same problem.
Password: string is showing first at the booted and press ESC will booted up.

스크린샷 2020-02-26 오전 11.48.13.png

12 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Do you use any kind of external UIs or similar stuff? Please ensure that you have them disabled. Include your config.plist please.

just build from using ocbuilder an this is what showed on my log on asus z390-a i9 9900k
00:000 00:000 OCB: Failed to match a default boot option (i know this one)

the rest? an set to no
00:043 00:043 OC: Nested ReRun is not supported
00:085 00:041 OC: Boot failed - Already started
00:126 00:041 OCB: StartImage failed - Already started

Edited by Erroruser

2 hours ago, vit9696 said:

당신은 어떤 종류의 외부 UI 또는 유사한 것들을 사용합니까? 당신이 그들을 비활성화했는지 확인하십시오. config.plist를 포함하십시오.

i'm just using a TUI mode (it meant basically Built in UI)

here is my config.plist (removed an UUID/system serial and Platfrom tree)

Edited by zisqo