6,309 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I've been following OpenCore for some time and want to transition from Clover. Is there any reason not to? Is everything working as it should?

8 hours ago, Amateur85 said:

Good question, I know the CPU is a mobile one since it is the same as the macbook pro 2019 so I assume the MB is mobile as well. It this mini pc: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13931/eglobal-nuc-pc-packs-hex-core-i7-8750hk but then it's the 8850h version.  SYWZ S200 series is the MB name. GPU is the internal UHD630.

Thanks Mat, I used the EC SSDT from the vanilla desktop guide, but I reckon this one is more comparable to a laptop and need renaming ec to the right value. I’ll try later.

Fixed now memory modules misconfigured

MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler

https://github.com/IOIIIO/MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler

Test for MacPro7,1 Debug.zip

Update Lilu.Kext

Thanks Lilu & Team.

Edited by nmano

On 2/14/2020 at 3:35 PM, Download-Fritz said:

@mhkmichaell try UnblockFsConnect

@Download-Fritz Thank You! That’s  it!

I must read much more carefull. 
Now I can start playing! 

AAF3BD43-4661-43F9-956C-CA80D475FD04.jpeg

@telepatithanks!  I will try. But the problem was UnblockFsConnect. In Hp laptop must be set to YES. 

Edited by mhkmichaell

Guys, could you please someone confirm me; is ApfsDriverLoader.efi mandatory for OpenCore? if it is why this efi not implemented to OpenCorePkg?

Edited by telepati

@MacNB, OpenCore is not starting two times, it is just the way the flow goes, firstly an existing OpenCore instance is looked for, then a new one is allocated on failure.

Currently there is no way to redirect early boot text to the log in OpenCore due to not yet loaded configuration. In theory it is possible to store this data to a temporary buffer, but we have not had much need in this so far. Reasonably clean patches implementing this feature is what we can merge though.

Release builds should print nothing but warnings and errors (you have a debug build of ApfsImageLoader so you see its prints), this is how we designed OC and all other products. You can check a few pages back for more details on this choice.

@telepati, we plan to merge ApfsDriverLoader to OpenCore in the future. For now you have to use it for APFS support.

Is there any thoughts of implement :

a) choose which config.plist to load (from bootpicker) ?

b) choose which kexts to drop (also from bootpicker) ?

We think these features are impractical and have no plans for them.

In case one needs to debug his configuration, he can always boot from USB and configure on a second computer. If this is not an option, there always is UEFI Shell, which provides easy file management enough not only to rename the files, but also edit their contents.

This pretty much covers both the need to choose the configuration manually and the need to set different options. Picker GUI is not really meant to be a Flight Control Console, it is meant to be a way to optionally (as normally you hide it by default) provide an approach to choose an operating system to boot in a simple and intuitive way. Just like Apple BootPicker on a Mac.

18 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Release builds should print nothing but warnings and errors (you have a debug build of ApfsImageLoader so you see its prints), this is how we designed OC and all other products. You can check a few pages back for more details on this choice.

OC was built using @Pavo's OC Builder without debug. I assume ApfsImageLoader is one of the modules in OC and looks it's still built with debug flag (??)

On 2/8/2020 at 2:10 PM, nmano said:

9 ACPI Sleep patch

9 ACPI patch for sleep config-OC.plist  All Intel Motherboard. I test X99,X299.

210922434_ScreenShot2020-02-08at8_11_30AM.png.dde37014e10c3d945587f88a5490875b.png

I have big sleep problems with my Aorus B450i Pro Wifi, Ryzen 3600 build. Testet this sleep patch and also combinations with HibernationFix kext. No progress at all. When I choose sleep the monitor goes black but nothing happens to the machine. Fans still blowing. Then I can not wake the monitor and I have to restart the machine. I am running OC 0.5.5, Catalina 10.15.3

Edited by aslebenoni

7 minutes ago, aslebenoni said:

I have big sleep problems with my Aorus B450i Pro Wifi, Ryzen 3600 build. Testet this sleep patch and also combinations with HibernationFix kext. No progress at all. When I choose sleep the monitor goes black but nothing happens to the machine. Fans still blowing. Then I can not wake the monitor and I have to restart the machine. I am running OC 0.5.5, Catalina 10.15.3

These patches will do nothing For AMD hacks. Most the time to enable sleep/wake For AMD hacks, you just need to properly map your USB ports.

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

These patches will do nothing For AMD hacks. Most the time to enable sleep/wake For AMD hacks, you just need to properly map your USB ports.

Ok. So I should just remove the patches from config.plist and also the Hibernatiionfixup.kext? I made the first patches with SSDTTime in Windows and moved the files to OC/ACPI . Then I made a SSDT-USB.aml with Hackintool and placed it in the same folder. Should I instead use the USBMap.command to create the file and replace the one from Hackintool? 

8 minutes ago, aslebenoni said:

Ok. So I should just remove the patches from config.plist and also the Hibernatiionfixup.kext? I made the first patches with SSDTTime in Windows and moved the files to OC/ACPI . Then I made a SSDT-USB.aml with Hackintool and placed it in the same folder. Should I instead use the USBMap.command to create the file and replace the one from Hackintool? 

Hibernatiionfixup.kext does nothing For AMD hacks, Hackintool doesn't work well with AMD hack to generate USB mapping. You need to do it the old fashion way of mapping. https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencore-Vanilla-Desktop-Guide/blob/master/AMD/AMD-USB-map.md

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

Hibernatiionfixup.kext does nothing For AMD hacks, Hackintool doesn't work well with AMD hack to generate USB mapping. You need to do it the old fashion way of mapping. https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencore-Vanilla-Desktop-Guide/blob/master/AMD/AMD-USB-map.md

Thanks. I am trying to follow that guide. Like I wrote before I moved the aml files from SSDTTime into ACPI. Was that correct? .
├── ACPI
│   ├── DSDT.aml
│   ├── SSDT-EC.aml
│   └── SSDT-EC.dsl

Now when I open MaciASL like it says "Open MaciASL on the target machine and you'll be presented with your system DSDT, that simple!" I get an error, see attached screenshot. So where do I get this system DSDT from? I am stuck there since I have nothing to edit!

iASL error.png

xhc.png

Edited by aslebenoni

Anybody have any idea why I would lose my USBs after upgrading from 5.4 to 5.6 using the same USB SSDT

Any suggestions how to get them back.

Here I attached my EFI could anyone take a look at it and see where I went wrong please and thanks   

EFI.zip

Edited by galisrule

46 minutes ago, galisrule said:

Anybody have any idea why I would lose my USBs after upgrading from 5.4 to 5.6 using the same USB SSDT

Here I attached my EFI could anyone take a look at it and see where I went wrong please and thanks   

EFI.zip

1434225043_2020-02-1702_34_18.png.aa30aeac28d68fc6c5a19e7701c2f255.png

I see ndk fork, аsk in ndk topic.

Guys, I tested all outside links in the Doc.pdf and just three of them giving 404 error, need to fix or remove.

See VerifyMsrE2 nots for more details. (Page 14) Also "nots" must to "notes"

Use GopUpdate (Page 14)

Known formats are described in macserial. (Page 43)

@Andrey1970 thanks for replying I got both ndk and the original on 2 separate drives and its the same in both even with EnableForAll on or off 

The funniest thing is when I switch back to 5.4 EFI everything works perfect again hmmmmmm  

Edited by galisrule

On 5/2/2019 at 12:22 AM, MacFriedIntel said:

Noticed with Opencore, GPU has to be UEFI, Legacy cards such as Nvidia GTX 650 Ti etc OC won't boot. Just Setup a MSI Gaming 5 Z97 with RX560, Booted and Fully Native also displaying Quad-Core Xeon as Processor, as before with clover it was Unknown. Tested with macOS 10.12. :drool:

Hi,

I have been trying to install OC on Z97X gaming 5 (Catalina). 

Things is i used the sample.plist and then add all the stuff i think is required.

So OC runs. I don't get any error messages. and execution seem to have stopped.  See image below

Do you have any suggestions ?

See here for debug output: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=343052

and for archive : https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=343053

IMG_6429.jpeg

8 hours ago, galisrule said:

EFI.zip

NO 0.5.6 release . Bettas can come out 1-3 times a day with changes, if you do not understand what you are doing, then why update. And read the documentation, everything is there.

Hey all, just finished my hackintosh install (opencore / catalina).  All seems to be working really well except I ran geekbench 5 gpu test and its showing my 5700 XT hitting max of 875 mhz, is there anything I can look into to fix this?

thanks!

EFI.zip

Edited by doox00

@Pavo I recently used your OCBuilder and selected WITHOUT DEBUG and WITH kexts.

1. But I am still getting debug output in the log file. According to @vit9696 it's because ApfsDriverLoader is built WITH debug

2. There's a new IntelMausiEthernet kext v2.5.0 generated that does not inject into the kernel

See log:

00:000 00:000 Starting ApfsDriverLoader ver. 2.1.5
01:395 01:395 EfiBootRecord located at: 16973839 block
01:400 00:004 Real image size: 628216
01:407 00:007 Signature verified!
01:791 00:383 EfiBootRecord located at: 0 block
05:140 03:349 EfiBootRecord located at: 16035933 block
05:145 00:005 Real image size: 602936
05:153 00:007 Signature verified!
05:373 00:220 EfiBootRecord located at: 4300351 block
05:378 00:005 Real image size: 583992
05:386 00:007 Signature verified!
11:014 05:628 OC: Prelink injection IntelMausiEthernet.kext (Intel Ethernet LAN) - Invalid Parameter

For 2., I replaced the IntelMausiEthernet kext with v 2.4.1d1 and that one works fine.

Does ApfsDriverLoader generate debug out even if not built with debug ?

Want does "Invalid Parameter" mean ?

53 minutes ago, MacNB said:

@Pavo I recently used your OCBuilder and selected WITHOUT DEBUG and WITH kexts.

1. But I am still getting debug output in the log file. According to @vit9696 it's because ApfsDriverLoader is built WITH debug

2. There's a new IntelMausiEthernet kext v2.5.0 generated that does not inject into the kernel

See log:

00:000 00:000 Starting ApfsDriverLoader ver. 2.1.5
01:395 01:395 EfiBootRecord located at: 16973839 block
01:400 00:004 Real image size: 628216
01:407 00:007 Signature verified!
01:791 00:383 EfiBootRecord located at: 0 block
05:140 03:349 EfiBootRecord located at: 16035933 block
05:145 00:005 Real image size: 602936
05:153 00:007 Signature verified!
05:373 00:220 EfiBootRecord located at: 4300351 block
05:378 00:005 Real image size: 583992
05:386 00:007 Signature verified!
11:014 05:628 OC: Prelink injection IntelMausiEthernet.kext (Intel Ethernet LAN) - Invalid Parameter

For 2., I replaced the IntelMausiEthernet kext with v 2.4.1d1 and that one works fine.

Does ApfsDriverLoader generate debug out even if not built with debug ?

Want does "Invalid Parameter" mean ?

1. As you can see from the below code snippet ApfsDriverLoader is not being built with DEBUG options. You can look at the code yourself at https://github.com/Pavo-IM/ocbuilder/blob/master/OCBuilder/release.command

applesupportclone
unset WORKSPACE
unset PACKAGES_PATH
cd "${BUILD_DIR}/AppleSupportPkg"
mkdir Binaries >/dev/null || exit 1
cd Binaries >/dev/null || exit 1
ln -s ../UDK/Build/AppleSupportPkg/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64 RELEASE >/dev/null || exit 1
cd .. >/dev/null || exit 1
applesupportudkclone
cd UDK
applesupportpkgclone
ln -s .. AppleSupportPkg >/dev/null || exit 1
make -C BaseTools >/dev/null || exit 1
sleep 1
unset WORKSPACE
unset EDK_TOOLS_PATH
export NASM_PREFIX=/usr/local/bin/
source edksetup.sh --reconfig >/dev/null || exit 1
sleep 1
echo "Compiling the latest commited Release version of AppleSupportPkg..."
build -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -p AppleSupportPkg/AppleSupportPkg.dsc >/dev/null || exit 1

2. All OCBuilder does is clone the repo of the kexts and builds the master branch of that repo. So if there is a kext issue its an issue that the owner of the repo needs to fix, not OCBuilder.

buildrelease() {
  xcodebuild -configuration Release  >/dev/null || exit 1
}

echo "Cloning IntelMausiEthernet repo..."
git clone https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet.git >/dev/null || exit 1
cd "${BUILD_DIR}/IntelMausiEthernet"
echo "Compiling the latest commited Release version of IntelMausiEthernet..."
buildrelease
echo "IntelMausiEthernet Release Completed..."