5,838 posts in this topic

@darthsian That point does not relate to ACPI, which there is no good point for such a quirk, but only to SMBIOS. The thing with SMBIOS is, we consider OpenCore to be an environment, where we expose Mac information to seamlessly boot macOS. Now, if you do not want Windows to be part of that environment, the most intuitive solution is to just not boot Windows through this environment. Why do you want to boot Windows via OpenCore "so badly" if it causes trouble?

Advertisement
16 hours ago, Pavo said:

Looks like you missed quite of few updates to the config, compare yours to the newer Sample.plist

HI Pavo

Thank you, you were right. I have used old config.plist to the updated OC version which made this issue. 

One more question, how can I add CPU type to OC?

11 minutes ago, mathew2019 said:

HI Pavo

Thank you, you were right. I have used old config.plist to the updated OC version which made this issue. 

One more question, how can I add CPU type to OC?

Either by using Kernel > Emulate or PlatformInfo > SMBIOS

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

@darthsian That point does not relate to ACPI, which there is no good point for such a quirk, but only to SMBIOS. The thing with SMBIOS is, we consider OpenCore to be an environment, where we expose Mac information to seamlessly boot macOS. Now, if you do not want Windows to be part of that environment, the most intuitive solution is to just not boot Windows through this environment. Why do you want to boot Windows via OpenCore "so badly" if it causes trouble?

Because i just want one environment for multi boot purpose. Never mind, I just wanted to share some of my opinions. You are doing great job with OpenCore. Thanks for that.

When i play video 1920x1080 60fps with quicktime player the screen flickering black

When i play video 1920x1080 30fps or 25fps video worked  fine no flickering

What is this issue 

anyone can tell me about this issue i think this issue is related shiki or quicktime player

On 1/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, Sniki said:

In case you added a kext or ACPI table and it's causing the system trouble and not being able to boot anymore:

is there a way to edit the config.plist file of OpenCore in boot picker/or using a OC tool so you can drop that specific ACPI table or not inject that specific kext that is causing trouble ?

For now i always make a USB flash drive with current working EFI so in case i mess, i boot from the USB as a last known good working bootloader configuration.

Enter shell from picker:

fs0:
cd EFI/OC
edit config.plist

You'll figure out rest.

Hi.

What format should be the fsb frequency in opencore bootloader? I tried the numbers but nothing change.

If anyone is interested in disabeling divices that aren’t present in real MAC like AMW0, SIO1, MBDA, TPMX here some small SSDT examples. They are reenabled for other OSes( If (_OSI ("Darwin”)…). Check if you have the same scopes and rename “fits”. Works for ASUS H81M-E. Tested for over month no issue.REM_DEV.zip

8 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

If anyone is interested in disabeling divices that aren’t present in real MAC like AMW0, SIO1, MBDA, TPMX here some small SSDT examples. They are reenabled for other OSes( If (_OSI ("Darwin”)…). Check if you have the same scopes and rename “fits”. Works for ASUS H81M-E. Tested for over month no issue.REM_DEV.zip

AMW0, for example, just ignored by macOS. Not needed to disable it manually.

Tested for nine years by thousands users no issue.

3 hours ago, Slice said:

AMW0, for example, just ignored by macOS. Not needed to disable it manually.

Tested for nine years by thousands users no issue.

You right removing AMW0 from IOReg is rather cosmetic, but for example device CWDT which also not present in real Mac, may confuse monitoring(here older topic), I’m far from being expert, thou. As I mentioned I have no issue after removing them, the only non MAC devices in my IOReg are FAN(0,1…)  and TZ01,2

CWDT.png.dcf3e1d23c01b818120bc0d7c40c42a3.png

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "CWDT", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.CWDT, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.CWDT.XSTA, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments
    External (XSTA, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.CWDT)
    {
        Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                Return (Zero)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (XSTA)
            }
        }
    }
}

So I am testing OC.

I "transplanted" my Clover config over to OC 0.5.6 for my Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard and now booting Mojave & Catalina.

Questions about DEBUG output:

1. With the debug build, at boot I see the following on the screen :

OC-start2.thumb.jpg.7f8884c89befebee243cb52089708326.jpg

I have removed Clover on the EFI Partition and installed OC on it. Why is OC starting two times ?

2. Is there a way to have this initial text redirected to the OC log file on the root of the EFI together with he rest of the log ?

In my config.plist, I have set :

Root->Misc->Debug->DisplayLevel->0x80000042

Root->Misc->Debug->Target->0x45

I have tried different settings of DisplayLevel and Target but the initial screen output (shown above) never makes it to the log file.

3. With the Non-DEBUG version of OC, is it possible to still have the PREBOOT log (like Clover) instead of:

00:000 00:000 Starting ApfsDriverLoader ver. 2.1.5
01:384 01:384 EfiBootRecord located at: 5833904 block
01:389 00:004 Real image size: 628216
01:396 00:007 Signature verified!
01:777 00:380 EfiBootRecord located at: 0 block
05:126 03:349 EfiBootRecord located at: 16033038 block
05:131 00:004 Real image size: 602936
05:138 00:007 Signature verified!
05:359 00:220 EfiBootRecord located at: 4300351 block
05:364 00:005 Real image size: 583992
05:371 00:007 Signature verified!

PS. Alt/Esc, CMD+R, etc keys work well and even got the BootChime :)

Hi guys, I was curious to check the new changes in Config from the upcoming 0.5.6 version, compiled with OCBuilder (thanks Pavo) and adapted my working 0.5.5 config, I was not able to boot receiving Apple prohibitory symbol and also notices a little bit longer time between boot screen and picker. Carefully compared the plists and read about changes, here is my 0.5.6 config file is you want to take a look in case of any error from my side> https://pastebin.com/02R2e4fp
No complaints at all just for info.

SOLVED UPDATING FwRuntimeService

Edited by Simonej

28 minutes ago, Simonej said:

Hi guys, I was curious to check the new changes in Config from the upcoming 0.5.6 version, compiled with OCBuilder (thanks Pavo) and adapted my working 0.5.5 config, I was not able to boot receiving Apple prohibitory symbol and also notices a little bit longer time between boot screen and picker. Carefully compared the plists and read about changes, here is my 0.5.6 config file is you want to take a look in case of any error from my side> https://pastebin.com/02R2e4fp
No complaints at all just for info.

Make sure you are also updating the FwRuntimeService driver and BootX64 module when updating opencore module.

Hi

I am getting Disk Not Ejected Properly error even though ejected properly. this is happening only with USB external drives but ejecting USB keys are fine. What may be the issue?

EDIT: No problem, I fixed it

Edited by mathew2019

Hello. 
Anybody can help me with this?

My probook 6470b.  
Another HP laptop on this forum with this problem. 
Can’t choose: „Install Catalina... etc.” and „Recovery”.

If I use that same USB in PC everything is ok. Problem is with HP. No matter what Setting i’ve set in config, kext, efi, acpi. 
Any sollution? What should I do to boot OpenCore MacOs instalalation on HP laptop? 
Help!

3BE88DD7-2B05-42EA-A584-42E1F68CABF6.jpeg

Hi all,

I also took a chance to start with opencore, tried installing but I cannot get any further. I got the message below and stuck on how to proceed. Added my EFI folder with drivers, ssdt's and kexts. In clover I am using macmini 8,1 smbios, used the same for OC. Attached my config file, I deleted all the serials and stuff. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_3419.thumb.JPG.f78cfa3abb0d56a3c8136ea4e521c685.JPG

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-14 om 11.12.16.png

config.plist

39 minutes ago, Amateur85 said:

Hi all,

I also took a chance to start with opencore, tried installing but I cannot get any further. I got the message below and stuck on how to proceed. Added my EFI folder with drivers, ssdt's and kexts. In clover I am using macmini 8,1 smbios, used the same for OC. Attached my config file, I deleted all the serials and stuff. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

config.plist

If you need help from users, please complete your signature with your config (CPU, MB, etc) :)

1 hour ago, Amateur85 said:

Thanks, done.

Thanks to you. About your MB, can you complete trademark, model... You've a desktop or a laptop! What graphics card or internal do you use!

54 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks to you. About your MB, can you complete trademark, model... You've a desktop or a laptop! What graphics card or internal do you use!

Good question, I know the CPU is a mobile one since it is the same as the macbook pro 2019 so I assume the MB is mobile as well. It this mini pc: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13931/eglobal-nuc-pc-packs-hex-core-i7-8750hk but then it's the 8850h version.  SYWZ S200 series is the MB name. GPU is the internal UHD630.

Edited by Amateur85

32 minutes ago, Amateur85 said:

Good question, I know the CPU is a mobile one since it is the same as the macbook pro 2019 so I assume the MB is mobile as well. It this mini pc: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13931/eglobal-nuc-pc-packs-hex-core-i7-8750hk but then it's the 8850h version.  SYWZ S200 series is the MB name. GPU is the internal UHD630.

I don't know nothing about NUC. Maybe someone else can help you. Take a look at Configurations.pdf (Acidanthera repo) or this guide---> External OC Guide

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@mhkmichaell check scanpolicy in your config and in configuration.pdf

I think the scanpolicy is ok because I put that same USB stick to my PC and everything is visable and I can run instalation. 
HP uefi is f*** up I think and OC can’t properly scan for disk. Only HP user know what I meen. 

Edited by mhkmichaell