5,920 posts in this topic

@Matgen84 any verbose screen? 

I checked your config.plist. First, of all, you don't need these ACPI patches you are already using WEG. Remove all. Also, add AWAC.aml and checksum RTC patch. No need to set ProtectSecureBoot quirks YES. Make this NO.

Edited by telepati

Advertisement
3 hours ago, startergo said:

Is this doing the same as HibernationFixup.kext?

Test1-with  HibernationFixup.kext

Test2-with  HibernationFixup.kext + patch

test3-Just patch

Restart your System each time.

Edited by nmano

@vit9696 You are confusing me. You are saying do not use AppleUsbKbDxe.efi Ivy Bridge (3rd generation Core) and above motherboards. But if I am not using it on my TUF Z390 Hotkeys are doesn't work.

I am using these settings and just Alt/Opt, Command+V Command+S etc. working but Command+R and Command+Opt+P+R unusable.

PollAppleHotKeys YES

ShowPicker NO

TakeoffDelay 5000

Timeout 0

UsePicker YES

KeySupport YES

If I add AppleUsbKbDxe.efi and set KeySupport NO all Hotkeys are working without any problem.

What should we do now are we using this efi driver or not?

Note: I am using Apple Numerical Wired Keyboard.

Edited by telepati

20 minutes ago, telepati said:

@vit9696 You are confusing me. You are saying do not use AppleUsbKbDxe.efi Ivy Bridge (3rd generation Core) and above motherboards. But if I am not using it on my TUF Z390 Hotkeys are doesn't work.

I am using these settings and just Alt/Opt, Command+V Command+S etc. working but Command+R and Command+Opt+P+R unusable.

PollAppleHotKeys YES

ShowPicker NO

TakeoffDelay 5000

Timeout 0

UsePicker YES

KeySupport YES

If I add AppleUsbKbDxe.efi and set KeySupport NO all Hotkeys are working without any problem.

I’m on Z170 and exhibit the same behavior, but mine does work within a very small time window. I have to press the hot keys within about 100ms of the bios logo disappearing. I’m also on an Apple numerical wired keyboard. 

39 minutes ago, canyondust said:

I’m on Z170 and exhibit the same behavior, but mine does work within a very small time window. I have to press the hot keys within about 100ms of the bios logo disappearing. I’m also on an Apple numerical wired keyboard. 

Are you holding or repeatedly press? Cause I tried both it never worked.

But with AppleUsbKbDxe.efi its working like a crazy.

Edited by telepati

23 minutes ago, telepati said:

PollAppleHotKeys YES

ShowPicker NO

TakeoffDelay 5000

Timeout 0

UsePicker YES

KeySupport YES

1 hour ago, telepati said:

I’ve been able to do it both was. Timing of the press is the most critical. I’m going to try messing with takeoff delay values and switch the protocol from auto to AMI. AppleUsbKbDxe also works perfectly for me but I’m trying not to use it.

13 hours ago, telepati said:

@Matgen84 any verbose screen? 

I checked your config.plist. First, of all, you don't need these ACPI patches you are already using WEG. Remove all. Also, add AWAC.aml and checksum RTC patch. No need to set ProtectSecureBoot quirks YES. Make this NO.

Thanks. I can boot but with Black Screen instead of macOS Desktop! :wacko: How to find verbose screen?

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. I can boot but with Black Screen instead of macOS Desktop! :wacko: How to find verbose screen?

Add boot-argument -v

I checked again you already have it. But remove those boot arg;

slide=255 agdpmod=pikera darkwake=8

Edited by telepati

1 hour ago, telepati said:

Add boot-argument -v

I checked again you already have it. But remove those boot arg;

slide=255 agdpmod=pikera darkwake=8

I try and let you know. Thanks.

Edit: @telepati

It seems to work now (thanks for your advice on patches). In verbose mode, I see several ACPI error. I have to find the file to find out more 

Edited by Matgen84

14 hours ago, telepati said:

Update: I've switched the KeySupportMode to AMI and it seems i have to wait to press the keys until after the BIOS splash screen to disappear (Gigabyte Z170). I press and hold. Both book picker via opt and verbose mode tested and work fine this way, and even am able to wait around 1sec after the bios splash screen disappears to get the hotkeys working. (0.5.5 release)

Hope that helps!

3 hours ago, canyondust said:

Update: I've switched the KeySupportMode to AMI and it seems i have to wait to press the keys until after the BIOS splash screen to disappear (Gigabyte Z170). I press and hold. Both book picker via opt and verbose mode tested and work fine this way, and even am able to wait around 1sec after the bios splash screen disappears to get the hotkeys working. (0.5.5 release)

Hope that helps!

If you don't mind could you please share your config.plist I want to compare with mine.

BTW is your timeout set 0 or 5? To be sure set 0 then try is it still working or not?

I tried Auto and AMI too with timeout 0 it's never working. It always boots with the default drivers. Also set TakeOffDelay 5.000 and 10.000 but it never helped either. For me best options looks like AppleUsbKbDxe.efi. With this efi works like a real make. I don't even think when I must press its always accurate and its always working. 

I attached my config.plist.

config.plist

Edited by telepati

Why I am getting these errors when I use latest OC V5.5, the booting is stuck on this screen. OC 5.4 is working fine.

IMG_5872.JPG

39 minutes ago, mathew2019 said:

Why I am getting these errors when I use latest OC V5.5, the booting is stuck on this screen. OC 5.4 is working fine.

IMG_5872.JPG

Looks like you missed quite of few updates to the config, compare yours to the newer Sample.plist

6 minutes ago, SV0911 said:

I upgraded OpenCore to V. 0.5.6 , everything works great, only on boot a little error occurs:

"ocr: only 19 acpi tables out of 20 were valid"

Maybe someone can give me a hint.. how to fix it. I've searched a few hours, found nothing....

Big thanks for help

myabe you can post your EFI folder and debug log file

10 hours ago, telepati said:

If you don't mind could you please share your config.plist I want to compare with mine.

BTW is your timeout set 0 or 5? To be sure set 0 then try is it still working or not?

I tried Auto and AMI too with timeout 0 it's never working. It always boots with the default drivers. Also set TakeOffDelay 5.000 and 10.000 but it never helped either. For me best options looks like AppleUsbKbDxe.efi. With this efi works like a real make. I don't even think when I must press its always accurate and its always working. 

I attached my config.plist.

config.plist

I will next time I’m at my machine. I switched from AppleUsbKbDxe because it kept key presses in a buffer; in order to choose a picker option I had to press the number more than once and found that annoying.

I want to ask the developers if they could consider adding these features after all:

• ACPI patches are optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).
  • Booter Quirtks, SMBIOS and Device Properties patches will only applied to macOS.

I have read the reasons why you do not want to implement these functions, but after considering all the pros and cons, I think the lesser evil is to have these functions implemented.

What do you think guys?

1 hour ago, darthsian said:

I want to ask the developers if they could consider adding these features after all:

• ACPI patches are optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).
  • Booter Quirtks, SMBIOS and Device Properties patches will only applied to macOS.

I have read the reasons why you do not want to implement these functions, but after considering all the pros and cons, I think the lesser evil is to have these functions implemented.

What do you think guys?

Cause enables all quirks to make the system unusable.

22 minutes ago, telepati said:

Cause enables all quirks to make the system unusable.

I do not know what you mean by this. I dont want to enable all quirks. I want ACPI patches to be applied only to macOS with Quirk "EnableForAll set to NO".

24 minutes ago, darthsian said:

I do not know what you mean by this. I dont want to enable all quirks. I want ACPI patches to be applied only to macOS with Quirk "EnableForAll set to NO".

Then write your ACPI patches to only be effected when its macOS, this is easily done with a if {} else {} statement in the SSDT. Look at the examples.

3 hours ago, vit9696 said:

This has already been answered many times, but long story short, we will not make ACPI patches OS-dependent. There are many reasons for them, and there is a good explanation here: 

I read that explanation before... and i still think that its not good idea to "simulate" Mac on Windows with "Windows native" hardware and BIOS which is already ACPI ready for Windows, Linux etc. You cant use proprietary logic board software, many hardware sensors are missing etc. But of course I respect that this is your project and your decision :)

Edited by darthsian