5,867 posts in this topic

Thanks for new update OpenCore-0.5.5-RELEASE

CleanNvram.efi

CleanNvram.efi limited use or regular use?

Advertisement

*EDIT* Problem solved thanks to @nmano DeviceProperties Patches! 

I am experiencing something that I do not quite understand, perhaps its an OpenCore bug?

After waking from Sleep I get the following error in Vmware fusion After waking from sleep: "This host supports intel VT-x, but intel vt-x is disabled" and refuses to run virtual machines. This error will persist until I fully shutdown the machine and turn off power to the PSU and reboot error will be gone in Vmware.

Just for reference I have to have AppleXcpmCfgLock enabled in Kerner Quirks or my machine will not wake from sleep.

*EDIT*

Edited by syn909
update, problem resolved

Hi All

I've got Kernel Panic Cannot perform kext summary with kexts for TP-Link Archer T9UH v2 in Kexts/Folder (Opencore 0.5.4). If I remove this kext, macOS can boot

Do you know why there is a problem of injection, please.

IMG_20200131_093551.jpg

Add System peripheral Detail   for X99 and X299 System

1925845850_ScreenShot2020-01-31at4_58_49AM.thumb.png.6c89b1a9680c82a0ecd52d436565085d.png

X99.zip

1416826777_ScreenShot2020-01-31at5_08_13AM.thumb.png.845f57436c854e105cf99335fd866950.png

X299.zip

Edited by nmano

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi All

I've got Kernel Panic Cannot perform kext summary with kexts for TP-Link Archer T9UH v2 in Kexts/Folder (Opencore 0.5.4). If I remove this kext, macOS can boot

Do you know why there is a problem of injection, please.

IMG_20200131_093551.jpg

Hi Friend

If you remove kext I thing remove  your

wireless Adapter too.

26 minutes ago, nmano said:

Hi Friend

If you remove kext I thing remove  your

wireless Adapter too.

Hi @nmano I can boot without kexts and wireless adapter connected. 

In Clover EFI Folder, all works fine. The question: Opencore can do the same for these RtWlan kexts (non Lilu plugins).

19 hours ago, NoEnd said:

Hi, I'm having issues with restarts and shutdowns, apparently It fails to complete the process and had to force restart into safe bios.

I have follwed the guide on https://khronokernel.github.io/Opencore-Vanilla-Desktop-Guide/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#macos-post-install >> (BIOS reset or sent into Safemode after reboot/shutdown) however I'm getting this on boot:

IMG-1769.jpg

I have below files in ACPI:

• SSDT-AWAC
  • SSDT-PLUG
  • SSDT-PMC

DSDT and IOREG Attached.

Thanks

DSDT.aml

Ioreg.txt

Would appreciate some help, this is the 1 thing holding me from OC. For now I'm back to clover.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, NoEnd said:

Would appreciate some help, this is the 1 thing holding me from OC. For now I'm back to clover.

Thanks 

Check this post it can help you.

Hi all! Has anyone encontered a problem where he/she cannot boot into Recovery partition? I am using latest version of opencore on an AMD Ryzen build. Everything else is working perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

I have OSX Ctatalina 10.5.3 installed on an SSD with Recovery partition created by the installer on the same drive. 10.5.3 was an upgrade over originaly installed 10.5.2. I couldn't boot to recovery prior nor after the 10.5.3 update and update itself went without a hitch also upgarding Recovery partition to 10.5.3. I am using iMacPro 1,1 profile. Since I saw on the AMD OSX discord channel that there are quite a few people having the same issue but not getting any answers I thought in asking here. Appreciate any help I can get.

The message I get is:

Error allocating 0x7b40 pages at 0x000000005859000 alloc type 2 

Couldn't allocate runtime area.

Hardware configuration is (if it matters):

Asrock B450M

Ryzen 3500X

Radeon RX580

RAM 16GB 2600 MHz

Samsung Evo 850

Edited by dani77zg

10 minutes ago, telepati said:

Use memoryallocation.kext. Google it.

Sorry but google keep silence. There are many keywords like memory, allocation and kext on different sites.

2 hours ago, dani77zg said:

Hi all! Has anyone encontered a problem where he/she cannot boot into Recovery partition? I am using latest version of opencore on an AMD Ryzen build. Everything else is working perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

I have OSX Ctatalina 10.5.3 installed on an SSD with Recovery partition created by the installer on the same drive. 10.5.3 was an upgrade over originaly installed 10.5.2. I couldn't boot to recovery prior nor after the 10.5.3 update and update itself went without a hitch also upgarding Recovery partition to 10.5.3. I am using iMacPro 1,1 profile. Since I saw on the AMD OSX discord channel that there are quite a few people having the same issue but not getting any answers I thought in asking here. Appreciate any help I can get.

The message I get is:

Error allocating 0x7b40 pages at 0x000000005859000 alloc type 2 

Couldn't allocate runtime area.

Hardware configuration is (if it matters):

Asrock B450M

Ryzen 3500X

Radeon RX580

RAM 16GB 2600 MHz

Samsung Evo 850

Try what @telepati says. Insure you're using hfsplus.efi installed instead of vbox

Memoryallocation--> Here

17 minutes ago, telepati said:

Use memoryallocation.kext. Google it.

Hi @telepati I's memoryallocation.efi instead of kext. :)

5 minutes ago, Slice said:

Sorry but google keep silence. There are many keywords like memory, allocation and kext on different sites.

Take a look to the link in my post @Slice

Edited by Matgen84

7 hours ago, nmano said:

1416826777_ScreenShot2020-01-31at5_08_13AM.thumb.png.845f57436c854e105cf99335fd866950.png

X299.zip

THANK YOU @nmano! This fixed my issue, Vmware not giving me any problems after resuming from sleep!

Are you able to boot from the recovery partition? I have HfsPlus.efi but I just get a black screen and it reboots back to the OC picker.

Edited by syn909

@Slice @Matgen84 @telepati @dani77zg MemoryAllocation.efi is just renamed free2000, please don't recommend this junk. For memory allocation errors, upgrade the firmware, follow the recommended firmware settings (e.g. Above 4G decoding), use DevirtualiseMmio and ProvideCustomSlide.

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Slice @Matgen84 @telepati @dani77zg MemoryAllocation.efi is just renamed free2000, please don't recommend this junk. For memory allocation errors, upgrade the firmware, follow the recommended firmware settings (e.g. Above 4G decoding), use DevirtualiseMmio and ProvideCustomSlide.

Thanks to warning :yes: Post deleted.

Edited by telepati

7 hours ago, telepati said:

Check this post it can help you.

Thanks for the advice, however it didn't work. I tried the kernel patch before and now tested the kext (while disabling the patch) however no luck. I can boot successfully however Sleep/restart/shutdown will only fail into safe bios.

Thanks 

15 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Hi!

I am using Above 4G decoding.

I am using HFSPlus.efi.

MemoryAllocation.efi did nothing as did ProvideCustomSlide.

DevirtualiseMmio prevents system from booting and I had to shange back.

Now that TakeOffDelay has been implemented, is it possible to implement a logic where Timeout can be set to a value if ShowPicker is false, but is cancelled (reverts to 0/Off) if the ShowPicker hot key (opt/esc) is detected?

fantastic work BTW :)

37 minutes ago, canyondust said:

Now that TakeOffDelay has been implemented, is it possible to implement a logic where Timeout can be set to a value if ShowPicker is false, but is cancelled (reverts to 0/Off) if the ShowPicker hot key (opt/esc) is detected?

fantastic work BTW :)

Set Timeout 0

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

Set Timeout 0

But Command+R hotkey doesn't work. I set to ShowPicker NO Timeout 0 when I boot press to Command+R its always boot in default drive.

1 hour ago, telepati said:

But Command+R hotkey doesn't work. I set to ShowPicker NO Timeout 0 when I boot press to Command+R its always boot in default drive.

I think you might need the changes pushed by vit9696 last night, to add TakeOffDelay so you can set 1-2sec to allow OC to accept the hot keys with timeout=0?

(someone correct me if I’m wrong on this?)

On 1/31/2020 at 5:05 AM, nmano said:

1925845850_ScreenShot2020-01-31at4_58_49AM.thumb.png.6c89b1a9680c82a0ecd52d436565085d.png

X99.zip

X299.zip

Out of curiosity, (devs) how important is this step in configuration? I assumed this was entirely cosmetic, but these posts suggest otherwise?

4 hours ago, telepati said:

timeout=0 not guilty.

Value a timeout applied only for menu.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, jl4c said:

Not sure what you suggest. The purpose of this is to use ACPI hotpatch.

Have you found a way to call just the XQ** method without pasting the entire code of the original method ?

I really need this as well so i can use all Operating Systems using OpenCore without having something broken (FN Buttons).