About Just Joined group Read more... ×

6,435 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Delete it:

372314449_2020-01-2410_33_39.png.c80160d10a16dbd69fb6287b5410ee4d.png

And add HfsPlus.efi

HfsPlus.efi.zip

thanks Andrey1970 worked Recovery partition with HfsPlus.efi

I have second issue that when I play 60fps video 1080p with QuickTime player then little screen flickering black 

nothing issue with 30fps only issue is 60fps

I think this is Shiki related bug 

how can I solve this? any idea

Advertisement

When you update OpenCore please make sure turnon KeySupport =Yes

1057976923_ScreenShot2020-01-24at7_03_41AM.png.64efff399c43316d303eb8d62144b62b.png

1516546508_ScreenShot2020-01-24at7_11_17AM.thumb.png.932083f1adf6978c673ac2cc50195ca4.png

PMCR update for X299 WU8

SSDT-PMC1.aml

1219603178_ScreenShot2020-01-24at8_16_31AM.png.a8d1ac84d9dc6da427d1fa519942dfca.png

Edited by nmano

3 hours ago, nmano said:

When you update OpenCore please make sure turnon KeySupport =Yes

1057976923_ScreenShot2020-01-24at7_03_41AM.png.64efff399c43316d303eb8d62144b62b.png

1516546508_ScreenShot2020-01-24at7_11_17AM.thumb.png.932083f1adf6978c673ac2cc50195ca4.png

PMCR update for X299 WU8

SSDT-PMC1.aml

1219603178_ScreenShot2020-01-24at8_16_31AM.png.a8d1ac84d9dc6da427d1fa519942dfca.png

Method STA & Name CRS must be outside Method DSM

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 17.43.20.png

Hey,

How to rename ECDV to EC using Opencore? I tried this, but no luck:

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.02.10 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

R: 45435F5F 

Looks like it isn't working. After boot:

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.28.18 PM.png

Hi

I have a problem I have tried this in Mojave and Catalina but both macOS the result is same. the issue is when I use Bootcamp to install Windows 10 it starts and complete the installation in macOS. but when it restarts some how BOOT folder DELETES itself from EFI folder which render non bootable and system goes into BIOS setup screen. OC folder remains intact.

Any help appreciated,

Thank you,

@Andrey1970 do you have any idea why BOOT folder in EFI folder deletes itself when using BootCamp? tried several times but result is same.

Thank you,

35 minutes ago, mathew2019 said:

@Andrey1970 do you have any idea why BOOT folder in EFI folder deletes itself when using BootCamp? tried several times but result is same.

Thank you,

Because Winblows installs it own EFI, which will delete any existing EFI currently on the ESP. It’s best to completely disconnect the drive that you have your opencore EFI on when installing Winblows.

Hi Pavo

Thank you for the reply but it wont delete the entire EFI folder. The OC folder in EFI folder / partition is still there..only BOOT folder which contains BOOTX64.efi deletes. so is it a bug or some settings need to be added in Config.plist? Please see the screen shot of EFI folder attached here with.

OC-EFI-FOlder.png

Edited by mathew2019

The BootX64.efi is basically a re-directing module. That is what UEFI looks for in drives in order to add it to the boot menu entry for your mobo. If you are installing Windows it "could" potentially replace that file for its own which will make the BootX64.efi file direct it to the Winblows boot.efi (windows bootloader) location. Again I suggest you disconnect the drive completely that has OpenCore EFI on it and install Windows on its own.

Pavo

But then how do you dual boot with Windows on single drive? because I am partitioning it and there is no other drive..

4 minutes ago, mathew2019 said:

Pavo

But then how do you dual boot with Windows on single drive? because I am partitioning it and there is no other drive..

You install Winblows first and then install macOS second and add your OpenCore EFI after.

1 hour ago, mathew2019 said:

Pavo

You have to deploy Windows manually using DISM tool. Here is manual. It's in russian. Use Google translate. 

https://applelife.ru/threads/manual-ustanovka-macos-i-windows-na-odin-xard-poshagovo.38295/page-30#post-548639

4 hours ago, Pavo said:

Because Winblows installs it own EFI, which will delete any existing EFI currently on the ESP. It’s best to completely disconnect the drive that you have your opencore EFI on when installing Winblows.

umm no it doesnt. it removes BOOTX64.efi and the /EFI/BOOT folder as part of the boot camp installation, when OS X and Windows are shared on the same disk.

so much misinformation in this thread these days, reminds me more of a clover thread.

Just install OS X first as then use the boot camp assistant to install Windows.

note more recent versions of boot camp assistant may create the modified windows installer on a ExFat usb drive instead of Fat32.

either copy the files onto a Fat32 or add a ExFat uefi driver to OpenCore.

Edited by UefiBooter
spelling

19 hours ago, HmO said:

Method STA & Name CRS must be outside Method DSM

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 17.43.20.png

If you remove DSM you can't get this detail.

1691207619_ScreenShot2020-01-25at5_46_48AM.thumb.png.cb7f8aa9717fc852a20f720d56bb4126.png

13 hours ago, UefiBooter said:

umm no it doesnt. it removes BOOTX64.efi and the /EFI/BOOT folder as part of the boot camp installation, when OS X and Windows are shared on the same disk.

so much misinformation in this thread these days, reminds me more of a clover thread.

Just install OS X first as then use the boot camp assistant to install Windows.

note more recent versions of boot camp assistant may create the modified windows installer on a ExFat usb drive instead of Fat32.

either copy the files onto a Fat32 or add a ExFat uefi driver to OpenCore.

Exactly this is what I was also initially doubt on, because in clover if you install dual boot with Windows the Windows wont delete the EFI folder nor boot folder. so if this happens only on Opencore then it should be something to do with the boot loader. I wasn't using USB installer as in Catalina if you use bootcamp then it will ask for Windows installer iso and it create some background installer process then systems restarts. this time the system boots into BIOS instead of starting install procedure. 

If you add BOOT folder manually to the EFI partition/folder then you can complete the Windows installation without any issues. you do not need any USB installer to compete Windows installation. If you choose manual option then on boot picker windows installer option still remains and every time system will boot into the Windows setup. 

I will try your suggestion and also look into vandroiy2012 instruction to see if this resolves the issues, I will post it back the results,

Thank you,

Edited by mathew2019

1 hour ago, nmano said:

If you remove DSM you can't get this detail.

1691207619_ScreenShot2020-01-25at5_46_48AM.thumb.png.cb7f8aa9717fc852a20f720d56bb4126.png

How about you stick to original SSDT-PMC.aml like @HmO suggests, and additionally try to add "this detail" via config.plist>DeviceProperties?

1 hour ago, mathew2019 said:

Exactly this is what I was also initially doubt on, because in clover if you install dual boot with Windows the Windows wont delete the EFI folder nor boot folder. so if this happens only on Opencore then it should be something to do with the boot loader. I wasn't using USB installer as in Catalina if you use bootcamp then it will ask for Windows installer iso and it create some background installer process then systems restarts. this time the system boots into BIOS instead of starting install procedure. 

If you add BOOT folder manually to the EFI partition/folder then you can complete the Windows installation without any issues. you do not need any USB installer to compete Windows installation. If you choose manual option then on boot picker windows installer option still remains and every time system will boot into the Windows setup. 

I will try your suggestion and also look into vandroiy2012 instruction to see if this resolves the issues, I will post it back the results,

Thank you,

I forgot to mention, i put the OpenCore BOOTX64.efi inside /EFI/OC and add it manually using bcfg boot add 0 BOOTX64.EFI "BootStrap"

After 2 days struggling finally, I can make a boot :hyper: But I have a problem; every restart I am getting AMI post screen go to BIOS with F1 and choosing "Discard Changes & Exit" then boot. Why I am getting this on every restart or boot?

IMG_0104.thumb.JPG.363e9dbb3c676459386f6b2dd0cf85e4.JPG

Edited by telepati

10 minutes ago, telepati said:

After 2 days struggling finally, I can make a boot :hyper: But I have a problem; every restart I am getting AMI post screen go to BIOS with F1 and choosing "Discard Changes & Exit" then boot. Why I am getting this on every restart or boot?

IMG_0104.thumb.JPG.363e9dbb3c676459386f6b2dd0cf85e4.JPG

go in to your bios an you can hide the F1 post

14 minutes ago, telepati said:

Just enable this patch. It's an RTC problem. Or you can use RTCMemoryFixup.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/RTCMemoryFixup

924336774_2020-01-2519_06_24.png.6212afbafe7e1436404eac062bfe85f1.png

Edited by vandroiy2012

Does  OpenCore support Sandy Bridge cpu?

Does  VirtualSMC.kext support Sandy Bridge cpu?

4 minutes ago, anmool said:

Does  OpenCore support Sandy Bridge cpu?

Does  VirtualSMC.kext support Sandy Bridge cpu?

Yes. Yes. But these questions don't belong to the bootloader.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/y6avuxsv

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/y6avuxsv

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution
      USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By amirali mahmoudi
      hi
      i have a problem since updated my opencore to 0.6.2
      My audio output is set to headphones, and every time i turn on the pc , i need set this on internal speakers
      and the other problem is that sometimes my hackintosh wake up from sleep after 2 second and sometimes its work fine
      i've checked my config.plist in sanity checker and dortania and its all good but these problems still exist 
      Can you help me out please ?

asus z390 p 
      i7 9700k
      rx 590 8gb
      wifi/bt/handoff works fine
      catalina 10.15.7
      opencore 0.6.2
    • By VortexisTV
      Hi, I made sure I got the right kexts and bios settings for my system, and followed every step I could take on Dortania's opencore github guide but I was met with kernel panic. I sanity checked my config.plist and made sure I had the exact settings for my Whiskey Lake laptop. I've dumped my DDST and generated SSDTs using the SSDTTime method, except XOSI (I tried manually recompiling the GPIO SSDT but I also got the same kernel error). I made sure I deleted unnecessary kexts and ACPIs. I'm thinking that my Zenbook laptop has a specific way of handling Hackintosh. If anyone could take a look into my EFI folder and find what's causing them It would be greatly appreciated.

EFI and kernel panic picture is attached below

ASUS Zenbook UX331FN
      i5-8265U
      Intel UHD Graphics 620
      8GB of SDDR4
      Opencore 0.6.2
      Kernel_Panic.zip

• By dadamaja
      Hi all!!

After using my old Dell Clover convert for a few years, I recently built a new Catalina box using OpenCore.  Everything works perfectly and has been very stable.  The only thing that is not working is unlocking with my Apple Watch.  The screen says "Unlocking with Apple Watch" with the spinning graphic and then just prompts for my password.  It does not shake or anything as if the password is incorrect.  My 2014 MBP unlocks without issue and they both use the same iCloud account.  I purchased the Fenvi FV-T919 pci-e adapter and BT, WIFI, Handoff, and Airdrop are all working without issue.  I confirmed in system preferences that unlock is supported and made sure that automatic login is disabled in my profile.  I have cleared keys out of the keystore, restarted a number of times, logged out and back into iCloud all to no avail.  Anyone else having this issue?  Thanks in advance!!

More info my build:
      Asus PRIME z370-A II
      Core i7 9700K
      32 GB PC3200 Crucial Ballistix RAM
      Sapphire Pulse RX380 
      Samsung 970 Evo Plus
      Fenvi FV-T919
      2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L V2

• By rvilbert
      Hi all,

I have been trying to install Big sur on Opencore and i believe i'm almost there but i get stuck on a grey screen with my mouse pointer just before i can see the installer screen.
      I have applied the various SSDT patches for X99. I thought that was linked to VirtualSMC which I replaced by FakeSMC but same issue. I also declared my graphic card in config.plist as i thought it could come from there but that's not the issue (Radeon RX 570).
      I have been scratching my head for some time now. Any idea from anyone please.

I have attached my EFI folder and my ioreg extract. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks a million.

My config:
      Asus X99 Deluxe
      Core-i7 5960x
      Radeon RX 570

@RemB
      @jmacie
      I would appreciate your help please. Any views of what could be wrong? Thanks a lot

OpenCore 0.6.2 for X99 BIG SUR.zip
      X99 iMac Pro.ioreg.zip