Jump to content

1,003 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Yes and thats why i have the error, Max worked and now doesn't it says unsupported, but isn't an update in the PDF to say if this has changed or updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
1 hour ago, MacFriedIntel said:

Resolution is no longer working for me and logo on boot screen disappears since updating this morning and the log is displaying 00:002 00:002 OC: Changed resolution to 0x0@0 (max: 1) from Max - Unsupported

 

Updating OpenCore or MacOs ?

 

Fred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

thank you for this great boot loader, it boots mac way much faster than clover. but I have one question, why opencore can not detect my windows boot?

 

here is my config.plist.

 

config-nosn.plist

Edited by steve3d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steve3d said:

thank you for this great boot loader, it boots mac way much faster than clover. but I have one question, why opencore can not detect my windows boot?

Because of ScanPolicy. Read the manual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Because of ScanPolicy. Read the manual. 

just added 

			<key>ScanPolicy</key>
			<integer>983299</integer>

into my config.plist, and still no windows boot entry

Edited by steve3d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steve3d said:

just added 


			<key>ScanPolicy</key>
			<integer>983299</integer>

into my config.plist, and still no windows boot entry

 

Read the manual and calculate correct bit mask. Or add 0 to allow all devices and all filesystems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

strange, if I boot oc from usb, with scanpolicy => 0, then I have windows boot entry, then I boot from my nvme ssd, also with scanpolicy => 0, then there is no windows boot entry.

 

my windows and mac and efi partition are installed on same ssd drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, MacFriedIntel said:

Resolution is no longer working for me and logo on boot screen disappears since updating this morning and the log is displaying 00:002 00:002 OC: Changed resolution to 0x0@0 (max: 1) from Max - Unsupported


Check messages before that, it should say where it failed.

Edited by Needy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi

nulling -v boot args classic apple logo appears during OSX loading

Also some boot writing stays on the left (see red oval marker)

Is it possible to delete it completely after osx boot disk selection?

 

Thank youIMG-2658.thumb.jpg.bde0a472041133ffa6fe435d7cc6e5f4.jpg

Edited by fabiosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Hi

nulling -v boot args classic apple logo appears during OSX loading

Also some boot writing stays on the left (see red oval marker)

Is it possible to delete it completely after osx boot selection?

 

Thank you

replace debug version of AMF with release https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

I did..but same writing in same place

 

I had the same situation, I replace the OC and all modules .efi with the release and these messages no longer exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Hi

nulling -v boot args classic apple logo appears during OSX loading

Also some boot writing stays on the left (see red oval marker)

Is it possible to delete it completely after osx boot disk selection?

 

Thank you

 

IgnoreTextInGraphics=true in UEFI Quircks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, Dr. Hurt said:

 

+1

 

Also, an installer or a helper app (for legacy installation) would be very helpful. Even for advanced users.

boot 3.zip

here is my boot file

1 no HFS+ embedded, you may use external drivers Apple's HFSPlus or VboxHFs 

2 default path changed from EFI\CLOVER\Clonerx64 back to EFI\Boot\Bootx64.efi

 

Install Clover

remove all the files and copy OC to the same device

 

Edited by Rodion2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello

 

how I leave my SMBIOS fake info about Mac ... 

 

Lenovo mac info platform

 

LENOVO Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F

 

LENOVO MBP101.88Z.F000.B00.1904161750

 

really don't like to see this, about my Mac

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, artur_pt said:

hello

 

how I leave my SMBIOS fake info about Mac ... 

 

Lenovo mac info platform

 

LENOVO Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F

 

LENOVO MBP101.88Z.F000.B00.1904161750

 

really don't like to see this, about my Mac

 

thanks

 

MacBookPro10,1 at present does not contain in a database for Automatic.
Fill all fields as in SampleFull.plist or use MacBookAir5,2

Watch Mac-models containing in a database OC. 

I wrote about it in this topic many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Hi

nulling -v boot args classic apple logo appears during OSX loading

Also some boot writing stays on the left (see red oval marker)

Is it possible to delete it completely after osx boot disk selection?

 

Thank youIMG-2658.thumb.jpg.bde0a472041133ffa6fe435d7cc6e5f4.jpg

 

 

how do you get this native resolution? I'm always get a very low resolution when boot, no matter what I set in config.plist, could you please share your config.plist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve3d said:

 

 

how do you get this native resolution? I'm always get a very low resolution when boot, no matter what I set in config.plist, could you please share your config.plist?

Here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Here!

 

yes, I've tried with 1920x1080, 1920x1080@32, 3840x2160, 3840x2160@32 and Max, and all of these value will give me same low resolution result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 1:47 AM, steve3d said:

strange, if I boot oc from usb, with scanpolicy => 0, then I have windows boot entry, then I boot from my nvme ssd, also with scanpolicy => 0, then there is no windows boot entry.

 

my windows and mac and efi partition are installed on same ssd drive.

Did you solve this problem?

I have exactly the same. macOS and Windows 10 on same partition sharing EFI. ScanPolicy = 0 under Misc -> Security. Tried scan only Nvme too: ScanPolicy = 524288 without success.

Any Help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steve3d said:

 

yes, I've tried with 1920x1080, 1920x1080@32, 3840x2160, 3840x2160@32 and Max, and all of these value will give me same low resolution result.

check also in your bios settings CSM option

in my case enabling it avoid on my system High boot menu resolutions

So I have it disabled

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, obus said:

Did you solve this problem?

I have exactly the same. macOS and Windows 10 on same partition sharing EFI. ScanPolicy = 0 under Misc -> Security. Tried scan only Nvme too: ScanPolicy = 524288 without success.

Any Help?

If you read the scan policy section in the config pdf it shows you how to calculate the scan policy value to suit your situation (type of drive, file system etc. Add together the hex values you need then convert to decimal. I had to remove the file system lock to get my Windows SATA drive to show up.

Edited by dgsga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

check also in your bios settings CSM option

in my case enabling it avoid on my system High boot menu resolutions

So I have it disabled

 

 

 

I've disabled csm, and I didn't test enable it.

 

1 hour ago, obus said:

Did you solve this problem?

I have exactly the same. macOS and Windows 10 on same partition sharing EFI. ScanPolicy = 0 under Misc -> Security. Tried scan only Nvme too: ScanPolicy = 524288 without success.

Any Help?

 

no, if on different disk, like from usb, then ScanPolicy = 0 will detect windows partition, but if on same disk, there would be no windows partition.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Slice
      OK, 4988 released.
      Now, @vector sigma, what have we do to update translations?
    • By dracoflar
      So you've been reading the forum on this brand new boot loader called OpenCore hoping to try it out but you take one look at the configurations PDF and take a step back in shock at the complexity! Well if you've been feeling a bit intimidated by the DOCS well you've come to the right place:
       
      OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide
       
      If you have any issues or suggestions please feel free to comment
       
      - Your local neighbourhood Hackintosh Slav
    • By vit9696
      OpenCorePkg / Documentation / Configuration Template / Bugtracker   Discussion and installation should be done in a separate thread! This thread is for development only!
      Current status as of April 2019: Support for UEFI and DuetPkg (legacy) booting APFS and HFS+ compatibility ACPI patcher (adding, dropping, binary patching, relocation) Apple-compatible bless implementation DeviceProperties injection DataHub and SMBIOS generation Symbolic kext and kernel patcher Direct kext injection/patching/blocking within prelinkedkernel Installation/Recovery/FileVault 2 support  Configuration in config.plist with open documentation Simple boot picker for quick launch Direct boot from dmg images  
      Known defects live here.  
      For those, who are not familiar with the history, OpenCore is a project initially born in HermitCrabs Lab that unfortunately almost died before its birth. This release is both a rebirth and a complete rewrite of OpenCore, which brings a number of new ideas, and tries to preserve the smart moves incorporated by iNDi and his team. Other than that, I wish to express my deepest words of gratitude to Acidanthera and WWHC members: your participation was and remains the key for project success, and you are simply the best.
×