5,687 posts in this topic

Advertisement
On 12/21/2019 at 10:23 PM, valinor61 said:

Hi, I have weird issue since catalina. My bios suddenly becomes a black screen I cant enter my bios settigs. The problem is in both opencore and clover. In clover every boot was causing black screen. I succesfully managed to switch opencore and its nvram reset option fixed that black screen issue but after few reboots I'm getting black screen error again when error occurs my bios also removes opencore from boot selection part. Only way to access it again reflashing my nvram with a bios tool. 

I have never experianced that kind of issue before on mojave. 

Device: Asus FX553VD/GL553VD i-7700hq. 

Here is my opencore files.

OpenCoreGL553VD.zip

Sorry, I think I wasn't so clear about my problem so after repeatedly tryied now I can explain my problem more clearly.

I can use opencore with OSX without problem with disable variable write and legacy nvram.

I can use windows directly booted from bios as normally.

But if I boot windows from OpenCore my boot entries duplicates itself. On that time I cant access bios getting black screen. 

In my conclusion my when I boot windows from opencore my bios rewrites boot entries to nvram again and when I try to open bios

duplicate entries makes a conflict so it becomes black screen. It's happening on clover as well. I need help.

My Last Opencore Build: OC.zip

Full BIOS Image 

GL553VD-F1.307.zip

Edited by valinor61

Hello,

just an easy question : 

The ThirdPartyDrives quirk does something about NVME power managent ?

I remember when i had a NVME drive on my laptop power consumption was huge even on idle while on the same laptop using a normal m.2 sata disk the power consumption was as expected. 

Being a laptop i'm concerned about battery duration 

Thanks

Mattia

28 minutes ago, tmbt said:

Hello,

just an easy question : 

The ThirdPartyDrives quirk does something about NVME power managent ?

I remember when i had a NVME drive on my laptop power consumption was huge even on idle while on the same laptop using a normal m.2 sata disk the power consumption was as expected. 

Being a laptop i'm concerned about battery duration 

Thanks

Mattia

Check out the bottom of page 23

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf

1 hour ago, NorthAmTrans said:

That's what i did. Apply vendor patches to enable native features for third party drivers ... Apple original NVME has power management while it is not working on third party NVME .. what i'm asking is if this patches implement some kind of power management also for third party NVME drives ...

Hi, I have an annoying issue switching from clover to OpenCore 0.5.3 with Catalina 10.15.1 on ryzentosh 3700x x570 I aorus pro wifi + Vega 64

I have checked with someone my basic  EFI folder and it seems good but when I choose shut down the computer, right at the moment when the last power is going out the computer just start up back...

any ideas? been following the guide with shutdown fix and all. no changes.

I know sleep is broken on Catalina, but if I can't put my computer to sleep I need it to shut down at least.

I also have some minor issues with picker and nvram behavior but these can wait...

On 12/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, canyondust said:

Release version of OC? I’ve never seen anyone have this in a hackintosh ever, regardless of hardware or bootloader...

Fixed it. I was using the old IntelMausiEthernet instead of IntelMausi and that threw it for a loop. In the process though I now found the correct AHCIPortInjector for my board vs Generic so thats cool.

Switched from Clover to OC, things work smooth for normal boot.

The one thing that does not work at all is booting into recovery. The image refuses to load and I get an memory allocation error.

I never ran into this with Clover, Clover always booting fine into recovery, using the AptioMem efi.

Tried all different variations with the quirks and followed this guide as well:

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/extras/kalsr-fix

With that I came up with a slide value of Slide=128 in the boot menu. While that helps, it still does not create enough memory for the recovery image to boot.

It seems there are no more options I can try. I would be happy about any further feedback where to look for a solution.

One note: to even to attempt loading the image, i have to enable 

AvoidHighAlloc = true (seems needed to even to attempt the load the recovery image, if false i get an error that not supported, and loading the image is not even started.

The other quirks if have set

• AvoidRuntimeDefrag = true

• DevirtualiseMmio = false (early boot failure if true)

• DisableVariableWrite = false

• EnableSafeModeSlide = true

• EnableWriteUnprotector = true

• ProvideCustomSlide = true

• SetupVirtualMap = true

• ShrinkMemoryMap = false (early boot failure if true)

On 12/11/2019 at 9:55 PM, Adomorns said:

Hi, I wrote earlier this year to have some support for moving to OpenCore but I managed to make it work by myself. Now I'm having a strange problem.

When I SHUTDOWN my pc(Lifebook e744 i5-4300m) and turn on again my trackpad needs 1 more finger to work (2 fingers for moving cursor,3 for scrolling, 4 for the swipe pages on macOS). 

The only way to fix this is to RESTART my pc and then the trackpad works perfectly.

I'm currently using VoodooPS2Controller + VoodooInput from acidanthera. Did someone else get any problem like this?

I've attached my OC folder.

Thanks in advance.

OC.zip

Hi, no one seems to have answered my problem, and I wanted to add some information:

- I still got problems with the trackpad recognizing one finger more in a fresh boot
- When my pc returns from sleep sometimes the trackpad would not work.

- Without complete DSDT patching, my pc won't boot.

I don't know what to do, probably it's smth related to DSDT patching, but I don't know what to look after.

I've attached the OC folder I'm using right now.

UPDATE:

When cold booted the verbose output spams: "AppleMultitouchHIDEventDriverV2: checkNTDeviceAvailable() Building NT without Z2init", and the trackpad doesn't work. When rebooted it no longer spits out the error like hell and the trackpad works perfectly

Hope to get some help :)

OC.zip

Edited by Adomorns

1 hour ago, DarkAlex97 said:

I can't make the audio work. I think i have to find the appropriate layout from here https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs

Is there a way to try different layouts without reinstalling the os from scratch with opencore?

This is the only thing i have to edit right?

Post image

That SHOULD be it. For layout-id say...7...put <07> and hit enter.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, Andrey1970 said:

No.

I will post on this thread because you all seem much informed than the average .. What does it take to implement power management for non native NVME disks ? Do you think is "just" a patch to some kexts or something more complex ?

I'm asking around for this feature since when i noticed NVME disk is really more "expensive" for my battery than a normal sata ssd in MacOS but not on Linux or Windows ..

Thanks

Mattia

1 hour ago, tmbt said:

I will post on this thread because you all seem much informed than the average .. What does it take to implement power management for non native NVME disks ? Do you think is "just" a patch to some kexts or something more complex ?

I'm asking around for this feature since when i noticed NVME disk is really more "expensive" for my battery than a normal sata ssd in MacOS but not on Linux or Windows ..

Thanks

Mattia

ThirdPartyDrives quirk only for sata.

It seems that these Memory Allocation problems are quite tricky.

What really surprises me here is the fact that DevirtualiseMmio = true causes early reboot.

What information would help the experts here to give some further advise?

It seems related to OpenCore, since I never ran into similar obstacles in Clover.

Thanks, Mike

@Mike Ranger You may need to dump a log (with DevirtualiseMmio on) and try around with the devirtualised ranges (search of the "OCABC" prefix) added to MmioWhitelist (not devirtualised). There is no real other way, except if you can dump the Kernel Panic with a serial connection.

Hello, I have a z87 board with and have add NVMe with pci-e adapter. 
The nvme-drive did show up initially, but later I added NvmExpressDxe.efi and it showed up. Is NvmExpressDxe.efi the preferred way to enable NVMe in oc? (For unsupported boards..)

2 hours ago, Ritte said:

The nvme-drive did show up initially, but later I added NvmExpressDxe.efi and it showed up. Is NvmExpressDxe.efi the preferred way to enable NVMe in oc? (For unsupported boards..)

It is the only way, there's no prefer/not prefer.

2 hours ago, Ritte said:

https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI-BIOS.html

6 hours ago, n.d.k said:

It is the only way, there's no prefer/not prefer.

Thanks! Do you know where I can find the source of the driver? So I don't need to get it from clover.

5 hours ago, jinbingmao said:

I did know about this, but I'm avoding it since this board will be swapped out sooner or later and will be reused as PLEX-server. Don't want to brick my BIOS otherwise I need a board for the PLEX-server too :)

34 minutes ago, Ritte said:

Thanks! Do you know where I can find the source of the driver? So I don't need to get it from clover.

git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/audk UDK
cd UDK
source edksetup.sh
make -C BaseTools

build -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -p MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dsc -m MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/NvmExpressDxe/NvmExpressDxe.inf || exit 1

# or Debug

build -a X64 -b DEBUG -t XCODE5 -p MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dsc -m MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/NvmExpressDxe/NvmExpressDxe.inf || exit 1

On 12/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, NorthAmTrans said:

Fixed it. I was using the old IntelMausiEthernet instead of IntelMausi and that threw it for a loop. In the process though I now found the correct AHCIPortInjector for my board vs Generic so thats cool.

Care to share what AHCIPortInjector kext you used (I have the same motherboard)?  Was it the one you posted earlier?

7 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

Care to share what AHCIPortInjector kext you used (I have the same motherboard)?  Was it the one you posted earlier?

Sure!

For starters here's what I looked for. In IOReg under SATA (or SAT0 if no name change) you see "name" and mine was "pci8086,a282" so I dug through whatever SATA Unsupported I could find until I found one with IOname matches.

SATA-unsupported.kext.zip