• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   1 member

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By le332313
      Can someone share the dell 5593/5493 EFI ? I try to fit the graphics driver, but it not working please help me thanks

• By chris1111
      Here my theme of OC 

How to create are own Theme with Icnspack-Builder

You can also have the themes on ➤ Github

You can also have the themes on ➤ HTML Page

• By Schlachtbank
      Hi. I need help if possible.
      I tried installing Big Sur on my Hackintosh with OC and Catalina working. Every time I try to boot it I receive a kernel panic relative to ACPI. The strange thing is that this kernel panic occurs only with Big Sur and High Sierra. Every other macOS version boots (I tried from 10.9 to 11).

My build is:
      Motherboard: Gigabyte X79-UD3 CPU: Intel Core I7 4820K GPU: XFX Radeon RX570 I'm attaching the kernel panic and my EFI configuration (I still need to map the USBs 'cause I switched to OpenCore yesterday).
      PS. In the OC folder there's not a resources folder because I deleted it to upload it
      Kernel panic Big Sur.rtf
      OC configuration.zip
    • By dsener
      Hi All,

Need some advice.

I have setup Catalina using opencore 0.6.1, works fine, except max resolution and audio on a Dell Optiplex 7050 micro with 6600T CPU and Q270 mobo 

WHen I plug into a 4K monitor I get 2560x1440 max resolution and when plugging into a 2560x1440 monitor I get 1920x1080 max resolution. ANy help is much appreciated.

I only have
      - AppleALC
      -IntelMausi
      - Lilu
      - NVMEFix
      - SMCDellSensors
      - USBInjectAll
      -VirtualSMC
      - WhateverGreen and
      - SHCI-unsupported in my kexts folder

config.plist
    • By IronManJFF
      Z77MX-QUO-AOS Migrating from OZ to OpenCore (based on OpenCore 0.5.7-2020-03-08)

0) Disclaimer : This a Guide for the QUO motherboard, 100% to fail on any other. I have not tested it with iGPU only so take note. I have not tested it with any other SMBIOS than iMac13,2. I have not tested 'FileVault' drives or Fusion drives.
      1) Backup your current firmware and settings  use Q-Flash  Save BIOS to ROM... if you don't and end up with a brick you deserve what is happening to you

2) Backup your data, only fools don't take backups

Follow these steps ..don't come bitching if you don't do them in the correct order (and don't be creative, well you can be after you make it work with this recipe)

3) Retrieving info, you will need using HackinTool 
      Board Serial Number  ROM ModelIdentifier Serial Number System ID 4) Download "OC to OC Migration.zip" (to come) and extract it 
      5) Now Open this file using XCode or your favorite Plist Editor

6) Fill in the info from Step 3 in the Generic Section (don't touch anything else)

7) Save as config.plist

8) Open your EFI folder from your boot drive (the one that has the OZ folder), time to copy the stuff over

9) Time to flash the OC-friendly firmware, put the firmware on a USB stick and flash it

10) If all goes well when it reboots , you will see the original QUO Boot Logo and then it will greet you with a Bootpicker screen .. kinda like when you hold Option on a real Mac. something like (to see reset NVRAM, Recovery HD and access to UEFI Shell from this screen .. press Spacebar)

11) Choose which OS to Boot and enjoy!

Special Topics:

The OC-friendly firmware basically it is :
             The H20-XMASS firmware
      stripped of Ozmosis, FakeSMC, HFS, APFSDriverLoader,VoodooHDA and anything Oz specific while retaining the DSDT that made it special snapped back the QUO Boot Logo from the original firmware (F3A) was the only way I found to fix black screen on cold boot Optimized Defaults values to be OC-friendly       

To get into UEFI Shell before invoking OC ---> Hold F12 at startup (nothing new)
      Setting Default Boot Drive ---> OC honors Startup Disk Control Panel
      Windows (UEFI) ---> Two ways , pick one and stick with it
      From OC Boot Picker (that is what I do) From the mobo native boot picker (Holding F12 at startup and choosing Windows) HD4000 headless ---> In firmware setting .. iGPU enabled, Init Display first PEG (that's it --will not work with SMBIOS MacMini), make sure you have a working setup before enabling this feature.
      Parrallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion, Virtual Box --> In firmware setttings, Intel Virtualization Technology  Enabled (i left it off by default because there might be people with Sandy Bridge or Pentium CPU)

To remove the BootPicker at startup (you can still make it show by holding Option at boot) --> Set ShowPicker key to false in config.plist
      To disable the BootChime et startup --> Set AudioSupport key to false in config.plist

Troubleshooting:

To retrieve Debug log from Terminal
      nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-log | awk '{gsub(/%0d%0a%00/,"");gsub(/%0d%0a/,"\n")}1'  
      Get the migration kit (0.5.8)

Updated Kit for 0.5.9

Updated Kit for 0.6.0

*** WARNING I am having issues with 0.6.1 don't apply unless you can revert to 0.6.0 ***
      *** Issue is : Get prohibited sign on cold boot ...under investigation ***
      Updated Kit for 0.6.1
      *** WARNING I am having issues with 0.6.1 don't apply unless you can revert to 0.6.0 ***
      *** Issue is : Get prohibited sign on cold boot ...under investigation ***