Mojave update does not show

ea dd

9 posts in this topic

Hi. 

My Mojave is 10.14.2 and there are 10.14.3 and 10.14.4 updates already out from apple.

but Software Update says there is no update.

noupdate.png.81fc2e3de4d016da99cd65e730017449.png

10.14.3 and 10.14.4 are limited to certain system? (i mean certain Macs, cpus or boards)

my system is old gigabyte ep45-ud3r board with core2quad q9550 cpu.

and i guess clover did trick to show it as xeon. 

tnx, 

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

No.

C2D/C2Q platforms are not officially supported by Mojave. You've obviously used the necessary tricks to install 10.14  but if you're using the SMBIOS of an officially unsupported model, you won't be offered any updates; even if you've added the model in question to the PlatformSupport plist. You won't be able to run the combo update either: as soon as you'll run it, you'll obtain an error message stating that you have an unsupported platform...

I experienced this on my old C2D Vostro200 which was initially setup with its usual iMac10,1 SMBIOS. No updates offered until I swapped to iMac13,2 SMBIOS.

You need the SMBIOS of an officially supported Mac to get update offers. Simply opt for a supported iMac model like I did; you may also try MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1.

With regards to the displayed Xeon CPU model in If About this Mac, that could result from settings you've applied to your Clover config.

ahh. yeah.

your right. 10.14.4 combo and 10.14.3 update both did not work. Neither showed any error message, tough, just said "extracted successfully and press continue to restart". Rebooted, but my Mojave is still 10.14.2.

so i guess installer checks my system and refuses to update.

in my clover config

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
     <key>ProductName</key>
     <string>iMac14,2</string>
     <key>Trust</key>
     <false/>
</dict>

let me try iMac13,2 and will get back with result.

also, i have not used DSDT.aml in clover config.

my clover config is attached.

tnx,

config.plist

EDIT:

changed SMBIOS product name to iMac13,2 and now Software Update recognizes there is update.

488050256_ScreenShot2019-04-23at9_34_28PM.png.5cbb28f5f8a5b915a3b570ae94a43498.png

if i click on Update Now, it downloads over 2GB and asks_me/counts_down to restart. Rebooted and nothing happens. My Mojave is still at 10.14.2

tnx,

Edited by ea dd

24 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Your Clover configuration is was incorrect. Use Clover Configurator app to see by yourself and, in the SMBIOS tab, reselect the iMac14,2 profile. Yours is was just empty with no serial number, board id, etc.

In case it eluded you, to complete your upgrade, you have to reboot the "install macOS from..." partition until it disappears from the list and leaves you only with your target installation (and possibly Preboot + Recovery unless you hide them).

i have 5 partitions related to Mojave. 2 of them is install related. which one should i choose?

5 Partitions are

1. Preboot

2. Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot

3. Boot macOS Install from MOJA

4. MOJA

5. Recovery

MOJA is my OS partition.

tnx

5 hours ago, Hervé said:

now i have reboot loop.

what i did is:

- booted into #3 from clover

- installation process appeared and it took some time

- after that rebooted

- in clover menu, #3 is still there

- so booted into #3 from clover again

- another installation process appeared and it took some time too

- then rebooted

- now, in clover menu, #3 is gone

- i thought it went well, so booted into moja(#4)

- it rebooted during booting process and repeated again and again, hence reboot loop

could not catch whatever text/messages it throws before reboot, so no idea what causes loop.

tnx,

10 hours ago, Hervé said:

You have an unsupported Core2 platform that needs special tricks to run; some these tricks have to be reapplied after each update.

What you call a boot loop is the well-known C2D-C2Q boot reset that requires replacement of the telemetry Plugin to cure. See here for details (last 3 points if installation phase). You may be able to boot in single-user mode rather than from your USB installer, replace the file on the updated installation from USB and complete normal startup upon replacement. But it might be just as easy to boot from your USB installer on which you'll have previously copied 10.13.6's telemetry plugin at the root.

awesome, really awesome. thank you. high sierra telemetry plugin made it working. now i'm up to date.

ThankYou.thumb.png.23653e34d5f097db393d5a9cd8243287.png

i might went through this telemetry thing when i first installed Mojave, but seems like i completely forgot it.

tnx,