Computer wont boot from USB

chimera1234

3 posts in this topic

Hello

Hope this is the right place for this, if not I apologize in advance

So, here goes. I have managed to piece together a functioning build. I think its functional because it turns on, and I can enter the BIOS and edit the BIOS settings. So far so good. When I try to boot from the UEFI partition on my USB-High Sierra--installer however, I get nothing. My screen just goes black for a brief moment, and then goes to back to "select-device"-menu where i can choose from the UEFI partition, the USB itself or the installed SSD in my computer. No matter which option I choose, I get the same brief black screen before I am sent back to the "select-device"-menu. After trying to boot from the UEFI a couple of times in a row, the screen just goes black and nothing happens after that, no matter which key I press, and i have to reboot the computer in order to get to the BIOS. I have followed this guide for installing High-Sierra on the USB-installer: https://hackintosher.com/guides/make-macos-flash-drive-installer/ and followed these steps for adding Clover to the USB: 

Step 3 – Add Clover to EFI Boot Partition

1. Download Clover Configurator
  2. Open Clover Configurator
  3. Select Mount EFI under TOOLS
  4. Click Mount Partition for Install macOS….
  5. Click Open Partition (This is your EFI Folder)
  6. Delete the existing EFI folder if it’s in the partition
  7. Download Hackintosher’s High Sierra EFI.zip
  8. Unzip High Sierra EFI.zip
  9. Copy & Paste the unzipped EFI folder to mounted partition or /Volumes/EFI

Extra i3 Step:

Only if using an Coffee Lake i3-8100/8350k

1. Download & Unzip i3_Coffee_Lake_Pre_config.plist.zip
  2. Replace the config.plist in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ with the config.plist downloaded above

Extra Gigabyte Step:

1. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover of your mounted EFI partition
  2. Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  3. Highlight Acpi on left column
  4. Under fixes check FixShutdown
  5. Save config.plist

My hardware is:

CPU: Intel i3-8100

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX560 2.0

MOBO: Z370 HD3 1.0

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 (16GB)

ANY HELP WILL BE VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Here is a guide but like from earlier days, 

First of all milage may very as the more years one has been a member thru the countless updates the easier its become. Just keep at it.

First install clover on a GUID Partition map HFS+formatted USB flash drive or external HDD it works also and install clover on it with check mark clover Installation Type " Install for UEFI booting only" and "Install Clover in ESP" then mount with the clover configurator and add what you need as different versions of OS X or macOS required different kext or hacks