Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oschly

Stuck at AirPort_Brcm4331::initAirportFamily_kexts-1430.8...

2 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a problem with 10.14.4 on booting stage (photo).
My specs:

MOBO: Z390 MAG Tomahawk

CPU: i7-8700k

GPU: RX 580 Nitro+

Wifi: BCM4331CD

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16CL

I've updated every kext and driver (clover version too) and only difference is that I don't have lines informing about not loading kexts (common issue here as I see).

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_963.jpg

Advertisement

I found a problem. It's MSI's BIOS caused it. Flashing from 150 (newest from April) to 120 fixed it, 130 and 140 has same problem, so I don't recommend to update BIOS.

Now everything's fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JackRabbitSlim
      Hi everyone,
      This is my first hackintosh. To be completely honest there's still a lot I'm trying to figure out... And considering I can't even get the installer to begin, seems like there's something I'm just not understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I've specced the machine based on a multiple successful builds I've seen in various vanilla forums.
      I've set the recommended BIOS, double-checked, but can't even get to an installer screen despite following a Vanilla guide from a popular hackintosh youtuber.
      (Not sure if her links can be mentioned, posted etc... Just playing it safe since this is my 1st post...)

THE BUILD:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare
      i9 9900k
      Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse - 8 GB
      G.Skill TridentZ 3200 - 64 GB
      Samsung EVO 840 (This is a scrap drive. Planned on using it to get the build running first, then cloning my MP 5,1 HS image after.)
      Other Stuff: Bluetooth, USB, iGPU, etc not important yet... Current goal is just to get the machine booting... I'll focus on WIFI/BT etc after...

I've tried multiple SMBIOS profiles, (listed below). All of them prevent me from even booting the installer with the message below.
      At this point I'm wondering if the issue is HS related, or if there's a step that, although obvious to some, isn't obvious to me and overlooking somehow.

Message returned when attempting to boot the installer. (Pic attached):

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
      Reason: Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95

I also get an error when I click update in Clover saying: Package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install
      ^ Seems like this indicates I've missed a step or done something wrong?

Here's a list of the complete steps I've taken so far:

Double-checked BIOS settings according to each build.
      Built a vanilla installer based on the video I mentioned above, steps listed below... (I've done this twice now, confirming I followed the steps in the guide.)

Vanilla Installer Steps:
      Wiped and formatted my thumb drive with GUID Partition, HFS Extended (Journaled) Used terminal to create a bootable installer from a 10.13.6 installer I downloaded last june/july. Installed Clover Bootloader onto the Install macOS High Sierra partition of the thumb drive, and ticked: Clover for UEFI booting only, Install Clover into the ESP, VBox HFS-64, APFSDriverLoader-64, AptioMemoryFix-64 (leaving everything else unticked.)  
      Clover Configurator Steps:
      Mounted the Thumb Drive's EFI folder, opened C.C. and "downloaded" Lilu, WhateverGreen, & FakeSMC to the Other folder, & installed sensors. Deleted the default plist and manually created one using the Coffee Lake 'sample plist' from r/Vanilla Hackintosh Desktop Guide. Copy plist to the mounted EFI folder.  
      Open the plist with CC and did the following:
      Confirmed the following flags were set in CC's Boot section - Verbose (-v), dart=0, debug=0x100, & keepsyms=1 Tried 5 different SMBIOS profiles - iMac 18,1 ,  iMac 18,3 ,  iMac 19,1 , iMacPro 1,1 , and MacBookPro 15,1.  
      All result in the same Mac OS X is not supported on this platform message. The one suggestion I've found so far that seemed like it might work was to add the boot argument:
       -no_compat_check

Same results, installer won't start and I get the same message...

Seems like there must be something I've missed or I've done something wrong... I've spent the weekend searching, reading, etc, no luck so far...

A few questions:

I made the installer on my MacBook, not the build I'm trying to hack. Could this be related to the issue?            (I.e. - Does the vanilla method mean you need to create your SMBIOS profile on the actual machine you'll be Hackintoshing?)

Is there a 9900k or Sapphire RX580 compatibility patch needed for 10.13 I haven't seen mentioned in the Mojave builds?  
      Does the Clover update message package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install indicate something isn't right with my installer setup?  

Please excuse me if anything above isn't clear, I'm brand new to all this and frankly I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a lot of it!

• By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172

---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By SoThOr
      This was spurred on from a discussion in the Clover General thread. Where there was a debate on bcdedit being able create/read/edit (U)EFI Boot entries. I didn't think it appropriate to post all this information there and somebody may want to make use of this and its likely to get lost in that massive thread.

Out of curiosity I decided to see if I could create an EFI entry using bcdedit. What can I say I like a challenge.  Whilst is not a documented method by Microsoft, as it turns out in a round about way it IS possible to create an EFI entry using bcdedit and these are the steps I went through to add UEFI Shell located on a USB stick to the EFI entries. 

Third party software is available that can create and edit UEFI entries from Windows with better support and more features. I'm just making this information available in case those options are unavailable. 

DISCLAIMER - This is not a supported method. Use at your own risk. I recommend backing up your BCD/Firmware variables/settings beforehand.

1) Copy {bootmgr} entry.
      C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit /copy {bootmgr} /d "UEFI Shell" The entry was successfully copied to {34e8383c-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5}. 2) Edit the new entry using the new GUID bcdedit generated in the copy step.
        a) Set the device and path for UEFI shell on my USB stick.
      bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} device partition=G: bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} path \EFI\SHELL\SHELLX64.efi   b) Clean up some of the stuff that was copied from {bootmgr} (optional as far as I can tell, just makes things tidier in bcdedit)
      3) Put the new EFI entry first in boot order. (optional)

After completing the steps above, here is what "bcdedit /enum firmware" shows:

I shutdown my computer and when I turned my computer back on it booted up into UEFI Shell. After exiting the shell my PC went on to boot Windows.
      Here is the resulting dump using "bcfg boot dump -v" from that shell:

You may notice that the shell shows as "Windows Boot Manager" in the bcdedit output. This I believe is because of the "WINDOWS" at the beginning of the option data that bcdedit added to the EFI Boot entry. I also believe this why bcdedit shows my Windows 8 installation as "Firmware Application" because it has no option data. I don't know how to remove this data using bcdedit nor do I know how the option data, that bcdedit adds, will affect other EFI applications.

There might be a way to create the EFI entry without copying the Windows entry but if there is I'm unable to find any documentation on how one would do so. If you use the create command then it just puts it in the BCD and I'm unaware of a way to tell it to create it in EFI instead, other than by doing the above.
    • By Gorec
      Hi.
      I apologize in advance if I didn't post in the right category and if my title and description aren't specific enough :c

My config in a nutshell:
      CPU: i7 5820k GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB RAM: 16 GB MOBO: MSI X99 SLI PLUS I attached RunMe output with all the details of my built.

Some background:
      I have my Hackintosh for about half a year. That time I managed to make it works and fix major issues, but some of them left unresolved since then and I ignored them until now.
      I use my Hackintosh for Adobe projects (PR, AE, PS, IL, AU and a lot more) - most of them connected with video editing of course browsing with Chrome and other small tasks.

Problems:
      Random restarts - this is the biggest one. I'm starting to work on bigger and bigger projects and at this time I think I can't allow this to happen that often. In the past, they happened like once a day or a couple of times a week. However, now it's just frustrating when it happens even 5 or more times a day. I've tried to observe and find out what can be the cause but I haven't managed to find any connections. I thought it happens when Premiere or another app is using GPU, but I haven't seen increased usage when it restarts. I think that it can be connected with GPU, memory or PSU or... meh, anything else. I don't have resources to check if it'll work with other components. There should be some fix for this. I will really appreciate any help with this :c Restart instead of shutdown & sleep doesn't work. I've tried to look through some Google results for this and tried many solutions (as you can see in attached Clover folder), but I think the right one for many of these issues is to make my own DSDT. Glitches, freezes and other things while encoding a video. It happens very often when I try to do this. Maybe it is an issue with GPU or (hopefully) only with GPU drivers which can be fixed with some patch. Today my headphones stopped working. I have a multi-output device configured in the Audio MIDI Setup app which includes my headphones (HyperX Cloud via USB) and Soundflowerbed virtual audio device for capturing system audio. Today while I was trying (like 15 times) to encode a video in Media Encoder in the background and watch video on YouTube I stopped hearing anything from my system. Of course, it restarted a couple of times as always, but even this didn't solve this. If I plug them directly with mini jack (not via USB Soundcard which was in the box and which I always used) in the front IO or the back I only hear some loud noise It takes EX-Fat formatted volumes a few minutes to mount after each restart. I found a workaround to format it with NTFS since I have Tuxera installed and I will reformat these volumes when I will find time for this, but maybe there is some fix for this. GPU is a little bit hot. HW Monitor shows it is only 45-55 degrees, but for my hand is a little bit hot, idk. Also related to GPU - glitch after POST but before entering Clover boot menu. It is a black screen with little white squared glitches for a few seconds. Maybe it indicates the GPU drivers are loading, but maybe it shouldn't be like this. And if I can ask about that - I can't make all applications hide on startup. I, obviously, have "Hide" checkbox checked on every login item in settings, but it doesn't work, none of the apps is hidden in the dock. Is there a way to fix this? Also a small but annoying problem - I can't turn off permanently Mojave update notification (since I tried to install it, and I had to reverse to High Sierra because I had a black screen and I didn't have time for repairing all of them. Tags are not working in Finder - every time I tag a file or folder and make a change in it (for example save a text file) the tag disappears.  
      So, with knowing all of that, is there a way to make a proper DSDT file for my Hackintosh? I tried to look through some guides on how to make it but I think I reached my abilities to understand how Mac OS works and what all of these things are, so I'm asking you guys politely, would someone like to help me? At least with these random restarts? :/
      I really begin to think that I'm a newbie in configuring all of that Clover things - even after what I managed to do with my PC. Help me, pleease... :c

If you have any questions post it below, I will really appreciate any help <3
      Send me MBP-Gorec.home.zip
    • By kromakey
      Hello ,

Just changed my CPU to a E5450 to be able to Run Mojave , but now I can not run not even EL Capitan    (it was working well with CORE2DUO)

I already flashed a modified bios to be able to recognise the CPU.

here some print screens from Verbose :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kqWauSu5GZ9Kogxh7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6kL5YbiFBqLcGyz6

AZUS P5K PRO  - CPU E5450 - NVIDIA 9600GT - 5G RAM 

ANY HELP is APPRECIATED

Thanks/Obrigado

Kromakey