New SSD In MacBook Pro Retina 2012 with Adapter

1 post in this topic

I really need your help! I buyed a 2012 Mac Book Pro Retina (A1398) and wanted to replace the original 265GB SSD with a bigger one. 

Internet gave me the recommendation to buy a 1 TB EVO 850 mSATA V-NAND in combination with the following Adapter: https://www.amazon.de/Informatique-Adapter-Montage-MacBook-Retina/dp/B018KF1CSA

I've screwed both in my macbook and it worked fine for 2 weeks and after that the whole system failed. (I couldn't restart my mac and Disk Utillity couldn't activate the SSD anymore. It says that my system is damaged.)

One guy recommented me the 860 EVO instead of 850 because it's newer and cheaper,also compatible, 

and some new Adapter which is maybe not a cheap China one. 

An other guy told me not to use any Adapter at all as being constantly installed in my motherboard because it only will be causing trouble.

I don't know what to do anymore. So my question is, what should I buy or not and how the hell I get out of this trouble.

I need this system for every day work (audio production) and i need it to work very reliable and stable.

Thank you very very much!