Jump to content
Shaneee

AMD Vanilla Kernel

164 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, carlo_67 said:

5770 has no native support in Mojave, you will find support 7000 series

..oooonooo... :( 5770 fell out...
The R7 360 has remained. I try 0x665C1002 id, it works for HighSierra. The same result. ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate....... :(

Edited by NMZI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
10 hours ago, carlo_67 said:

Update Clover, Are you using WEG and lilu in Clover / kext?


Do not use injectATI flag 

 

Added 0x665F1002 id in AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext Contents/info.plist

Inject 0x665C1002 id in CLOVER/DEVICES/Fake ID/ATI, +InjectATI, +RadeonDeInit (This config work on HighSierra)

 

I try in the night:

Clover 4920, 4934 and...

latest lilu and whateverGreen in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14,

+ or - fixDisplay, + or - injectATI, + or - RadeonDeInit, hdmi or displayport,

but no result. :(

:cry:

Edited by NMZI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my current config looks like this:

 

Hardware:

FX-4300 (Piledriver, 15h Gen2 Family)

ASUS M5A97 R2.0

8GB RAM

HD5770

 

Kext list:

AHCIPortInjector

AppleALC

FakeSMC

GenericUSBXHCI

Lilu

NullCPUPowerManagement

RealtekRTL8111

WhateverGreen

XLNCUSBFix

 

Clover config:

AMD Vanilla GitHub repo

 

Boot args in Clover:

-v npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=Yes

 

and my BIOS settings looks like this, all SATA ports set to AHCI mode, Legacy USB Support and EHCI Hand-Off set to enabled.

 

@Shaneee I've insert my USB stick to the usb 2.0 ports which are straight-to-motherboard. I was trying to change them while getting "Still waiting" error but no luck, I've still got a bunch of errors that you can see on the last jpg I've attached. Maybe I'm missing some kext? I'm not sure if I should use USBInjectAll? Also should I change something in config.plist? I'm using Vanilla generic config right now, the only thing I change is USBBusFix=Yes argument.

photo5433962335246068607.jpg

photo5433829728130804438.jpg

photo5433829728130804437.jpg

photo5433962335246068608.jpg

Edited by vikwinchester
edit some things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NMZI said:

 

Added 0x665F1002 id in AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext Contents/info.plist

Inject 0x665C1002 id in CLOVER/DEVICES/Fake ID/ATI, +InjectATI, +RadeonDeInit (This config work on HighSierra)

 

I try in the night:

Clover 4920, 4934 and...

latest lilu and whateverGreen in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14,

+ or - fixDisplay, + or - injectATI, + or - RadeonDeInit, hdmi or displayport,

but no result. :(

:cry:

Try putting kext only in Other, do not use + or - fixDisplay, + or - injectATI, + or - RadeonDeInit hdmi or displayport

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, carlo_67 said:

Try putting kext only in Other, do not use + or - fixDisplay, + or - injectATI, + or - RadeonDeInit hdmi or displayport

 

I putt the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other ... ...no results... but!!! I try clean install 10.14.4 ...get to this point: Select your keyboard! then the window disappears and then restarts.

IMG_20190528_210642.jpg

Edited by NMZI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shaneee

 

I thought if carlo_67 was working at 10.14.5, working for me too. His signature was FX8350. My CPU FX8300.
I'm sorry for my mistake! carlo_67 is a very lucky guy with no problem 10.14.5.

This XLNC pathed kernel only work in 10.14.1?

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=318002

 

@ Carlo_67

 

In the first round I cloned 1 completed 10.14.5 installation from my intel laptop. I couldn't start it. :
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337984-amd-vanilla-kernel/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2675323

 

In second round clean install 10.14.4. my amd pc. Then this error. :

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337984-amd-vanilla-kernel/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-2675434

Edited by NMZI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El'Xsanori Leo said:

Is your version of Mac OS X supported by patches?

Снимок экрана 2019-06-10 в 11.14.59.png

yes highsierra 17G65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 2:52 PM, Shaneee said:

 

i made a macos usb installer following this guide: https://vanilla.amd-osx.com . when i try to boot it with clover bootloader shows this screen and im stuck with it

 

20190708-002654-1.jpg

 

how can i install mojave 18f132 ? i got an asus prime a320m-k motherboard with ryzen 3 2200g processor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMD Ryzen ZEN 2 3600 HACKINTOSH test successfully July 10, 2019

Very happy to inform AMD users, linjimmy has been installed and tested successfully.

 

CINEBENCH_R15 OPENGL TEST

The graphics card runs normally.

AMD ZEN2 3600+AMD RX 560 4G is 103.59fps  lol

AMD ZEN   1700+AMD RX 560 4G is 73.29fps  low

 

Thanks Shaneee

 

 

 

0A36709794FBF2A5DC393ED02E5966BD.jpg

8A519FF0-8B8B-4562-A25B-2FFE5BD76488.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linjimmy said:

AMD Ryzen ZEN 2 3600 HACKINTOSH test successfully July 10, 2019

Very happy to inform AMD users, linjimmy has been installed and tested successfully.

 

CINEBENCH_R15 OPENGL TEST

The graphics card runs normally.

AMD ZEN2 3600+AMD RX 560 4G is 103.59fps  lol

AMD ZEN   1700+AMD RX 560 4G is 73.29fps  low

 

Thanks Shaneee

 

 

 

0A36709794FBF2A5DC393ED02E5966BD.jpg

8A519FF0-8B8B-4562-A25B-2FFE5BD76488.png

It seems that you are not the first one. 

https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=8869

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swapped the 2700x in my build for a 3900x. System booted fine and CPU is running well using Clover patches

My RVII seems to have lost hardware acceleration after swapping the CPU so I'm still working on a solution for my GPU. Maybe someone here can shed a light on it.

RAM is running fine at 3733 16-15-15-32 1.375v

Screen_Shot_2019-07-11_at_5.14.28_PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 7:22 AM, linjimmy said:

AMD Ryzen ZEN 2 3600 HACKINTOSH test successfully July 10, 2019

Very happy to inform AMD users, linjimmy has been installed and tested successfully.

 

CINEBENCH_R15 OPENGL TEST

The graphics card runs normally.

AMD ZEN2 3600+AMD RX 560 4G is 103.59fps  lol

AMD ZEN   1700+AMD RX 560 4G is 73.29fps  low

 

Thanks Shaneee

 

 

 

0A36709794FBF2A5DC393ED02E5966BD.jpg

8A519FF0-8B8B-4562-A25B-2FFE5BD76488.png

Did you do anything special for your GPU? After updated from 2700x to 3900x my Radeon VII no longer has acceleration and isn't recognized as an OpenCL device for benches. I tried updating to the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen but it doesn't change. Before I swapped CPUs I didn't need to run Whatevergreen at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 2:52 AM, kundica said:

Did you do anything special for your GPU? After updated from 2700x to 3900x my Radeon VII no longer has acceleration and isn't recognized as an OpenCL device for benches. I tried updating to the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen but it doesn't change. Before I swapped CPUs I didn't need to run Whatevergreen at all.

 Radeon VII Requires 10.14.5+

 

Radeon VII may be required

Boot Arguments Add to : agdpmod=pikera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Radeon VII Requires 10.14.5+
 
Radeon VII may be required
Boot Arguments Add to : agdpmod=pikera
I'm running 10.14.5. I was also running the same system with a 2700x and my GPU worked fine. All I did was swap the 2700x for a 3900x and my GPU lost acceleration.

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kundica said:

I'm running 10.14.5. I was also running the same system with a 2700x and my GPU worked fine. All I did was swap the 2700x for a 3900x and my GPU lost acceleration.

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk
 

BIOS- PEG 16X AUTO to GEN3 test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kundica said:

I'm running 10.14.5. I was also running the same system with a 2700x and my GPU worked fine. All I did was swap the 2700x for a 3900x and my GPU lost acceleration.

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk
 

May be an NVRAM problem, please try to press F11 in CLOVER and then initialize the BIOS.

If you still have problems, try:
CMOS clear, disconnect the power cord, more than 10-20 minutes. Try again.

Because some motherboard settings information is recorded inside the AMD CPU.

 

 

Buckle the battery, as shown below

u=1980129653,613545956&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

Edited by linjimmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, linjimmy said:
BIOS- PEG 16X AUTO to GEN3 test

This solved the GPU issue. Thanks a ton!

 

It's worth mentioning that the system becomes unstable after several minutes and reboots. It only happens when the GPU is recognized correctly.

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk
 

Edited by kundica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×