Almost Success? Alienware Aurora R7

h2onions

1 post in this topic

Hey all,

First Hackintosh that I think I have completed! I've been working on it on and off for a month, but just grinded it this past weekend. I just have a small QOL issue. I have posted in the r/Hackintosh reddit, but have not gotten a reply to this specific issue, but did for other issues I was having. I also posted at tonymacx86 and was getting replies for other issues I was having, but got banned because I said, "used VM, but didn't work" in my OP I think :blink:...

I followed a PC vanilla guide from r/Hackintosh that I found as I did not have an Apple system. One monitor connected to a GTX 1080, CPU: i7-8700, Coffee Lake. Motherboard is Alienware specific 0VDT73, with chipset Z370.

The issue is every time High Sierra boots up and gets to the login screen, my keyboard and mouse do not work. I only have to reseat both and then they work the whole time until I restart. They are both plugged into USB2.0 ports. I do have Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBInjectAll, and VoodooPS2 installed in my /Library/Extensions folder using #####. Mouse and Keyboard work fine each time I boot to Clover (USB). Any ideas?

Thank you!

Working: NVIDIA using (One) DisplayPort, USB3.0 (rear), USB-C (rear), USB2.0 (rear), Audio, Ethernet

EDIT: Did some more testing, and it looks like my Keyboard works fine after each reboot, the only issue is that my mouse has to continuously be reseated. Any ideas? Could it just be the mouse?It's an old Inland USB mouse: 337451

Edited by h2onions