chan29ster

Zotac GTX 1060 6gb AMP! Edition Not able to boot my OS X 10.12.6 after installing web drivers

22 posts in this topic

Hello 

My Config is

Intel core i5 9400f
Gigabyte z390 aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard (with latest BIOS version F9a)
8gb x 2 Corsair Vengeance Ram 3000 Mhz
Zotac GTX 1060 Amp! Edition 6gb (Dual Fan)
1 TB Baracuda Hard Disk
Corsair Spec Delta Atc Cabinet
TP-Link w832n USB Wifi Dongle for wifi 

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

I am able to get onboard audio, bluetooth, ethernet and all USB ports working.

But as I install Nvidia web drivers and input boot flag "nada_drv=1" my screen gets stuck at 

IOConsoleUsers : time(0) 0->0, Lin 0, lik 1

IOConsoleUsers : gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Please help me 

Thanks

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

I assume you meant nvda_drv=1 (not nada_drv=1 :)) which is basically what you get for setting/activating nVidia Web Driver in CC does. But please post a copy of your Clover config so that we can check it out, just in case.

Edited by Hervé

15 minutes ago, Hervé said:

I assume you meant nvda_drv=1 (not nada_drv=1 :)) which is basically for setting/activating nVidia Web Driver in CC does. But please post a copy of your Clover config so that we can check it out, just in case.

Oh.. I'm really sorry I forgot to attach the efi folder and screenshot of the error.

Below I have attached the link of my EFI folder and the screenshot of the error which I'm getting right now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k1WRNJZXbKX58_1eSXIkqcvhGtk1os_7

IMG_20190316_214659.jpg

Posted (edited)

Clover config looks Ok to me. However, you're injecting a SSDT for your nVidia card. Try without it.

Edited by Hervé

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

Clove config looks Ok to me. However, you're injecting a SSDT for your nVidia card. Try without it.

Thanks 

Ok will try right now and let you know what next I am getting.

7 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Clove config looks Ok to me. However, you're injecting a SSDT for your nVidia card. Try without it.

I tried as you said. But still not working. Also I have attached one more Screenshot of the screen where it got sucked.

if boot by nv_disable=1 then I'm able to take log in to my screen

Please help from last one week I'm trying to get all things work in said machine configuration.

IMG_20190316_223012.jpg

Can't say, really. Your screenshots do show that the nVidia Web Driver is loading ("NVDAStartupWeb") but it's as if it's not completing properly. You could try re-installing it and make sure you install the Web Driver version that matches your Sierra version.

Is this a full vanilla Sierra installation or a distro?

26 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Clover config looks Ok to me. However, you're injecting a SSDT for your nVidia card. Try without it.

Somewhere in forums of InsanleyMac I  found one app as "Runme" and now I am attaching one folder link which got created through this app. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15H-0SogWpGfi3rfsdDJjkqbL4vR4QljF

3 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Can't say, really. Your screenshots do show that the nVidia Web Driver is loading ("NVDAStartupWeb") but it's as if it's not completing properly. You could try re-installing it and make sure you install the Web Driver version that matches your Sierra version.

Is this a full vanilla Sierra installation or a distro?

Yes its full vanilla Sierra Installation

Posted (edited)

Ok, so your SysProfile shows Sierra 10.12.6 build 16G1815. You should therefore install the nVidia Web Driver version 378.05.05.25f13, available here:

I don't know if that's what you installed knowing that your SysProfiler showed that your Web Driver kexts version is 10.18.5:

WebDriver_kexts_version.jpg.460096898c352866e1678af4f93687c5.jpg

I've not looked into the relevant Sierra Web Driver available at above link to check version of the kexts it contains. But I can tell you that the Web Driver kexts installed on your system does not appear to include the necessary drivers required for your Pascal GTX1060. If you look at the above picture, you'll notice the following Web Driver NVDAxxxxWeb kexts, where xxxx is:

• GF100Hal -> F is for Fermi cards
  • GK100Hal -> K is for Kepler cards (the generation that followed Fermi)
  • GM100Hal -> M is for Maxwell cards (the generation that followed Kepler)
  • NV50HalTesla -> is for older Tesla cards

but nothing for Pascal cards (Pascal generation followed Maxwell).

What you basically need to establish is if the last nVidia Web Driver for Sierra supports Pascal cards or not. The nVidia web site should provide the answer. If the stated Web Driver does into support Pascal cards, you would have to upgrade to High Sierra because Web Driver for High Sierra certainly supports Pascal cards (I've got one). Mojave is not good of course...

Edited by Hervé

Ok, I've downloaded Web Driver v378.05.05.25f13 and checked it out in Pacifist. Kexts are indeed v10.18.5 and the Pascal driver is present (NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext). I attach a copy of it.

NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext.zip

Maybe you did not install the Web Driver properly; I would recommend you re-install it, having downloaded it again from the above link.

Ok, I've downloaded Web Driver v378.05.05.25f13 and checked it out in Pacifist. Kexts are indeed v10.18.5 and the Pascal driver is present

Isn’t 10.18.5 the version Marty used in Back To The Future?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Ok, I've downloaded Web Driver v378.05.05.25f13 and checked it out in Pacifist. Kexts are indeed v10.18.5 and the Pascal driver is present (NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext). I attach a copy of it.

NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext.zip

Maybe you did not install the Web Driver properly; I would recommend you re-install it, having downloaded it again from the above link.

I have already reinstalled this version of drivers https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.05.05.25f13.pkg but still same problem I'm getting.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hervé said:

try to add "Inject nVidia" to your Clover config.

I tried as u said but I need to use nv_disable=1 as web drivers are installed. and also my screen resolution got changed to 1024x768 and graphic card after injecting shows me 256mb

pls help

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.41.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.41.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.44.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.52.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.53.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.53.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 12.53.27 PM.png

Edited by chan29ster

10 hours ago, Hervé said:

try to add "Inject nVidia" to your Clover config.

Please Help Me From This Problem

And also let me know that this card does really support hackintosh as for above mentioned configuration. 

16 hours ago, Hervé said:

NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext.zip

I have tested Nvidia Quadro M5000 8gb card by installing Nvidia web Drivers 378.05.05.25f13 and without any boot flags it worked smoothly 

also i have tested asus gt 210 2gb card this also worked by inject Nvidia.

But my Zotac GTX 1060 6gb Amp! Edition card is creating the same problem as earlier which I have posted in above post.

please help me with this. Or else if you recommend me to switch to other card then I’m looking for Sapphire RX 580 pulse 8gb 

Sapphire RX 580 nitro 8gb

or

Asus Rx 580 8gb

If it led me to change my graphic card my budget will get increase more.

please help me out to fix with this.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Try a different SMBIOS than iMac17,1. That can also influence on graphics acceleration / graphics card support.

Nothing else to offer...

Edited by Hervé

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hervé said:

Try a different SMBIOS than iMac17,1. That can also influence on graphics acceleration / graphics card support.

Nothing else to offer...

Thanks for reply

I tried iMac18,3 in that too getting same problem. Any other SMBIOS if you would recommend me.

Also getting an error

IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknown CPU model 0x9e

--power management may be incomplete or unsupported

IMG_20190317_194102.jpg

Edited by chan29ster

After trying many things.. I had to change my graphic card from zotac gtx 1060 amp edition 8gb to Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ OC 8gb. And successfully I got the display and other things properly working. But when any drive is connected to the system and i try to shutdown the system. it gets reboot in macOS 10.12.6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gorec
      Hi.
      I apologize in advance if I didn't post in the right category and if my title and description aren't specific enough :c

My config in a nutshell:
      CPU: i7 5820k GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB RAM: 16 GB MOBO: MSI X99 SLI PLUS I attached RunMe output with all the details of my built.

Some background:
      I have my Hackintosh for about half a year. That time I managed to make it works and fix major issues, but some of them left unresolved since then and I ignored them until now.
      I use my Hackintosh for Adobe projects (PR, AE, PS, IL, AU and a lot more) - most of them connected with video editing of course browsing with Chrome and other small tasks.

Problems:
      Random restarts - this is the biggest one. I'm starting to work on bigger and bigger projects and at this time I think I can't allow this to happen that often. In the past, they happened like once a day or a couple of times a week. However, now it's just frustrating when it happens even 5 or more times a day. I've tried to observe and find out what can be the cause but I haven't managed to find any connections. I thought it happens when Premiere or another app is using GPU, but I haven't seen increased usage when it restarts. I think that it can be connected with GPU, memory or PSU or... meh, anything else. I don't have resources to check if it'll work with other components. There should be some fix for this. I will really appreciate any help with this :c Restart instead of shutdown & sleep doesn't work. I've tried to look through some Google results for this and tried many solutions (as you can see in attached Clover folder), but I think the right one for many of these issues is to make my own DSDT. Glitches, freezes and other things while encoding a video. It happens very often when I try to do this. Maybe it is an issue with GPU or (hopefully) only with GPU drivers which can be fixed with some patch. Today my headphones stopped working. I have a multi-output device configured in the Audio MIDI Setup app which includes my headphones (HyperX Cloud via USB) and Soundflowerbed virtual audio device for capturing system audio. Today while I was trying (like 15 times) to encode a video in Media Encoder in the background and watch video on YouTube I stopped hearing anything from my system. Of course, it restarted a couple of times as always, but even this didn't solve this. If I plug them directly with mini jack (not via USB Soundcard which was in the box and which I always used) in the front IO or the back I only hear some loud noise It takes EX-Fat formatted volumes a few minutes to mount after each restart. I found a workaround to format it with NTFS since I have Tuxera installed and I will reformat these volumes when I will find time for this, but maybe there is some fix for this. GPU is a little bit hot. HW Monitor shows it is only 45-55 degrees, but for my hand is a little bit hot, idk. Also related to GPU - glitch after POST but before entering Clover boot menu. It is a black screen with little white squared glitches for a few seconds. Maybe it indicates the GPU drivers are loading, but maybe it shouldn't be like this. And if I can ask about that - I can't make all applications hide on startup. I, obviously, have "Hide" checkbox checked on every login item in settings, but it doesn't work, none of the apps is hidden in the dock. Is there a way to fix this? Also a small but annoying problem - I can't turn off permanently Mojave update notification (since I tried to install it, and I had to reverse to High Sierra because I had a black screen and I didn't have time for repairing all of them. Tags are not working in Finder - every time I tag a file or folder and make a change in it (for example save a text file) the tag disappears.  
      So, with knowing all of that, is there a way to make a proper DSDT file for my Hackintosh? I tried to look through some guides on how to make it but I think I reached my abilities to understand how Mac OS works and what all of these things are, so I'm asking you guys politely, would someone like to help me? At least with these random restarts? :/
      I really begin to think that I'm a newbie in configuring all of that Clover things - even after what I managed to do with my PC. Help me, pleease... :c

If you have any questions post it below, I will really appreciate any help <3
      Send me MBP-Gorec.home.zip
    • By Legomann
      Hello all,

I'm about to build a hackintosh and want to share my findings in that process. Also maybe get some help. 

The goal is to have a fast Mac with large disk capacity for image processing and a Windows gaming machine at the same time. The components I chose:
      MSI Z390 Gaming plus i5 9600K 6cores with HD630 graphics 2x8GB Crucial DDR4-2666 nVidia GTX650 Ti (will be replaced later by Vega or Navi card) 1TB Samsung 970 Evo plus NVMe + 4TB WD blue Disk as fusion drive  
      What is working:
      Windows boots and games run. Installation was a bit tricky:
      the GTX650 has no UEFI Disk partition has to be GPT since it should be shared between Windows and OSX Windows only installs on a GPT drive if the setup is purely UEFI. I ended up with a 2 screen setup with the secondary monitor on the HD630 being the boot display. The Windows driver uses the GTX650 without problems. 
      Disabling CSM is important, on MSI this is hidden under the odd entrance "Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support" that has to be enabled(!). 

Booting and Installing OSX from USB stick. I found this post most useful as a starting point. After some trial and error I managed to boot with the HD630 into the installer
      The board has bios version 7B51v14, the most recent is not working (will check again when the system runs without error) Clean up EFI folder, update clover, apfs.efi (from osx installation). Clover folder is attached. Onboard ethernet is working with IntelMausiEthernet V2.4.0  

Not working (TODO list): 
      Fusion drive: Mojave does not support fusion drives. Instead, the installer tries to convert a fusion drive to apfs which, since Mojave, has a similar feature. From command line, I can create a apfs "fusion drive" with some modified commands:
      (will supply later)
      However: I seems that afp is buggy when it has to share the disks with other partitions. The plan was to have Windows too on the SSD and a common transfer partition on the spinning disk. Setup of the "fusion drive" was fine, but the installer always crashes without message, presumably in the moment it tries to access the disk. At the moment OSX is installed on a separate disk, will continue to investigate.

HD630: No acceleration, 6MB video memory
      GTX650: No output at all, but card is shown in profiler. Thought it would be supported ootb.
      Speedstep: CPU power usage around 8W in idle.
      Audio
      USB3
      turn off crappy board illumination

CLOVER.zip
    • By Oschly
      Hi! I have a problem with 10.14.4 on booting stage (photo).
      My specs:

MOBO: Z390 MAG Tomahawk
      CPU: i7-8700k
      GPU: RX 580 Nitro+
      Wifi: BCM4331CD
      RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16CL

I've updated every kext and driver (clover version too) and only difference is that I don't have lines informing about not loading kexts (common issue here as I see).

• By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77102#p77102

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By DaHarry
      I have installed Hackintosh on to my System, but the CPU cooler is obviously louder then on Windows.
      I am using right now VirtualSMC.kext, but since FakeSMC provides temperature measurement tools, and VirtualSMC not, I asked my self if that might be a hint for my loud cooler?
      My question, has somebody tried maybe both and even compared them? And is FakeSMC maybe less noisy?
      Is it enough to just mount EFI partition, and delete the VirtualSMC.kext and put instead FakeSMC.kexts ? Without any fancy kext installation tool or terminal commands, just replace files and restart in enough?
      My System:
      Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra
      CPU: Intel i9 9900k
      CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4
      GPU: Vega 64
      Ram: 2x16GB Corsair 3200
      SSD: 1TB Adata M.2

The Tutorial i have used - https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh/blob/master/STEP_BY_STEP.md

Really works like a charm besides, the more noisy cooler, which i bought because it is extra quietly.
      I asked first at tonymac's forum, but they deleted the post because I haven't used their tool, really disgustig.. I really hope to never use their tools, and I hope here the information freedom is more respected.
      #f. tonyhoremacs