Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urutule15

Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatibility, please help

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am here because I have recently downloaded iATKOS S3, and it appears I am able to boot it through DVD on my fairly new Acer Aspire ES-17 ES1-731 with an Intel Celeron N3150 1.6 GHz 4 core processor and 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB hard drive.

Now, I know the consequences of Hackintosh on an Intel Celeron such as this one, but I just want to do something for fun. I have a little problem here though, my touchpad does not work. I have tried putting a mouse in through USB and that won't work either. I have tried USBBusFix=Yes and still nothing. I have heard you can find kexts for such a situation, maybe that would help. But I'm new in that field and I'm not sure where to start or how to even put them in the distro. I have had another situation when installing the same distro except on an HP Pavillion G6, but hard drive was not detected, everything else worked. So I'll need some help trying to find drivers for hard drive too, because I don't want any surprises.

Please help, thank you,

Have a great day.

LwgMK3.png

Advertisement

That's far too recent hardware for Snow Leopard. From your info, Snow Leopard does not natively support anything beyond Sandy Bridge. Your Celeron is Braswell generation. I can't remember if that ever was supported at all; Cherry Trail were not, Bay Trail were not either... The integrated graphics certainly won't be, so there is very little point trying to turn this laptop into a Hackintosh; you simply would not be able to use it without graphics acceleration.

Edited by Hervé

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

That's far too recent hardware for Snow Leopard. From your info, Snow Leopard does not natively support anything beyond Sandy Bridge. Your Celeron is Braswell generation. I can't remember if that ever was supported at all. The integrated graphics certainly won't be, so there is very little point trying to turn this laptop into a Hackintosh; you simply would not be able to use it without graphics acceleration.

Yes, I know, but I will not use this as a daily driver. Just for fun, see where it goes.