Wayang-NT

[pre-release] macOS Mojave 10.14.4

194 posts in this topic

i have this issue on 10.14.4 from beta1 to beta4, my card is RX 560, with or without whatevergreen.kext, the same, here is how to replay the issue

1. put macOS to sleep

2. wake up right away

3. check kernel logs: log show --last 2m | grep -i -E "amd|radeon|gfx0|gpu"

4. error messages: 

kernel: (AMDFramebuffer) --> IOP: FB:0 has been busy for 121 cycles with 0x51 transactions, busy? 1.

kernel: (AMDFramebuffer) CRITICAL ERROR : VUPDATE interrupt has not been generated in time!

kernel: (AMDFramebuffer) CRITICAL ERROR : VBLANK interrupt has not been generated in time!

after this, once the RX 560 reaches 50 degree in c by using it, the fan will go crazy to 2500 rpm and above, which makes quite a loud noise.  looks like RX 570 also have the error messages, but no fan issue. 

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Update for 14.4 beta 5, ran once again easily on the = X58 == Fujitsu Celsius R670 ===  Clover_v2.4k_r4898  :thumbsup_anim:

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 08.31.45.png

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 13.15.30.png

Edited by Rockey12

X58 is still quite a reliable and capable platform. I got two nearly ten years old machines but they seems to work like they were brand new. Did you notice some improvement, if any, with Geekbench results?

4 hours ago, Vampirexx said:

There is a workaround to make it work the geforce 1060 gtx on mojave?

Yep! Honestly, there is even more than one option! In fact, at least three options! Either Nvidia and Apple come to an agreement and decide to publish the Web Driver dedicated to Mojave, or you trade your graphics for an AMD RX or Vega, or just use Windows or Linux... ;)

14 hours ago, Fergarth said:

Yep! Honestly, there is even more than one option! In fact, at least three options! Either Nvidia and Apple come to an agreement and decide to publish the Web Driver dedicated to Mojave, or you trade your graphics for an AMD RX or Vega, or just use Windows or Linux... ;)

Lol very useful indeed :D i mean kext workaround or injection, not "buy something else or install something else" anyway thanx.... let's hope Apple and Nvidia come to an accord

Posted (edited)

Maybe what we need is a FakeNVIDIA kext.

There's other Fake kexts around for network, usb etc, so why not for NVIDIA

OR some way of Faking the ID to a card that is compatible:thumbsup_anim:

Current Cards should be backward compatible I'd say.

Edited by STLVNUB

22 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Maybe what we need is a FakeNVIDIA kext.

There's other Fake kexts around for network, usb etc, so why not for NVIDIA

OR some way of Faking the ID to a card that is compatible:thumbsup_anim:

Current Cards should be backward compatible I'd say.

They aren't. There are fundamental architecture differences between Nvidia generations that necessitate driver-level changes in how they interface with the hardware. 

Besides, we already have ways to fake PCI ids for devices via clover and that doesn't work.

2 hours ago, Zakk4223 said:

They aren't.

They aren't what?

So a DX12 GC can't do DX9? They sure can, software and hardware wise.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that IF Nvidia can't put out a web driver for Mojave, that some smart individual

will  figure out a way to make them work, and I also suspect that it won't be that hard to do.

is there any other way than switchresx to set the display millions of colors, esp. to set it permanently?:( it always changes into billions of colors after I update.

thanks.:thumbsup_anim: