About Just Joined group Read more... ×
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By y010204025
      Update: On October 24, 2020, using clover to solve the macOS11 beta10 boot problem, you can now enjoy macOS11beta10, and the compatibility of subsequent versions is not guaranteed.
      HIDPI uses a modified version. You can directly execute the hidpi script to get a better experience. If you lose the repair, it is not within the scope of my support.
      Support upgrades without destroying the integrity of the original image.
      There seems to be a problem with the shortcut keys. If you can help solve it, thank you for your contribution.

Perhaps it was the first NEC (Lenovo) Lavie Z HZ550 to install hackintosh. I hope more people who like Lavie Z series can experience Hackintosh at HZ550. She is really great.

I found HZ550 & HZ750 on the Chinese website, which is amazing. It weighs only 790g, 13.3 inches, and the standard 2k screen, which is too attractive to me. I am a Hackintosh enthusiast. I think HZ550 or HZ750 with MacOS is the best Unfortunately, the Lavie Z series is not listed in China, only exists in the Japanese and American markets, and in the Japanese market is the NEC brand, while the American market uses the Lenovo logo.

Fortunately, I got an HZ550 from Taobao. Yes, not HZ750. In comparison, HZ750 has more touch screens and 360 ° flip. These are hard to attract me. More importantly, HZ750 is about 200g heavier than HZ550 That's why I chose HZ550. Well, because he is only 2,000 RMB.

The specific introduction can refer to NEC Japan official website:http://nec-lavie.jp/products/hz13b/

The HZ550 hardware list I obtained:

-/+:.          ningnan@ningnandeMacBook-Air
                      :++++.          OS: 64bit Mac OS X 10.15.5 19F96
                     /+++/.           Kernel: x86_64 Darwin 19.5.0
             .:-::- .+/:-``.::-       Uptime: 19m
          .:/++++++/::::/++++++/:`    Packages: 1
        .:///////////////////////:`   Shell: zsh 5.7.1
        ////////////////////////`     Resolution: 3840x2160
       -+++++++++++++++++++++++`      DE: Aqua
       /++++++++++++++++++++++/       WM: Quartz Compositor
       /sssssssssssssssssssssss.      WM Theme: Blue (Dark)
       :ssssssssssssssssssssssss-     Disk: 11G / 108G (12%)
        osssssssssssssssssssssssso/`  CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U @ 2.40GHz
        `syyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy+`  GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100
         `ossssssssssssssssssssss/    RAM: 4376MiB / 8192MiB
           :ooooooooooooooooooo+.    
            `:+oo+/:-..-:/+o+/-     

Advantages: small size, light weight, 2K screen, 8G memory, 512g SSD, keyboard feels good, and wireless network card can be replaced, which is unimaginable in today's thin and light books.
      Disadvantages: The sound is small, almost the same as the mosquitoes.

Ok, bragging is over!
      In order to use the wireless network, I changed the wireless network card from inter 7265 to BCM94352ZAE. Some people called it DW1560. It is uncomfortable that in China, this card and his elder brother DW1830 were hyped to a high price of 480RMB. of. Fortunately, I bought it early, and this card is also very stable under win10, and there is no high delay and outage. The hard disk should be PM951 of Samsung, not PM981, which is lucky.   Before installing Hackintosh: You need to prepare a 16G U disk, SanDisk is not a rough choice for making MacOS installation disk, I used the latest MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, got config.plist from Rehabman, and put together an EFI, the latest version of clover and kext drivers. Thanks to Rehabman and the developers of the Black Apple community. I do n’t like that OC team very much.
      Make an installation disk: If you have a computer running MacOS, you can use the command line to make it, if you do n’t have a computer running MacOS, you can try VMware, I know that the insanelymac forum allows discussion, or use ether to write the image to U disk, use the EFI I provided to boot into the installation process.   BIOS setting: Press F12 at boot to enter the BIOS settings, Tab switches to "Security-Secure boot", set to "DISable", this is what we need, and switch to "Boot -Boot devices", set the U disk as the first boot item You can directly enter the clover guide interface, please follow it for google it.
      It is worth noting that the remaining space of your EFI partition needs to be greater than 200M, otherwise, the disk format will be wrong. In addition, the format partition format is APFS, do not choose to encrypt, your data is not valuable, at least you must have this awareness of Hackintosh, the file safe is also the same, do not enable, do not use to find your mac, otherwise, change the machine, OK .   Fortunately, no additional ssdt patch is required. All the patch functions are implemented through clover. The flat Apple is turned on. This is to solve the problem of the flower screen. You can find a solution yourself.
      Experience your black apple, this will bring a better experience than MacBook Pro.  

• By Del
      I have been trying to get my Lenovo G570 i5 2430M with HD3000 (id: 116) to work for almost 2 months. Mountain Lion works flawlessly but Mavericks onwards, display stays off with the exact same setup (Chameleon: Extra folder with smbios mbp8,1 included in attachment)

I'm able to boot and see the screen with remote desktop but internal display stays off.

found an old post which fixed issue for few users

I understand HD3000 is natively supported till High Sierra, which is why I'm totally baffled and out of ideas to proceed with.

Any help is greatly appreciated
      Thanks

@jl4c
      Alex.zip
    • By miliuco
      What is CFG Lock and MSR 0xE2?

CFG Lock is a BIOS setting that allows writing to a specific register, in this case MSR E2 (MSR = Model Specific Register). An MSR consists of one or more registers in blocks of instructions used to do certain tasks on a CPU. MTRs are also used to control CPU's access to memory ranges. Commands capable of reading and writing to MSR work with elevated privileges (the operating system, primarily).

Many motherboards come from factory with MSR E2 region locked (read but not write) and quite a few of them even hide this option in BIOS user interface. In those that do show the option to block or unblock this variable, it is usually called CFG Lock. CFG Lock is a bit with 2 values, 0x1 or 0x0. When it is 0x1, macOS cannot write into this region and kernel patches are required.

macOS wants to write this registry, both the Kernel and AppleIntelPowerManagement. It defines the C-states of the CPU, which is why it is essential for macOS. Without the ability to write to MSR E2, all or most of the CPU power management is lost and the system does not boot.

In Clover 2 patches have been used: KernelPM (for AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext) and KernelXCPM (for the kernel). In OpenCore 2 others have been used: AppleCpuPmCfgLock (for AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext) and AppleXcpmCfgLock (for the kernel). These patches fix the problem but the registry is still read-only. To ensure native CPU power management, CFG Lock bit must be set to 0x0.

To achieve this, the firmware must be modified to support writing to MSR E2. This method is preferred over Clover and OC patches, it generates greater system stability and the CPU power management more closely resembles that of a real Mac. The methods that are usually proposed for this task are too complex for most users who do not have a high level of knowledge, requiring specialized tools and even modified Grub.

Below I comment on an alternative method that is much simpler and that, at least in my case, seems to have been successful. Like any of the methods that modify this bit, it has the risk of not working or even damaging the BIOS, so if you try it it is under your entire responsibility.

CFGLock.efi

User @Brumbaer has a tool called CFGLock.efi (see post). It is an EFI application, it has to be installed in OC Tools folder (Misc - Tools in config.plist) and in this way it is available in the OC menu next to Reset NVRAM. It should be accompanied by another tool included in the OC package called VerifyMsrE2.efi that reports current status of CFG Lock (locked / unlocked).

When CFGLock.efi runs, it displays information (CFG variable found, varstore in which it resides, current reading and requests user intervention to make the change from 0x1 to 0x0 or vice versa). Then you have to restart. With VerifyMsrE2.efi we can check if the change has been successful.

Both EFI applications can be run by selecting them directly in the OC menu but it is also possible, by installing OpenShell.efi tool, to run this shell and running them from there. Information for handling OpenShell.efi is available in OC and elsewhere.

After CFGLock.efi

I have tried CFGLock.efi and apparently it has worked well.

macOS boots up and works fine with the OC patches AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock disabled.
        VerifyMsrE2.efi reports "This firmware has UNLOCKED MSR 0XE2 register!".
        Hackintool in Utilities - Get AppleIntelInfo displays this text: AppleIntelInfo.kext v3.0 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved. IA32_MISC_ENABLES................(0x1A0) : 0x850089 ------------------------------------------ - CFG Lock............................. : 0 (MSR not locked) Note: Hackintool current version (3.4.6) doesn't show text after Get AppleIntelInfo in Big Sur beta 10. It's got from Catalina.
        Intel Power Gadget - Frequency graph shows variations between maximum and minimum suggestive of CPUPM.  

• By qmgoqwe
      I have installed MacOS and Windows on the following hardware:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X MSI B450M Mortar Max Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 5600 XT 6G Samsung 860 QVO, 1 TB SSD (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x1)/Sata(0x5,0xFFFF,0x0)) - MacOS on this disk Kingston A2000 SSD 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,15-AD-CD-26-28-B7-26-00)) - Windows on this disk  
      OpenCore 0.6.1 MacOS 10.15.7 both disks GPT UEFI  
      Both OSs boot nicely and work as a charm when selecting either of the disks as boot disks in the BIOS.

However, trying to boot Windows 10 from the Opencore Bootmanager (no matter whether PickerMode=internal or OpenCanopy) causes a Windows Blue Screen ("SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED").
      To be on the safe side, I have added an appropriate entry to Misc->Entries:
      <key>Arguments</key> <string></string> <key>Auxiliary</key> <false/> <key>Comment</key> <string>Not signed for security reasons</string> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>Name</key> <string>Windows 10</string> <key>Path</key> <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,15-AD-CD-26-28-B7-26-00)/HD(1,GPT,2E9695CB-0F9A-4005-AADB-2FF9C96AD02C,0x800,0x32000)/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi</string> It points to the Windows 10 bootmanager on the Windows disk's EFI partition.

What's wrong with that? Why does this cause a BSOD? It is not clear to me why it works when booting from BIOS but not here.

config.plist attached (but maybe it has no relevance for the problem).
      config.plist