1. Ciumann

Ciumann

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By datta0
      Hi, I have a small problem with my Open core Hackintosh build.
      I actually got EFI from someone on the internet and tweaked it a bit so I could get up and running.
      Here is my EFI.
      My laptop boots fine but while booting, it shows the apple logo for the first 5 seconds, then goes blank for 2-3minutes and then I see apple login screen.
      This happens every time. I tried a few config edits but didn't work.
      Can someone look into my EFI and suggest any necessary changes that can improve boot times?

Thanks in advance 
    • By Lakkantha
      i install mac Catalina osx but can't boot without fake intel inject. And no audio or wifi. Can you help to make my clover config please
      Efi folder

• By ajpadovani
      I am really at my wits end here. I am hoping someone on here with more experience with UEFI and boot loaders might be able to provide insight into an otherwise inexplicable problem I am having with a brand-new system built around the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS. My gut tells me the problem is somehow related to UEFI settings, Secure boot, or some combination, but I really have no idea if that is the case.

The problem is two-fold. First, my system will only boot to a device (e.g., USB stick) under two conditions: 1) no SATA drive is plugged in or 2) when a specific SSD is plugged in (I'll refer to this as SSD1). I have three other hard drives that otherwise work (I have tested them in another system). None of them have Windows installed, though some do have existing data partitions. One of the three is a brand-new, never-been-used 1TB SSD. If I plug in any of these three other hard drives, the system will reboot immediately after POST. However, if SSD1 is plugged in it will boot to a USB stick - UEFI or Legacy, doesn't matter.

Secondly, if I attempt to create a partition, run a surface test, or install an OS to SSD1, the system immediately reboots. I can format SSD1, change volume sizes, run a surface scan, but only in a live linux environment - if I plug SSD1 into another machine as a secondary data drive (i.e., I boot to my primary boot volume), the other machine will blue screen when loading into Windows. If it is attached to this new machine, it will boot to a USB stick just fine.

I have also enabled Hot Plug, which allows me to access SATA drives that I plug in after boot. If I hot plug the brand-new 1TB SSD during a live linux distro, the drive shows up and I can see its properties. However, if I try to do something like create a partition or run a surface test, the machine will also immediately reboot.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might cause this? The only thing that I can think of that explains both problems is some kind of secure boot-like security feature, but I haven't been able to figure out how to confirm whether that is the case. In 20 years of building computers I have never even heard of anything like this. I am new to EFI systems, however, so I'm quite out of my element - this is the first EFI-based system I've set up.
    • By PropoFlexWX4
      After hearing that OpenCore is so much better than Clover, and that it will probably be able to boot Big Sur before Clover does, I decided to take the jump.

Running Catalina 10.15.5 18F101 with OC 0.5.9.

So far I like the result. The OS feels faster, boots faster.
      And absolutely everything works (sleep, network, etc...)

So, that's it? Is there anything else I have to do?
    • By MrPaulfpv
      Hi people
      IM trying to install high sierra with opencore 0.5.7 on a brand new samsung ssd
      Everything works fine with installer till i get to boot from the new ssd(OSXSSD)
      It boots well till apple logo appears loading and get stuck then it shows Installer Expired
      TRied: terminal Date-u  /  Date - u update "time.apple.com" and manual date set
      DAte -u 0621150020
      Windows shows time well and bios too.
      specs: z390 Aorus pro wifi - 8700K
      opencore 0.5.7 and efi from official website