42 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, yeah. Take a look above in the original photos and look at the last two. FEom what I have been seeing about Pantheon they are still at least a year out in development since they are still in pre-alpha. By then I will probably have the time/money to upgrade the case to allow for a full size card. 

Advertisement
9 hours ago, millusions said:

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/10-series/galax-geforcer-gtx-1070-katana.html

should be able to find a cheap one nowdays

i have a 1070 in my Xbox Killa build, it's a beast (for now)

Yeah I have seen that card mentioned in other builds similar to mine but think that it may be too tall. This case really limits what it can accept with how wide and how tall the card is, length is just fine for standard card lengths, its just everything else about the card that is difficult apparently!! LOL

Thanks for all the help @millusions

Alright well she is running.... somewhat. Still have a couple issues that I am trying to work through..

1. UHD 630 internal graphics is only recognizing 14mb for some reason in High Sierra 10.13.6. Monitor is not recognized either. 

2. Bluetooth is not being recognized at all even with the Broadcom kexts installed in the other folder..

Gonna pick this up tomorrow night but so far everything went pretty smoothly. I originally messed up my Clover Bootloader so I kept getting a hang. Resolved that by taking my USB install disk, ended up finding a NEWER boot loader (as of a few days ago) and installed that on the USB as well as saved the folder (which I hadn't in the first place apparently.... d'oh!) and then went through that portion of the process again. Now it boots just fine on its own, get a quick graphical glitch when I first log in but I have a feeling that is due to issue #1. 

Good thing is that all my USB ports as recognized, which I figured was going to be my first issue outside of the ethernet. Been fun so far. Now just got to get everything running properly. 

whatevergreen and inject intel?

not too sure on this, i've only gone as far as HD 4600 myself, works fine with above.

if you have all wifi/bt kexts sometimes helps to put them in /Library/Extensions

get KCPM utility Pro here https://www.firewolf.science/2016/09/kcpm-utility-pro-v6-brand-new-kexts-ezinstaller-macos-sierra-supported-repairing-permissions-configuring-rootless-and-more/

for installing kexts

USB 3 patch in clover:

• High Sierra 10.13.6:
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [HEX]: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837D880F 90909090 9090
    • Comment: USB 10.13.6
    • MatchOS: 10.13.x

sleep working?

Thanks @millusions haven't really tested to see if sleep works as I was putzing around on the machine last night when I was working on everything, so I never setup sleep or activated hot corners. However, this morning I did so Apple>Sleep and that seemed to work however my screen did not fully go to sleep (could still see mouse arrow too) so I would say it is partially working but have not fully tested. 

32889803278_b1c1f793d8_z.jpg

31823792267_4fe82c1a43_z.jpg

Have to say that once this thing gets to the Apple Logo boot screen, she screams to the password entry!

46712512542_7b74cbea07_z.jpg

and here is my kexts/other folder as of this morning before I left for work.

46765512521_c8921a622d_z.jpg

So have a little bit of success tonight with the hack.... Was able to finally get wifi recognized with items from Rehabman for the FakePCIID and Broadcom_fix packages. Still working on trying to get the bluetooth portion recognized though. Figured that it would have worked when the wifi was recognized but I must have missed a step. 

For the video I am getting the below kernel panic when booting. 

31830232317_961870ee8b_z.jpg

Think I remember reading about a framebuffer fix for intel graphic acceleration. Time for some more digging. And yes, I have increased the iGPU memory to at least 128mb in the bios.

hey,

yea. i dont have any experince with that graphics, sorry.

are you injecting intel?

i played around with RAM for HD 4600 and mostly it made no difference, left it on auto or max.

so the trick is to make config-test.plist etc. then you press space bar at boot and chose different config.

and backup EFI because that's your whole hack right there - well maybe in a couple of days.

Ok thanks @millusions I appreciate all your help.

So for anyone else that may be watching this, here are my remaining issues..

1. No graphics acceleration on the Intel UHD630 integrated graphics

2. No bluetooth (wifi works though)

3. No sounds/audio (but think I may have that figured out)

4. ...

5. PROFIT!

Alright!!! So I can mark off #3 from the list... ended up going back through removing all my kext files from the Other folder as well as the ones that I had put in the /L/E folder and kinda started over from scratch.

Went through and did the sudo kextcache -i / command from the command line and cleared my cache. 

Confirmed after restart that NOTHING was working that previously had (e.g. wifi and ethernet).

Installed the IntelMausiEthernet.kext into the Other folder and reboots... ethernet now works

Then I started working on the sound following Morgonauts video and got it to work with the first number (1) in the Inject Audio after installing the AppleALC.kext in the kext/Other folder. So have one small success tonight so far. 

Alright, after hours of messing with the video to try and get things to work properly giving me full gfx acceleration I had no luck. I have not gone through the Hackintool read yet but after trying multiple other methods, even attempting to spook the platform and device IDs in Clover I had not luck.  

Seems crazy to me that there are a couple other threads where people are able to get these items working right away with minimal issues and I am running into so many problems, kinda makes we want to wipe my drive and start over again. 

So Items that are still not working

- No gfx acceleration (Intel UHD 630 is recognized but only showing 14mb of memory)

- No bluetooth (wifi portion is working fine however bluetooth hardware is not recognized)

Solutions (proposed)

- For video, framebuffer patching needs to occur apparently. This is referenced by the message received during verbose boot process. Hackintool [created by @headkaze] recommended by @Allan as way to appropriately fix.

- For bluetooth, seems that there is an issue with USB configuration in ACPI from reading different forums/threads. This is remedied by correctly assigning USB ports through usage of USBInjectAll.kext

Seems like both of these items are fairly involved with the latter requiring the creation of a custom SSDT file and injection of USB items. 

Holy #$%@!! Finally got bluetooth working after going through the USB cleanup thread by @headkazewhile utilizing the Hackintool!! 

One thing that I have realized is that when inputting items into your /L/E or /S/L/E folder you definitely need to be using a KEXT installer. Had just been dragging and dropping into the respective folder.

For me, the following worked.

- Going through the USB Cleanup thread steps and activated all the applicable ports

- Used Hackintool to create a USBPorts.kext file, once created you drop this into EFI>Kexts>Other as this is now your proper port mapping for your system. 

- Make sure that you have Rehabman's FakePCIID and Broadcom kexts in your EFI>Kexts>Other folder to supplement

After all of that, a few restarts and now my bluetooth is recognized!!!

32920946458_d4320d6354_z.jpg

So that now leaves me with fixing the damn graphics acceleration..... time to do some more researching!!

Edited by mizznfizz

So oddity I noticed last night... when the system is booting to the clover bootloader screen, I do not have bluetooth at that point, so i have to plug my keyboard in to ensure I have it boot from my macOS drive vs. something else (like the Vault or Preboot Bootloader). I need to go through and rearrange my boot items so that it always boots from last used (still running verbose mode so that adds to boot time). 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:25 PM, mizznfizz said:

So oddity I noticed last night... when the system is booting to the clover bootloader screen, I do not have bluetooth at that point, so i have to plug my keyboard in to ensure I have it boot from my macOS drive vs. something else (like the Vault or Preboot Bootloader). I need to go through and rearrange my boot items so that it always boots from last used (still running verbose mode so that adds to boot time). 

So looks like this ends up being a continuity issue with Bluetooth. What I didn't realize from Rehabmans Broadcom thread is that while the Z2 wifi/bt chip is supported it is not NATIVELY supported, so looks like I will have some other work to go through and get BT continuity working properly. 

Ok ran into some other issues last night with an ACPI error that would not let me get into safe mode or anything. Not really sure what I did but I couldn't get macOS to load so I reformatted and started again. Getting everything else working first (USB ports, Ethernet, WiFi/BT) then I will worry about the iGPU. 

Here is the weirdest thing, there are two builds on another forum that use same board, same processor with slightly different other items and installing Mojave and/or High Sierra and both were able to get their setups working right away. Not sure where I am going wrong.

Mobo- ASRock Z370m-itx/ac with 3.10 BIOS (I believe, need to verify in BIOS tonight and looks like there is an updated bios with minor fixes)

CPU - Core i5 8400

Monitor is an Acer k272HUL IPS display connected via Display Port (has 2xHDMI ports available as well)

Oddity that I noticed last night and believe it is associated with the USB port fix that needs to be done, is that while the board has two gigabit lan ports, only one works for me. I had the second working at one point but not working OOB like I thought. Have installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext to resolve ethernet issue in the clover>kexts>other folder.

Really starting to wonder if there is something up with my board too. Get an oddity, will have to take a pic with my phone, when booting into the boot device selection screen where I get all kinds of graphical artifacts. I did end up winning an old bid I put in on a Dell OEM Radeon R7 350x low profile card that should fit my case and that will be here on Friday. But the bid in before I realized that there may be some compatibility issues with the card OOB (great another thing to mess with) but that will at least give me an idea of there is something else going on here. 

Ok so finally got everything working again and started trying to get the framebuffer taken care of to get graphics acceleration. 

Attempted using a "general" framebuffer guide as the Framebuffer Patching via WEG guide just isn't making sense to me and I am not getting any framebuffer dumps when using the two boot arguments.

So here is where I am at. tried using a different guide that has been updated as of a few days ago from another site that had a similar board to mine. I am now stuck at a kernal hang. I get hung up on AppleACPICPU for multiple "Busy" signals then I will go into the Apple logo (quickly and very broken) and I get a black screen. Can't get past this even in safemode to get to my config.plist to swap it out for the previous settings. 

Any ideas how to get back to the system desktop to get this fixed?

Finally was able to get past the ACPICPU error, realized that I had not changed my boot order so I was still attempting to use the UEFI partition for the drive to boot instead of the bootable usb thumbdrive. Got past that and was able to replace the EFI folder with my back-up that I created before I started messing with the integrated graphics. Now I can boot into the system with everything working except the integrated graphics which is fine for the moment as I will work through that.

Also got the R7 350x card only to find out that the system recognizes it as an r7 250 card but same as the integrated graphics I get no graphics acceleration. Spent 3hrs messing with different injections, framebuffer patches in clover, etc. to get no graphics accelerations. Biggest bummer is while this card is TINY (only 15.9mm wide from back of pcb to front of fan) it literally pushes up against the side mount of the wesena. I would have to gun into the wesena to remove the standoffs that hold the side mount piece to get it to have enough room (which would afford me about another 9mm) but with this card seeemingly not supported I am stuck.

So I am at a hard spot now.. Either I got to figure out what is needed to get the integrated graphics working properly or I need to return the card, sell the case and possibly the psu and replace those three with something similar but that is OOB supported. My less than $700 build is suddenly causing me issues.. BLEH!!

But serious thanks to @millusions @Allan for attempting to help me so much over other threads. 

Well I am finally up and running completely and stably. I was still having trouble with getting full graphics acceleration when a user in another thread recommended using a clover folder from someone else's build that he was able to get functioning.

Well I gave it a shot and sure enough I have everything up and running perfectly now. I will probably take the next week to make little tweaks here and there to ensure everything is stable, then upgrade to Mojave. Once that is done and stable I can call this complete!

I still need to go through the other users Clover>Kexts>Other folder to see what was different and also their clover settings.