emilevirus

HP 17-by0062st won't shutdown properly

30 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, emilevirus said:

I had removed Whatevergreen. I've readded your DSDT and still

Send me Emiles-MacBook-Pro.zip

Well, I've had you barking up the wrong tree and it's my bad.  I've been thinking that the problem was with your DVMT because I had that issue when my laptop wouldn't shut down but that was a different problem.  I found the fix that worked for me in a thread in the DSDT post I made for my laptop.  The fix requires a DSDT patch.  Here's the patched DSDT.  Replace the customized DSDT in Clover/ACPI/Patched and let me know if this works for you.

DSDT.aml.zip

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334102-hp-envy-17-ae100/?do=findComment&comment=2615708

Edited by mnfesq

Advertisement
1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

Well, I've had you barking up the wrong tree and it's my bad.  I've been thinking that the problem was with your DVMT because I had that issue when my laptop wouldn't shut down but that was a different problem.  I found the fix that worked for me in a thread in the DSDT post I made for my laptop.  The fix requires a DSDT patch.  Here's the patched DSDT.  Replace the customized DSDT in Clover/ACPI/Patched and let me know if this works for you.

DSDT.aml.zip

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334102-hp-envy-17-ae100/?do=findComment&comment=2615708

Still

Shouldn't be DropOem set to true for full DSDT?

I'm also still getting kernel panic every few hours. 

Edited by emilevirus

2 hours ago, emilevirus said:

Still

Shouldn't be DropOem set to true for full DSDT?

I'm also still getting kernel panic every few hours. 

No, you want to keep all of the SSDT's, you just want the custom ones to supersede the original ones of the same file name.  As for your KP's, I'm not sure what's going on but are you sure you need all the stuff you have for USB function?  It looks like overkill to me.  All I needed was USBInjectAll.kext in Clover.

As for your shutdown problem, the patch I gave you was the one I used for an Intel motherboard.  Do you have any idea what motherboard you have in your laptop?  Can you find a replacement motherboard on eBay or some other online store that you can look at to determine who makes it?  The patch and the shutdown problem is BIOS-specific and depends on the brand of motherboard.

9 hours ago, mnfesq said:

No, you want to keep all of the SSDT's, you just want the custom ones to supersede the original ones of the same file name.  As for your KP's, I'm not sure what's going on but are you sure you need all the stuff you have for USB function?  It looks like overkill to me.  All I needed was USBInjectAll.kext in Clover.

As for your shutdown problem, the patch I gave you was the one I used for an Intel motherboard.  Do you have any idea what motherboard you have in your laptop?  Can you find a replacement motherboard on eBay or some other online store that you can look at to determine who makes it?  The patch and the shutdown problem is BIOS-specific and depends on the brand of motherboard.

It's there but there's not much info about it. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/L22736-601-HP-MOTHERBOARD-INTEL-I5-8250U-17-BY-17-BY0062ST-AE57/233027494221?hash=item364185614d:g:emgAAOSwGPNcAV8c:rk:1:pf:0

6 hours ago, emilevirus said:

I think you have the right patch for your DSDT but for some reason, it's not working.  I would make a post in the DSDT section of this forum and try to enlist MaLd0n's help.  If anyone here can fix this, he can.  Also, although I didn't check it, it's possible that power functions are handled in an SSDT in addition to your DSDT.  That may be why just patching your DSDT didn't work. Good luck.