Mister3000

High Sierra on Asus n53SV laptop (Sandy Bridge)

10 posts in this topic

hi guys,

Im hoping some one can help me out of this jam. maybe this is an easy fix but im lost.

I've been running yosemite for years on my asus N53SV but i figured its time to upgrade.. and since i was told mojave its too much trouble im fine with going to High Sierra.

my issue is this:

I created a usb boot and grabbed a clover folder from a website that claimed everything worked out of the box. i was able to boot in to the setup screen, however my image looks all distorted. im guessing it has something to do with the fact that i replaced the panel on  my laptop from a 720P to a 1080p display. i was able to solve this same issue when i was on yosemite by using a patched DSDT but if i use that same old patch DSDT then i get issues/conflicts like my internal keyboard and trackpad not working.

This are my specs:

ASUS N53SV

HD3000 1080p

i7 2670qm

512 GB SSD

8GB Ram

maybe someone can point me in the right direction.. 

Im attaching aa picture in case someone has seen this issue before.

Thanks

IMG_1482 (1).JPG

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Enable DualLink in your config. Assuming you currently use SNB layout-id 0x00010000 and MBP8,1 SMBIOS, you may also try layout-id 0x00020000 and MBP8,3 SMBIOS.

Edited by Hervé

waoh !!

and just like that Herve' has gotten through yet another jam. thanks a lot man, you have been helping me since my first hackingtosh my old Dell D630 :)

I did as you said. went on to clover configurator and enable DualLink and also on SMBIOS choose MBP8,2 and now i got full 1080p picture.

Thanks again man, you are genius !!

OK,

Im back with yet another  issue.

i was able install high sierra.

then installed clover on the SSD and replaced the clover folder with the one from my usb stick installer.

but now when trying to boot from SSD i get 

boot0af: error

tried following the guides in the internet to fix this problem and i get operation not supported.

any ideas ?

IMG_1491.JPG

I just found my own mistake.

i realized that I wrote “identifier” on the command instead of the disk number for my os installation.  :(

Hi there, 

Looking for a little help here.

Just updated to high sierra 10.13.6 and now all i get is black screen after boot up.

Have read much about it, and all i can find is that i need the intelfixup kext. however that kext its already part of whatevergreen and lilu, both of those kexts are already on my efi folder.

Any ideas whats causing the black screen after upgrading from 10.13.2 to 10.13.6 ?

sandy bridge ASUS N53SV i7 

HD3000 intel graphics / GT540M Discrete graphics

Thanks

I've got your exact laptop except that my display is only 13x7 so you need DualLink and I do not. I have 10.13.6 running perfectly and 10.12 was as well, except that I KP on wake. Does your unit sleep and wake OK ?

Upload your EFI folder and I'll do the same with mine. You are welcome to my DSDT but you need to be updated to the latest Asus  BIOS v215.

I do not use IntelFixup or WhateverGreen.

Let's collaborate & figure this out :)

Edited by bisk
add info

Yep, but my problem is that I reboot/freeze on wake. This is a dual GPU system where I believe that I have disabled the dedicated NVidia GT540M correctly as there is no sign of it in the registry. I probably should start a new topic for this, eh ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shogun
      Hi,

I'm trying to get a clean install of High Sierra, but didn't manage to get too far... stuck on pre-installer with some errors.

General flow that i've tried, following relevant guides and some success stories:
      1. Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create bootable usb drive.
      2. Tried to use different options, UEFI boot mode, Legacy boot mode, with and without Clover configuration...

In legacy mode it restarts after last error, while in uefi it hangs on kextd stall...

Screens with error and clover folder/config attached.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 EVO
      CPU: i7 2600K (not overlocked)
      Graphics: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
      Memory: Kingston 16 GB (2x8gb) 1333MHz
      Storage: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Are this components compatible with High Sierra? From what i see on other threads, people got it working somehow.
      Should i use Legacy boot mode as of advice from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or is possible to get it working with UEFI? Which one is better?

How to get rid of "Unsupported CPU for reporter"?

Any help would be highly appreciated. I'm desperate on wasting time to get it working. 

Thanks!

CLOVER.zip
      config.plist
    • By JackRabbitSlim
      Hi everyone,
      This is my first hackintosh. To be completely honest there's still a lot I'm trying to figure out... And considering I can't even get the installer to begin, seems like there's something I'm just not understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I've specced the machine based on a multiple successful builds I've seen in various vanilla forums.
      I've set the recommended BIOS, double-checked, but can't even get to an installer screen despite following a Vanilla guide from a popular hackintosh youtuber.
      (Not sure if her links can be mentioned, posted etc... Just playing it safe since this is my 1st post...)

THE BUILD:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare
      i9 9900k
      Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse - 8 GB
      G.Skill TridentZ 3200 - 64 GB
      Samsung EVO 840 (This is a scrap drive. Planned on using it to get the build running first, then cloning my MP 5,1 HS image after.)
      Other Stuff: Bluetooth, USB, iGPU, etc not important yet... Current goal is just to get the machine booting... I'll focus on WIFI/BT etc after...

I've tried multiple SMBIOS profiles, (listed below). All of them prevent me from even booting the installer with the message below.
      At this point I'm wondering if the issue is HS related, or if there's a step that, although obvious to some, isn't obvious to me and overlooking somehow.

Message returned when attempting to boot the installer. (Pic attached):

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
      Reason: Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95

I also get an error when I click update in Clover saying: Package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install
      ^ Seems like this indicates I've missed a step or done something wrong?

Here's a list of the complete steps I've taken so far:

Double-checked BIOS settings according to each build.
      Built a vanilla installer based on the video I mentioned above, steps listed below... (I've done this twice now, confirming I followed the steps in the guide.)

Vanilla Installer Steps:
      Wiped and formatted my thumb drive with GUID Partition, HFS Extended (Journaled) Used terminal to create a bootable installer from a 10.13.6 installer I downloaded last june/july. Installed Clover Bootloader onto the Install macOS High Sierra partition of the thumb drive, and ticked: Clover for UEFI booting only, Install Clover into the ESP, VBox HFS-64, APFSDriverLoader-64, AptioMemoryFix-64 (leaving everything else unticked.)  
      Clover Configurator Steps:
      Mounted the Thumb Drive's EFI folder, opened C.C. and "downloaded" Lilu, WhateverGreen, & FakeSMC to the Other folder, & installed sensors. Deleted the default plist and manually created one using the Coffee Lake 'sample plist' from r/Vanilla Hackintosh Desktop Guide. Copy plist to the mounted EFI folder.  
      Open the plist with CC and did the following:
      Confirmed the following flags were set in CC's Boot section - Verbose (-v), dart=0, debug=0x100, & keepsyms=1 Tried 5 different SMBIOS profiles - iMac 18,1 ,  iMac 18,3 ,  iMac 19,1 , iMacPro 1,1 , and MacBookPro 15,1.  
      All result in the same Mac OS X is not supported on this platform message. The one suggestion I've found so far that seemed like it might work was to add the boot argument:
       -no_compat_check

Same results, installer won't start and I get the same message...

Seems like there must be something I've missed or I've done something wrong... I've spent the weekend searching, reading, etc, no luck so far...

A few questions:

I made the installer on my MacBook, not the build I'm trying to hack. Could this be related to the issue?            (I.e. - Does the vanilla method mean you need to create your SMBIOS profile on the actual machine you'll be Hackintoshing?)

Is there a 9900k or Sapphire RX580 compatibility patch needed for 10.13 I haven't seen mentioned in the Mojave builds?  
      Does the Clover update message package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install indicate something isn't right with my installer setup?  

Please excuse me if anything above isn't clear, I'm brand new to all this and frankly I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a lot of it!

• By fusion71au
      Making a High Sierra USB Installer Entirely From Scratch in Windows
      This is a proof of concept tutorial, to show it's possible to create a vanilla High Sierra installer, entirely from scratch, in Windows (even without App Store downloaded "Install macOS High Sierra.app" from a real Mac ).  @PikeRAlpha's link to Apple's Software Catalog provides us with all the URLs necessary to download the needed files directly from Apple instead of some dubious source from the internet...

Pre-Requisites
      8GB or larger USB drive Boot Disk Utility v2.1.2017rev021b from @CVAD TransMac (free 15 day trial) Paragon Hard Disk Manager Free Download Installer Files Directly from Apple
      1)  Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist (Hint - search page for "InstallESD" to find its URL and others nearby)

to a folder named "SharedSupport" on your Windows NTFS drive.  A browser download manager (eg Chrono for Chrome, dTA for FireFox) is handy since InstallESD is >4GB ---> allows you to pause/resume interrupted download...

2)  Rename InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg
      3)  Edit InstallInfo.plist with WordPad/text editor to remove the chunklistURL and chunklistid keys for InstallESD, and renaming it from InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg (example of edited file attached to this post)...
      Note:  You can verify the SHA1 checksum of your InstallESD.dmg and BaseSystem.dmg with the correct ones at this website.
      Boot Disk Utility to format the Installer USB and Restore OS X Base System HFS partition
      1.  Format USB with BDU & latest Clover ---> creates boot files in CLOVER partition + second FAT partition
      2.  Extract 4.hfs from \SharedSupport\BaseSystem.dmg with BDU --> save to it's local folder
      3.  Restore 4.hfs to USB second partition with BDU --->  2nd partition becomes bootable "OS X Base System"
      Paragon Hard Disk Manager to extend HFS Partition to its Full Extent
      Open Paragon Partition Manager Free and resize the second partition of the USB drive to the full size allowed.  Don't forget to apply the changes at the end...
      Transmac to Copy "SharedSupport" folder to OS X Base System
      1.  Open the TransMac program and navigate to the HFS+ Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents folder.  Right click anywhere in the empty space on the RHS pane and select "Copy Here"...
      2.  In the next stage, select the "SharedSupport" folder we created above as the "Files and Folders to be copied to the Mac Volume"...
      Clover Settings
      Clover configuration is required now.  The default config.plist (in the Clover FAT32 partition of the USB) maybe sufficient to boot your machine if you’re lucky.  If not, look at the Clover Wiki, Clover Instructions and Clover Configuration Thread for pointers and edit /EFI/Clover/config.plist accordingly with Wordpad or Notepad.
      The location of the important configuration files for Clover are summarized below
      config.plist--->EFI/CLOVER folder DSDT.aml with or without SSDT.aml--->EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (don't need one if your DSDT is auto patched by Clover in config.plist) Kexts eg FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement --->EFI/CLOVER/kexts/<osx version> or /Other. NB BootDiskUtility by default already has FakeSMC.kext installed here.  You may need to add VoodooPS2Controller for your laptop keyboard/trackpad to work. If UEFI booting, you will most likely need one of the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 drivers copied from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers-off/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. If you want to use the installer to run High Sierra in Windows on VMware, you can follow my guide to set up the Virtual Machine and replace Clover's default config with EFI_Clover for VMware (which is compatible to run in VMware).  In the screenshots below, I have attached the USB Installer (in this case PhysicalDrive7) to my macOS Virtual Machine.  Reboot the system to the USB installer to install High Sierra ...
      What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?
      Not a problem, as long as we get "OS X Base System" bootable, we can launch terminal from the Utilities Menu to copy the SharedSupport folder over to the Installer app.  In essence, we will build the full installer app = 5GB+ on the target HD eg "Macintosh HD", by copying both the "small" installer app = 15MB (on "OS X Base System") and the SharedSupport folder from the NTFS volume (mounted in this example on /Volumes/DATA)...
      -bash-3.2# cd / -bash-3.2# cp -R Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ -bash-3.2# cp -R /Volumes/DATA/SharedSupport /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/  
      ...then start installation with the startosinstall utility...
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app  
      The above steps can be automated with the attached "startosinstall.command" script, which will assemble "Install macOS High Sierra.app" on "Macintosh HD" and launch the startosinstall utility targeting the "Macintosh HD" volume.  Copy/download to "Macintosh HD", then run in terminal (after attaching DATA USB with /Shared Support folder)...
      cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" chmod +x startosinstall.command ./startosinstall.command Updated Download Links for macOS Mojave 10.14.5_18F132
      Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist  
      Note: In Mojave, Apple has removed the --converttoapfs NO and --applicationpath arguments from the startosinstall utility....

eg to use startosinstall for the above section "What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?", the syntax is now
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD  
      This basically means that for Mojave, the default installation will always convert the target volume to the apfs file system.

startosinstall.command.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.13.6.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.14.5.zip

• By lk_lima
      Olá Pessoal ,

Tenho um Sony Vaio VPCEH e instalei o high sierra ,está tudo funcionando beleza o problema é que o boot está muito lento (cerca de 1 minuto e meio) quando uso a kext de bateria ACPIBatteryManager.kext do RehabMan ,quanto removo ela o boot não demora mais que 30s já tentei todas as versão da kext disponível no repositório . Anexei minhas informações e DSDT.

Sony Vaio VPCEH 
      CPU: i5-2520M
      RAM:8 GB DDR3
      GPU: Intel HD3000
      MacBook Pro de Lucas.ioreg
      DSDT.aml
    • By rtke333
      Hi!

Could anyone help me installing High Sierra on this system?
      I succesfully installed Sierra before on this system with help of Jake Lo (thanks!!), I just wondering if could High sierra possible to installed on this system?
      Boot stopped at this. I'll attach my Clover folder and a picture from boot.
      UEFI enabled, and for skylake I used IntelGraphicsDVMTfixup and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts. My bios is very limited and does not have any option to change dvmt prealloc or anything else.
      Everything works fine on Sierra.
      Here is my system:

THIS TOPIC IS OUTDATED AND WILL NO LONGER UPDATED.
      PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK FOR GUIDE & UPDATED FILES:
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/338103-guide-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-mojave-windows/

Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G-55TU

(Note: Bootpack works fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)

Mobo: Skylake USOPP_SLS
      Bios: Insyde corp latest version
      CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.30 GHz (Skylake)
      GPU: Geforce GTX 950M 2 GB (optimus, disabled), Intel HD 530
      Ram: 8 GB DDR4 (4+4 GB)
      Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A, Replaced to BCM94352Z
      Ethernet: Realtek 8168B/8111B
      Audio: ALC 255 (layout-3 fix)
      Card Reader: Realtek
      HDD: 1 TB
      Dual-boot with Windows 10

Any help appreciated!

UPDATE! (2017.10.30)
      UPDATE! (2017.11.09)
      UPDATE! (2018.02.01)

Successfully installed High Sierra 10.13, 10.13.1, 10.13.3
      SEE THIS POST: #49 IF YOU THINK YOUR CPU IS HOT (60+°C) OR NOT GOING UNDER 1.3GHz FREQUENCY WHEN IDLE
      (Original OSXLatitude post link: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10077-success-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-55tu-high-sierra-dual-boot-windows/)
      Working:
      Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with BCM94352z: (enabled with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, install them with Kext Utility or another kext installer) (Original WiFi is Qualcomm Atheros, unsupported but BT works) Hand-off with BCM94352z Full Graphics enabled on HD 530, HDMI, VGA. ALC 255 Audio: (Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack (microphone not tested) with layout-3 fix (you can use AppleHDAPatcher) Ethernet Realtek 8168B/8111B App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud (native) Integrated webcam (native) 3.0 USB (native) Touchpad and Keyboard: Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn. (VoodoPS2Controller.kext) Battery info: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with kext utility or other installer. Sleep Mode: In High Sierra sleep mode not worked for me natively. Inject custom EDID to fix the blank screen after wake from sleep
      See here for instruction (thanks black.dragon74 and Jake Lo !!) Please add these 2 patches to ACPI\DSDT\Patches in your config.plist in order to avoid not responding applications after sleep: (added in "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip") HECI to IMEI 48454349 494d4549 EC0 to EC 4543305f 45435f5f Before updating to a new version of High Sierra please update kexts to new versions to avoid kernel panics Note: No need for "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext" so you should delete it. Not working:
      Original Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle. NVIDIA GTX 950M: Optimus not supported. Card Reader: Unsupported For WiFi:
      You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used tp-link Archer T1U (5GHz support), Tp-link have official macOS drivers, you just need to install it (OR)Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Z card (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kext I wrote above I'll attach my EFI folder for anyone who want to install High Sierra (acer_aspire_v5_591g_55tu_hs.zip).
      *REUPLOADED updated CLOVER folder, attached as "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip" (uploaded to OSXLatitude forum, can't upload here).

I'm using High Sierra in Dual-boot with Windows 8.1. To do this in a clean install or with Windows installed first try my little minimal guide:

Dual-boot clean install (on one drive):
      1. Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it's no matter what), 1 for Mac), 
      2. Install Mac, boot with your USB, *mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder, copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,
      3. Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      4. Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi 5. You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (you can search for it).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
      1. Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.
      2. Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.
      3. Restore from image: select your full system restore image.
      4. When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.
      5. Do Step 2. from "*" from clean install dual-boot above. but KEEP "Microsoft" FOLDER IN IT!
      6. Do Step 4. from clean install dual-boot above.
      7. You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (I only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      Make sure you have partitions in GPT The best version for restore method is Windows 8.1. It's using 200 MB EFI. Windows 10 using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. You can use with Windows 10, just ignore the errors IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT installer IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found)
      It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem) You also could "mount" the EFI from windows, for that open cmd and type: diskpart list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4) sel vol 4 list part (Select System type partition, for example 2) sel part 2 assign letter=b (This will "mount" your EFI partition, to manage files download totalcmd or explorer++ (run as admin)) remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI) Here is a video from dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Q8uPkwcWQ
      Here some pictures: